Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi all!! I posted on here several weeks ago when I found out I was pregnant with the intention of sticking to plan. Well that didn't work as I've had all day nausea which only went whilst I was eating- all the wrong things!! First time I've had an apple since being pregnant was today!
However this week I've started to feel more 'normal' and think I'll be able to stick to it now. I've planned the next week and I'm really hoping for a loss after gaining 4lbs in the last two weeks! Its an IVF pregnancy and I'm 11+2 today.

I'm exactly the same!
Am 11+5 and have had 2 days feeling nearly human again and have eaten some fruit and veg!
I need to get back on track after gaining 5lbs last week!

Hi Laura, its salad that I can't face the thought of and I used to eat loads of it! I'm not too bad with fruit but can't say its ever been my snack of choice, however I'm going to try and have more of it to make up for the lack of salad. I'm feeling really positive now. It would be so nice to have a loss instead of a gain next week. I don't think I've had a loss since my treatment started at the beginning of October.
Congratulations on your pregnancy and dont worry i'm the same with salad at the mo but can manage toms and cucumber x

I was also told that I couldn't have epidural and at the meeting yesterday he told me it would've relaxed my pelvis and Imogen wouldn't have gone into distress like she did poor wee girl :( anyway its done now ill be going in for natural again but ill be demanding the drugs this time. Tony probably does think he's being helpful but I honestly could ram his helpfulness where the sun doesn't shine sometimes :) x

I was told the epidural had prolonged everything but at that time all i wanted was some rest x

Girls I feel your fears! Though not as a bad experience I had three days no sleep and puking up and wetting myself any drink so felt so thirsty but everytime I be sick. I had penithine OMG how beautiful is that drug when you can't sleep through the pain. The only time got some zzz was in the bath. I had three baths one night. Luckily didn't need epidural but overdosed on air and gas, lol. Hubby told me to take it easy but midwife said use it when your pain. So I did all the time, I am literal minded! Luckily had an amazing midwife who was perfect with my disability. I had this awful midwife in the normal area prior to going into the labour ward until my husband said I was autisitic and she had a son that was. Then she was a lot more nicer to me and helped me. Dreading going into labour though not the actually 'labour' I enjoyed that bit but the slow bit at the begining. OMG the pain is immense and so fearful of having that belt around me. I know I shouldn't say this but on the ward there were 2 girls booked in for c-section and I was so jealous as they didn't have to go through the crap I was so emotional it sounded like a bloody whale inbetween wretching :p

Well done the IVF baby! I am not perfect so far put on 5lbs and only 6 wks pregnant (albeit Christmas was about!). I hate fruit tried eating melon and it tasted so funny. So pleased this time around that I have not gone off much food. Every pregnancy is different :)

I can't stomach salad either can just do vegetables cooked. I have put on 9lbs so think were all in the same boat st the moment.

labour for me was ok (ish) midwife horrible told me i wasn't in established labour and was generally patronizing because i said i was in a lot of pain and she asked how old i was then replied "see you are young?!?!" like that makes a difference....

When i finally got her to give me a pethadine, all the time she was telling me "well your not in established labour so it may stop your contractions" half hour later waters broke she checked me and i was 7cm wanted to shout up yours Mrs!! An hour later was pushing. But all in all wasn't bad apart from that midwife as got there at 4.30am had Molly for 7.49am xx

Yey I just managed some mixed baby leaves, cucumber and grated carrot with my SW quiche and mashed potato salad! Still hungry though!!

I am lucky so far i am only half a lb up and sooo scared of putting on that i will be staying with sw classes this pregnancy as with my last pregnancies i stopped going and just ate for the sake of it and not really enjoying it so this time my husband is watching over me like a guard lol, he wouldnt even let me have some of that delicious tiger bread he brought but i still had some secretly lol x

Hi.

Just having a browse through and wondered if I could ask a possibly very obvious stupid question-
Do you (can you?!?) actually loose weight when pregnant on SW or does the consultant estimate baby weight gain and know if you've lost/put on?
I ballooned with my son and lost my weight after with SW but scared to go that way again.

Very good info to know for future reference...!!

:)

I think it all depends on your start weight. If you are very heavy in the beginning than you shouldnt put on any weight if you eat healthy but if your near your ideal weight i think they say you can put on 2 stone or so but its all down to the individual. With my last pregnancy i was over 15stones and didnt put on any weight despite eating very badly but once i had my son i still couldnt control my eating and put on weight than. I was in a very bad place at that time so this time round i will be following sw and i know i may come off the wagon sometimes but that ok as long as i dont go mad lol. If i lose weight thats a bonus for me otherwise i would like to maintain x

Hello ladies!

My baby was full term yesterday! Whooop!

Finish work on Friday and it cannot come quick enough! The last 2 weeks I have been suffering from rib flare - OUCH! Can't lie down at all - and that is really the only position I want to be in at the minute! ha ha!
I'm fine when I am up and about walling though so can't complain! Baby feels absolutely huge now - there doesn't seem to be much room for manoeuvre
in there anyway! Very tight and still feels very high! That's fine though as I am so not ready for this baby to come early at all! We are only just getting the nursery furniture delivered on Monday and the pushchair doesn't come until Thursday and I haven't even packed my hospital bag yet! HA HA :D That is a definite job for this weekend!

SW not going so well! Trying.....but failing! I have put on 25lbs at 37 weeks so I am not to upset with myself! Infact if I'm totally hoest I'm really pleased with myself - could have been so much more!

Anyway ladies hope you are bumps are all well!

Here is me at 37 weeks preggo! :D (ignore crazy eyed pooch in background ha ha!)
mE 2.jpg

Hello ladies!

Finish work on Friday and it cannot come quick enough! The last 2 weeks I have been suffering from rib flare - OUCH! Can't lie down at all - and that is really the only position I want to be in at the minute! ha ha!
I'm fine when I am up and about walling though so can't complain! Baby feels absolutely huge now - there doesn't seem to be much room for manoeuvre
in there anyway! Very tight and still feels very high! That's fine though as I am so not ready for this baby to come early at all! We are only just getting the nursery furniture delivered on Monday and the pushchair doesn't come until Thursday and I haven't even packed my hospital bag yet! HA HA :D That is a definite job for this weekend!

SW not going so well! Trying.....but failing! I have put on 25lbs at 37 weeks so I am not to upset with myself! Infact if I'm totally hoest I'm really pleased with myself - could have been so much more!

Here is me at 37 weeks preggo! :D (ignore crazy eyed pooch in background ha ha!)
View attachment 74708

OMG look fab! I hope I look even half as good as that @ 37wks!!!

Hi girls, how is everyone??? All going well I hope!! X
Just waiting for baby to kick here but otherwise i have my appetite back and cant stop picking but still on sw so wishing for a loss this week. My back ache is getting worse, its not related to pregnancy but lack of vitamin d so need to go back to doc and ask him if i can take a higher dosage of vitamin d like before as that was the only thing that made the pain disappear x

Hello ladies!

View attachment 74708

Aww your bump looks so cute and small. Ouch i had rib flare in my 3rd trimester in my last pregnancy and i couldnt do anything some days because the pain was so bad! x

Woo I love bump pictures! Yours is so lovely - cant believe you are full term and still so small. Well done you :)

Here's me at 32 weeks :)

Attachments

• image-3219854397.jpg
    image-3219854397.jpg
    507 KB · Views: 90
Just waiting for baby to kick here but otherwise i have my appetite back and cant stop picking but still on sw so wishing for a loss this week. My back ache is getting worse, its not related to pregnancy but lack of vitamin d so need to go back to doc and ask him if i can take a higher dosage of vitamin d like before as that was the only thing that made the pain disappear x

Aw sorry your back hurts :( hopefully your gp get your pills sorted!!
I've gotten a fresh look at my eating this week so here's to sticking to it got rest of my pregnancy :) x

Back