Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi girls - I've not been on here in a couple of weeks (been on the naughty step). Im now 16wks into my twin pregnancy and after staying on plan and only gaining 2lbs in the first trimester I've eaten rubbish for a few weeks and packed on another 7lbs!
Have frightened myself with this gain to get me back on plan. Im not going back to class though - getting a bit narked about paying for someone to tell me I've put on weight! My consultant doesn't really know much about the preggers plan and as they won't say anything negative about a gain don't really feel its much of an incentive. Think a self kick up the @rse is more effective. Anyway after 20wks I'll be seen every 2 weeks by either community or hospital midwife who can weigh me then.
Looking for a 100% day today.
How's everyone else doing?

Rach

Welcome back! :)

I think yer doin really well 2 ave only gained 9lbs at 16wks wif twins by the way! :D

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I feel like I know you all as I have been lurking and reading all your posts for a while. I am 11weeks preggo and have not said hi before as this is my 3rd pregnancy and have suffered two miscarriages before. Fingers crossed this one is sticky! So far I am a pound lighter than when I found out and trying my hardest to stick to plan! Looking forward to chatting with you all

Kez x

Hi there, congrats on yer pregnancy n welcome 2 the gang! :)

Hiya girls, I've been following this thread for a while now and really enjoyed reading it. I'm 10 weeks today and I was at target weight with ww, I've put on about 2lb since I got my bfp. This is my third baby and I've a quick question as I know I'm intruding on a slimming world thread, sorry!!

My question is for the moms either pregnant with their third or fourth. I'm at my slimist with this pregnancy (a size 12 @ 5ft 8) and I am huge. My bump is showing already. With my last 2 I didn't show till well into 4months. I was bloated but that seems to have subsided and now I can't hide I'm pregnant. Did anyone else show this soon??

Sorry again for intruding!

Laura x:thankyou:

Hiya and congratulations on your pregnancy x
This is my 4th pregnancy and in this pregnancy and my last one i started showing a lot sooner and my bump was a lot bigger too x

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I feel like I know you all as I have been lurking and reading all your posts for a while. I am 11weeks preggo and have not said hi before as this is my 3rd pregnancy and have suffered two miscarriages before. Fingers crossed this one is sticky! So far I am a pound lighter than when I found out and trying my hardest to stick to plan! Looking forward to chatting with you all

Kez x

Hiya and congratulations on your pregnancy x

:(went to my scan today and placenta has moved up but baby growth has gone from average to below average!

Hi Safia

Did they give any indication why? What are the docs thinking it could be?

How are you now? Must have been a shock.

Hi Safia

Did they give any indication why? What are the docs thinking it could be?

How are you now? Must have been a shock.
My last 3 children have been on the smaller size (5lbs12, 6lbs12, 6lbs9) but this one has worried me as with my last pregnancies their growth was below average from the beginning and went up a tiny bit before they were born but this time round the opposite has happened. The sonographer didint indicate why she was small but maybe its my weight because some larger women have big babies and some smaller than average and i have also been told some asian babys tend to be on the smaller size. Have a midwifes appointment and was told to point it out to her and that is she had any worries to refer me back to be scanned but i tend to measure big so dont know how she will know if baby is growing properly so will have to ask midwife that tomorrow. I am a bit worried now but still trying to stay positive as all my babys have been small so most likely she will be too and that matters is she is healthy x

:(went to my scan today and placenta has moved up but baby growth has gone from average to below average!

hey hun, I can sympathise cos my m'wife said I was 5cms smaller than I shud b at my last app n she was talkin bout referin me 4 growth scans. I'l not kno til my next app which isn't til 4th June if she considers it 2 b wat she called "an actual problem - wat the hell is that sposed 2 mea !?!?

So wat's the plan wif u then? Do they just monitor u more or how does it work? x

Midwife will be measuring me but my belly is big so i measure big but baby is small so not sure how she will figure out how real size. Most likely i will be referred for another scan to check her growth. I really hate all this, this is what happened in my last pregnancy, all scans and monitoring and in the end they said i had low fluid and they did nothing about it. When i went into labour with my son my waters didnt break because there was non left! They just like to panic people and do nothing:( Will find out more tomorrow when i see my midwife, just hope its my normal one x

Hope everything goes well Safia xo

I've never been measured in pregnancy. My docs scan for a heartbeat & if they see a flutter then off you go. I'm supposed to be consultant led but never see them either. I don't mind being left alone but would prefer more regular check ups - once a month would be great!

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Midwife will be measuring me but my belly is big so i measure big but baby is small so not sure how she will figure out how real size. Most likely i will be referred for another scan to check her growth. I really hate all this, this is what happened in my last pregnancy, all scans and monitoring and in the end they said i had low fluid and they did nothing about it. When i went into labour with my son my waters didnt break because there was non left! They just like to panic people and do nothing:( Will find out more tomorrow when i see my midwife, just hope its my normal one x

Well fingers x'd 4 u 2moro then hun, b sure 2 let us all kno how u get on. We'l b thinkin of u xx

Hope everything goes well Safia xo

I've never been measured in pregnancy. My docs scan for a heartbeat & if they see a flutter then off you go. I'm supposed to be consultant led but never see them either. I don't mind being left alone but would prefer more regular check ups - once a month would be great!

I wasnt going to have a growth scan this pregnancy but this scan was to make sure that my placenta had moved up as it was low in my 20 week scan and after checking placenta she decided to check fluid which was normal and than growth, Mmm the more check ups i have the more they find wrong and do nothing about but hey atleast i dont have long to go now x

As long as she is moving i know she's ok but whenever i get news like this it just panics me, i will be ok tomorrow x
On a funny note my 4 year old daughter was poking my tummy and asking me are you sure she's coming out of your belly button, lol i think she is figuring out that its impossible x

As long as she is moving i know she's ok but whenever i get news like this it just panics me, i will be ok tomorrow x
On a funny note my 4 year old daughter was poking my tummy and asking me are you sure she's coming out of your belly button, lol i think she is figuring out that its impossible x

Aww how cute. My 4 year old knows its coming out via my scar :)

Back