Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thanks 4 hun, u'v made me feel better! Every body seems 2 ave assumed that cos I'm quite slim the bump wud show early but so far I'v only gained 2lb n aven't even had 2 move the hole my belt's buckled in. The less kind folk at work seem 2 ave decided I must b starvin myself since I don't look pregnant yet....

I agree with fiona....definitely jealous! I wish i have only put 2lb....by 10wks i had already gained 5lbs eeek! I dare not get on the scales. Been so bad, can't stomach fruit still and just been eating convenience foods. X

Today hasn't been a bad day for a normal eating day (not a sw obviously) for me. Had a Toby cavery breakfast at 10am...had one sausage, 1 bacon, egg, beans and hash brown and two toast....however haven't eaten since because was full (also had a day time nap with my daughter before her swimming lesson ;-) got to get my sleep in now when i can haha)

Tea tonight is jacket potato with tuna/mayo and salad x

Today hasn't been a bad day for a normal eating day (not a sw obviously) for me. Had a Toby cavery breakfast at 10am...had one sausage, 1 bacon, egg, beans and hash brown and two toast....however haven't eaten since because was full (also had a day time nap with my daughter before her swimming lesson ;-) got to get my sleep in now when i can haha)

Tea tonight is jacket potato with tuna/mayo and salad x

I quite often have a sleep with my two year old :) why not?? When new bub comes will sleep with both of them. Can you tell I'm a big lover of naps x

Yer both very wise in my humble opinion! lol! Get as much sleep as u can, whenever u can I say! :D
Well I had that m/wife app 2day n she didn't seem 2 think my lack of bump or small weight gain was anythin 2 b worried about, thankfully! Baby seems 2 b growin as normal n as 4 the heartbeat - well the student m/wife actually jumped when the poundin started! lol! The m/wife was just in the middle of explainin how it mite take her a while 2 pick up the heartbeat n how I shudn't worry if it sounded faint or anythin but she'd barely touched me with the mic thing when "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" So basically I feel much better now! :)

I dread to think what i have put on but will be restarting sw on thursday properly from home as i dont find my c very motivating so will have to check my weight on thursday! I also look huge but i suppose thats expected as its baby number 4. Thankfully baby is starting to get a bit active but am on my second load of antibiotics for a uti that doesnt seem to want to shift. Also had some brown blood discharge a few days ago but was told to only come into hospital if i bleed again with 30 mins so as i didnt they didnt want me in!. I suppose i am lucky to be having my scan this week as i would have been so worried after the discharge so atleast i can see everything is ok.
I wish i could nap during the day but my daughters who dont nap during the day and my son who does but seems to always be awake when i want nap pokes me awake like today lol x

I dread to think what i have put on but will be restarting sw on thursday properly from home as i dont find my c very motivating so will have to check my weight on thursday! I also look huge but i suppose thats expected as its baby number 4. Thankfully baby is starting to get a bit active but am on my second load of antibiotics for a uti that doesnt seem to want to shift. Also had some brown blood discharge a few days ago but was told to only come into hospital if i bleed again with 30 mins so as i didnt they didnt want me in!. I suppose i am lucky to be having my scan this week as i would have been so worried after the discharge so atleast i can see everything is ok.
I wish i could nap during the day but my daughters who dont nap during the day and my son who does but seems to always be awake when i want nap pokes me awake like today lol x

U seem 2 b avin a ruff time of it hun! Hope all goes well wif the scan this week n that yer on the mend soon. I'v never went 2 a group so I don't kno any consultants but friends of mine ave been less than complimentary bout sum of thier's. On the flipside tho I'v heard of sum fantastic consultants out there 2! Seems 2 b the luck of the draw unfortunately. My WI is 2moro so I'm hopin I'l ave pretty much stayed the same or not gained TOO much since I'v ALMOST stuck 2 plan! lol! I only seem 2 manage a few days in row b4 messin up! lol! :D

Morning all, well ive gone completely off plan! Ive been trying to stick to the SW plan from home but my appetite is out of control its really worrying me as im only 5ft 3ins and weighing aroung 15 stone! i was 12.12 when i got pregnant, i do think xmas hasnt helped! but recently its getting worse, im half way through my pregnancy I have my 20 week scan tomorrow afternoon which we are super excited about! im obviously not worried about gaining baby weight but this over eating is a worry! help please i dont know what top do, i dont want to join a class and pay each week for gaining weight i really want to try and do it myself :(

Morning all, well ive gone completely off plan! Ive been trying to stick to the SW plan from home but my appetite is out of control its really worrying me as im only 5ft 3ins and weighing aroung 15 stone! i was 12.12 when i got pregnant, i do think xmas hasnt helped! but recently its getting worse, im half way through my pregnancy I have my 20 week scan tomorrow afternoon which we are super excited about! im obviously not worried about gaining baby weight but this over eating is a worry! help please i dont know what top do, i dont want to join a class and pay each week for gaining weight i really want to try and do it myself :(

Hi i could be writing this. I'm also 20 weeks and have my scan tomorrow afternoon too, super excited and have a feeling i know what i am having but just need it confirmed x

I am 5ft2 and weighed myself today as i am restarting sw again from home after a 3 week break and weighed in at 13st11.6lbs and at my lowest i was 12st8.8lbs. What is shocking is before i stopped doing sw 3 weeks ago i weighed 12st13.8lbs so i put on all the weight in 3 weeks! I used to go to class but i am not happy with my c and just feel like i am paying for nothing so i wont be going back to class now until after baby and find a new class after baby is born. For me the biggest hurdle is completing the first day 100% on sw, once i get over that first day i am fine until my next relapse lol. I also drink a lot of water which isnt ideal when your pregnant because i am always running to the toilet but it kinda stops me overeating and also eating protein rich foods helps me a lot. Also i motivate myself by going online and looking at clothes i would like to wear when i get to target and that helps me a bit and even though i am pregnant i would love to be either within or at target by this time next year so i have a bit of a goal and that motivates me along. All these things help me but may not help you so maybe you can sit down and write a list of things to help you not to overeat when you dont need to and that might help and also with going to group i felt i was overlooked as i was pregnant and just felt like a bystander so maybe if you dont want to go to group just choose a day and weigh in everyweek like you would at sw if that would keep you on track x
I know everything i have said is very easy to say but not so easy to so if you need anyone to chat to i am always around especially as we're due around the same time. But above all enjoy your pregnancy even if in the end it isnt sw friendly as you can always lose it after having baby x

U seem 2 b avin a ruff time of it hun! Hope all goes well wif the scan this week n that yer on the mend soon. I'v never went 2 a group so I don't kno any consultants but friends of mine ave been less than complimentary bout sum of thier's. On the flipside tho I'v heard of sum fantastic consultants out there 2! Seems 2 b the luck of the draw unfortunately. My WI is 2moro so I'm hopin I'l ave pretty much stayed the same or not gained TOO much since I'v ALMOST stuck 2 plan! lol! I only seem 2 manage a few days in row b4 messin up! lol! :D

My first c was excellent but this one is a lovely person but not a good c i feel like i am just wasting my money and being overlooked compared to the louder members so will definately have a break from going to a group and find a new group after baby is born. Goodluck for your weigh in today x

I have so far gained 1st3lbs so on the sw wagon now as i have gained most of that in the last 3 weeks!

Hi Safia
I have taken your advice and wrote a list of things that motivate me! So I went to asda bought some SW friendly foods and a SW magazine! I've found redding the success stories are motivating me! It's terrible really when I sit and think about it because I want my baby to have a good start in life not be a chunk because of what I've eaten through the pregnancy so fingers crossed if I manage to get through today as a full day I reckon in half way there! So far so good for my treat a day I've bought some solero Ice lollies they are only 5 syns where as I was scoffing down at least 2 chocolate I've lollies a day! Borrowing my mums treadmill too, getting this at the weekend so hopefully things will help too! I'm not going to over do it though just 20-30 mind a day at a comfortable walking pace!
Ooohhhweeeee let us know how your scan goes tomorrow good luck, I think I'm having a not just off what people have said but will get the sex confirmed tomorrow hopefully :)

Hi girls

Great to see your motivation wish some of it would rub off on me.... I was maintaining when i became pregnant. Weighted myself at 5 weeks pregnant at 10stone 5lbs (5ft 8in) and went on the scales at work fully clothed mind u (i am hoping that's why i would weigh this) but i am already 11stone 11lbs so a shocking 1stone 6lbs at 23 weeks... With my first i only gained just over 2stone at full term! Gutted!! I dont think the quantity i have eaten has been huge just the quality as i just struggle to eat all the things i usually loved on sw. For example today i have had....dont know whether i should reveal this lol 2 bags of hula hoops for breakfast (260kcal), a pre packed chicken and bacon pasta salad (550kcal) and tea tonight is battered fish (350kcal) sw chips (???kcal) and salad so approx 1160kcal but all crap calories

Wish i could motivate myself to eat better, prepare my sw foods etc :-(

I'm the same - I have zero motivation for eating healthily. I cut out chocolate from last week as I was scoffing it all day & skipping meals, so at least that's helping. 39 weeks tomorrow and put on 3st :( depressing! x

What is a sweep? This is my first pregnancy so it's all new to me! Gaining weight isn't I've been on ever diet under the sun since in my teens, tut tut! I'm a foodaholic ;)

What is a sweep? This is my first pregnancy so it's all new to me! Gaining weight isn't I've been on ever diet under the sun since in my teens, tut tut! I'm a foodaholic ;)

Don't worry - I'm a first timer too so it's all new to me:
"A 'membrane sweep' involves having a vaginal (internal) examination that stimulates the cervix (neck of your womb) to produce hormones that may trigger natural labour" from the NHS direct website.

Lovely... I was only going for my 39 week appointment so wasn't expecting it at all!

Ohhh I see! I've read about them :) I can't wait for my scan tomorrow! I know loads of ladies due in July it's so exciting I just hope everything is ok because I suffer with an acidic stomach I'm not sure if Ive felt the baby move or not but I will find out tomorrow I suppose! Scary and exciting, times like this I would turn to food but nope I've managed a full day on plan so here's hoping for another full day! Just going to take it a day at a time :)

Back