Pregnancy and Slimming World

Allimack, is that pregnancy workout a dvd? If so i will be ordering that myself! Im just walking when i can at the moment, although i have been shattered in the evenings (which I've now found out is typical of first trimester twins!).
Early mornings are ok though!

Can i just ask - are people having their second healthy extras as part of main meals or snacks? Just curious what people are eating. I have no illusions that i will gain weight but as im overweight to start the midwife will probably not mind me trying not to gain too much. !!

How long have people been able to maintain on SW? At what point does it really start piling on?
I reckon I've put half a stone on my boobs alone in recent weeks ;-/ and i was ample enough to begin with. Off to get measured later (yikes)

Hey,
I have my hex b for breakfast either toast or cereal and I'm big hot drinks lover so have 2xmilk :) thankfully when I deliver and start breast feeding I get another of each h ex so 6 in total
I have been a really bad girl up until couple weeks ago when hubby got diagnosed diabetic and it gave a short sharp shock but even still I've only gained 2 stone and I'm 36+2 so it could be worse with my daughter if already gained 4 stone by this point!!!!! Eeep.
I think the tiredness in first trimester is crazy whether you have one or 5 babies in there lol some days I could barely stand!!
As far as good eating goes been eating usual for meals spag Bol chilli SW burgers etc and in between those mini easy peel oranges banana and muller. For syns I've been eating butterkist light toffee popcorn which is 5.5 syns a bag and a hot chocolate for 2 then use the rest on mayo honey etc during the day :) x

Allimack, is that pregnancy workout a dvd? If so i will be ordering that myself! Im just walking when i can at the moment, although i have been shattered in the evenings (which I've now found out is typical of first trimester twins!).
Early mornings are ok though!

Can i just ask - are people having their second healthy extras as part of main meals or snacks? Just curious what people are eating. I have no illusions that i will gain weight but as im overweight to start the midwife will probably not mind me trying not to gain too much. !!

How long have people been able to maintain on SW? At what point does it really start piling on?
I reckon I've put half a stone on my boobs alone in recent weeks ;-/ and i was ample enough to begin with. Off to get measured later (yikes)

Yeah it's a dvd n I got it off Amazon. There's loads of prenatal pilates dvds out there 2 so I'm sure u'd find sumthin suitable if u were interested in that as well. Just b careful tho as alot of prenatal workouts seem 2 ave cautions bout multilpe babies on them. A
s 4 yer healthy xtra question I personally find it quite hard 2 fit in the xtra's that we get 4 bein pregnant as I'm so used 2 plannin my menu round just avin 1 of each. I'v started tryin 2 ave 2 Alpen light bars as snacks durin the day n evenin but I'm not always sucessful! lol! I can also sympathise with yer boob issue! I'm normally really flat chested but my ever increasin knockers must account 4 most if not all of the weight I'v gained so far! lol!:D

Urrghh been off plan since thursday in prep for eating yummy easter eggs and havent even managed one thanks to the sickness bug going around! Feel awful and so far only one of my daughters have caught it, hope my other daughter and son dont catch it from me and as for my husband he always escapes getting any bugs! x

Thanks for tips on HE'S. Think the alien bars may be the way to go.
Ah, that's not good Safia. And just when you had Easter eggs!!
I went to mothercare today to be measured. OMG! It makes such a difference to be wearing something that fits. Its hardly a racey number, bit grannyish, but god utility does the job. I bought 4 in the end.
I also got a few sleep bras, like those jml seamless ones they sell in boots, again they are so comfy (im writing this at 4.20 am - can't sleep because of a bunged up nose. Does this pass?
Got a midwife appointment later today - dreading the weigh-in!!!

Urrghh been off plan since thursday in prep for eating yummy easter eggs and havent even managed one thanks to the sickness bug going around! Feel awful and so far only one of my daughters have caught it, hope my other daughter and son dont catch it from me and as for my husband he always escapes getting any bugs! x
I had sick bug, absolutely terrible. Hope you feel better soon x

Heya guys! Been reading some of the posts after searching diets I can follow during pregnancy and thought I'd join up and say hi! I'm currently 8+4 and almost 17st! Need to control my gain so joining slimming world tomorrow but not going to tell them I'm pregnant yet as I won't be seeing my midwife for over a week and really want to get started! Good luck to you all! Xxx

Hi all :)
Thanks for the tips Allimack :) I'll add them in but remember to be good. It's been my eldest girls birthday today so we had a blow out breakfast at a restaurant / hotel and have had cake tonight, so not good! lol feel so stuffed it's untrue. Did do lots of walking and no nap today though.

I've had a think about gyms and am going to join the local leisure centre - to stop me doing free weights and allow my membership to extend to the whole family (it's the same price I've been paying but includes the household). There is a pilates class so may give that a go.. never done it before. Will see who the instructor is as I know a couple who work from there. :)

I've had awful back ache the last few days, really bad yesterday but todays walking seems to have really helped so think it's inactivity - even hubby agreed I need to get back in the gym!

Got my first Midwife appointment on the 22nd too. :) feeling a bit more 'real' now! :party0011:
:fingerscrossed: all is ok though.

Heya guys! Been reading some of the posts after searching diets I can follow during pregnancy and thought I'd join up and say hi! I'm currently 8+4 and almost 17st! Need to control my gain so joining slimming world tomorrow but not going to tell them I'm pregnant yet as I won't be seeing my midwife for over a week and really want to get started! Good luck to you all! Xxx

I would recommend saying to your sw leader as I think they give u info related to pregnancy and also give u a form the midwife has to complete. I told my consultant I'm pregnant about 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the info. I'm a target member tho so that makes a difference too.

Thanks lauralee :) I was planning on telling the consultant next week after I'd been to see the midwife just in case she says no so I'll already have the books to follow the plan at home :) I know most of them encourage sw if you're big but some can be difficult...

sorry 2 hear yer feelin rotten hun, hope it doesn't last 2 long!
I'v been off plan since Fri n ave eaten horrific amounts of really bad food! I feel like such a bloater!!! I'm dreadin WI 2moro mornin. I was back at work after the Easter hols 2day so back on plan n so far I'v only had 1.5 syns!!! Gona try 2 b as low syn as poss if not syn-free everyday 4 the next week at least 2 try 2 compensate 4 the last few days gluttony!!! Wish me luck! lol!

Thanks for tips on HE'S. Think the alien bars may be the way to go.
Ah, that's not good Safia. And just when you had Easter eggs!!
I went to mothercare today to be measured. OMG! It makes such a difference to be wearing something that fits. Its hardly a racey number, bit grannyish, but god utility does the job. I bought 4 in the end.
I also got a few sleep bras, like those jml seamless ones they sell in boots, again they are so comfy (im writing this at 4.20 am - can't sleep because of a bunged up nose. Does this pass?
Got a midwife appointment later today - dreading the weigh-in!!!

Oh I got those bras 2 n wear them all the time now - totally fab n dead comfy!! Also love the fact that they'r dead stretchy so hopefully shud last thru my pregnancy! :D

Hi all :)
Thanks for the tips Allimack :) I'll add them in but remember to be good. It's been my eldest girls birthday today so we had a blow out breakfast at a restaurant / hotel and have had cake tonight, so not good! lol feel so stuffed it's untrue. Did do lots of walking and no nap today though.

I've had a think about gyms and am going to join the local leisure centre - to stop me doing free weights and allow my membership to extend to the whole family (it's the same price I've been paying but includes the household). There is a pilates class so may give that a go.. never done it before. Will see who the instructor is as I know a couple who work from there. :)

I've had awful back ache the last few days, really bad yesterday but todays walking seems to have really helped so think it's inactivity - even hubby agreed I need to get back in the gym!

Got my first Midwife appointment on the 22nd too. :) feeling a bit more 'real' now! :party0011:
:fingerscrossed: all is ok though.

I'd def recommend the pilates hun! Admittedly I was a pilates freak b4 I got pregnant 2 but I love it even more now! lol!
Good luck at the midwife's, I'm sure everythin will b fine x

sorry 2 hear yer feelin rotten hun, hope it doesn't last 2 long!
I'v been off plan since Fri n ave eaten horrific amounts of really bad food! I feel like such a bloater!!! I'm dreadin WI 2moro mornin. I was back at work after the Easter hols 2day so back on plan n so far I'v only had 1.5 syns!!! Gona try 2 b as low syn as poss if not syn-free everyday 4 the next week at least 2 try 2 compensate 4 the last few days gluttony!!! Wish me luck! lol!
Still feel horrible and my daughter seems to be suffering from another episode so will give it another day before i take her to the docs. I havent been on plan because whenever i am ill the food i eat while i am ill is the food that kinda reminds of being ill so cant eat it after just hope all my fruit doesnt rot before i get better! x

I got a early scan on Monday and next Friday my first midwife appointment, can't wait to get my green notes!
Aww its so wonderful seeing baby bouncing about at early scans, i still remember my surprise scan at 10 weeks to see her bopping around! x Is your nausea and sickness better now x

I would recommend saying to your sw leader as I think they give u info related to pregnancy and also give u a form the midwife has to complete. I told my consultant I'm pregnant about 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting for the info. I'm a target member tho so that makes a difference too.

Thanks lauralee :) I was planning on telling the consultant next week after I'd been to see the midwife just in case she says no so I'll already have the books to follow the plan at home :) I know most of them encourage sw if you're big but some can be difficult...
The 2 consultants i have had so far this pregnancy have been rubbish, no forms for midwife to sign even though one of them mentioned it but just kept forgetting to bring it in and no info on sw and pregnancy even though i know they are meant to give it, everything i know about sw and pregnancy is through this forum, just makes me wonder why i am paying to go sometimes x

The 2 consultants i have had so far this pregnancy have been rubbish, no forms for midwife to sign even though one of them mentioned it but just kept forgetting to bring it in and no info on sw and pregnancy even though i know they are meant to give it, everything i know about sw and pregnancy is through this forum, just makes me wonder why i am paying to go sometimes x

That's rubbish! Are they happy for you to carry on attending without the form from the midwife? I'm so worried that even though I'm very overweight the midwife won't let me do this :( x

That's rubbish! Are they happy for you to carry on attending without the form from the midwife? I'm so worried that even though I'm very overweight the midwife won't let me do this :( x

They dont seem to care but when they do want it signed for by midwife i will but they are so disorganised so i doubt they will even have the forms on them. I told my midwife about sw in my booking appointment and she was happy for me to carry on and sign the consent form when i got it. Most midwifes are usually ok with doing sw during pregnancy x

They dont seem to care but when they do want it signed for by midwife i will but they are so disorganised so i doubt they will even have the forms on them. I told my midwife about sw in my booking appointment and she was happy for me to carry on and sign the consent form when i got it. Most midwifes are usually ok with doing sw during pregnancy x

That's good then :) I have my booking appointment next Thursday so I'll see what she says and just carry on with sw in the meantime. Are you having any extra healthy extras? Some people do and others don't from what I've read here so just wondered... X

What can I do or take to help with this dead leg syndrome I seem to get when in bed!!!! I've tried pillows, eating bananas but still have restless, heavy legs! It's driving me insane and effecting my sleep big time! Boo

Back