Pregnancy and Slimming World

As long as she is moving i know she's ok but whenever i get news like this it just panics me, i will be ok tomorrow x
On a funny note my 4 year old daughter was poking my tummy and asking me are you sure she's coming out of your belly button, lol i think she is figuring out that its impossible x

Glad your feeling a bit better :) love kids logic!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself. I feel like I know you all as I have been lurking and reading all your posts for a while. I am 11weeks preggo and have not said hi before as this is my 3rd pregnancy and have suffered two miscarriages before. Fingers crossed this one is sticky! So far I am a pound lighter than when I found out and trying my hardest to stick to plan! Looking forward to chatting with you all

Kez x

Aw, congratulations Kez! Fingers crossed for a sticky little bean for you <3 11 weeks, that's means we're about the same! When's your 12 week scan booked for, I have mine on Tuesday coming and I'm scared but getting a tiny bit excited now! xxx

As long as she is moving i know she's ok but whenever i get news like this it just panics me, i will be ok tomorrow x
On a funny note my 4 year old daughter was poking my tummy and asking me are you sure she's coming out of your belly button, lol i think she is figuring out that its impossible x

Aw, that's just mega cute! Was just reading back and glad to hear you're feeling better than you were the other day. Hope all is well for you and littley xxx

On a SW note - totally not on plan at the mo! Haven't been to SW for three weeks now, with all the stress of waiting for my scan plus other home stuff (one of my cats has been at the vets for a week and has just had an operation - he's my little bab and I've been a right mess!) I just couldn't cope with the pressure of SW too. Especially as no one there knows yet other than my consultant, I feel like such a fraud and a lier and finding it really hard to keep the truth from people at the mo so I'm best off not seeing anyone! I'm trying to not ditch everything about SW but I'm still starving hungry all the time and still getting nauseous when I don't eat so its difficult to stay on. Haven't really been exercising either other than my usual hour walk a day as tbh I'm scared of doing too much/doing it wrong. Plus my hips are starting to ache already which worries me...

My consultant is brill but has made it clear that she won't be pushing me to lose weight, the only person who can do that is my midwife. I think that's the standard SW line, i think they're pretty restricted on what they can say during pregnancy is the impression I get, in order to have the plan accredited. She said she just wants me to try to focus on basic healthy eating and if I lose or gain that's fine. I'm cool with that tbh, I personally don't need the extra pressure at the mo so more than happy to just keep trying to do SW, even if I don't do so well! As long as I don't gain the entire 5 stone 8 lbs I've lost back I'll be happy ;) Don't want to get too big though, at the moment I'm a comfortable size 18 but if I pile on too much I'll struggle buying maternity clothes as plus size maternity wear seems hard to come by!

Hope everyone is doing ok today! xxx

Aw, congratulations Kez! Fingers crossed for a sticky little bean for you <3 11 weeks, that's means we're about the same! When's your 12 week scan booked for, I have mine on Tuesday coming and I'm scared but getting a tiny bit excited now! xxx

Hi, I've got a 12 week appt on Wed - fingers crossed I will get another scan as I had a booking appt and scan at 9 weeks! I know those mixed emotions of being scared and excited! We have been trying for such a long time and then to have the 2 mc's all I can do is try and rest be kind to my body and hope! But it is starting to feel more real now. They found I had a clotting problem after my 2nd mc so I'm currently having to inject myself daily and take a baby aspirin - but if it helps I will do anything!

Hope your scan goes well - we will have to compare as we seem yo be so close

xx

Hi, I've got a 12 week appt on Wed - fingers crossed I will get another scan as I had a booking appt and scan at 9 weeks! I know those mixed emotions of being scared and excited! We have been trying for such a long time and then to have the 2 mc's all I can do is try and rest be kind to my body and hope! But it is starting to feel more real now. They found I had a clotting problem after my 2nd mc so I'm currently having to inject myself daily and take a baby aspirin - but if it helps I will do anything!

xx

Aw bless you, it must be so difficult after mc :( We were long term ttc and that was bad enough! Sounds like you're doing everything right - I guess we just have to trust our bodies to do it right but its hard to let go, eh? Will def have to compare notes! xxx

Gestural diabetes really is no fun! After pricking myself 7 times a day and watching what I ate my sugar is still too high! Doctor said as soon as the placenta is out this will go as it is the placenta that causes this is pregnancy! So now I'm on medication for 2 weeks and if that doesn't work I will have to start injecting insulin into myself!
Good news I only have about 6 weeks left as I am either being induced or having a c section early will know for sure tomorrow, as its my placenta check scan and growth scan! Arghhh scary stuff! Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Gestural diabetes really is no fun! After pricking myself 7 times a day and watching what I ate my sugar is still too high! Doctor said as soon as the placenta is out this will go as it is the placenta that causes this is pregnancy! So now I'm on medication for 2 weeks and if that doesn't work I will have to start injecting insulin into myself!
Good news I only have about 6 weeks left as I am either being induced or having a c section early will know for sure tomorrow, as its my placenta check scan and growth scan! Arghhh scary stuff! Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Keeping fingers crossed for you that you won't have to go to injections. Other than that, all well with you and baby?

Missy and CrazyK - best of luck with the scans next week. Can't wait to hear how you get on and make sure to post some pics? Very excited for you - hope you get good result and peace of mind afterwards ;)

I've done pretty well with plan since starting over on Tue. Went over a bit on Tue - about 5 syns so nothing to worry about. Yesterday as great and so far so good today. Dinner is ready at home - though cottage pie sounds very un-appealing right now to be honest and tomorrow is all planned. Still no symptoms but I'm trying to relax about that and not worry about the low beta hcg results. My only unusual thing is I am drinking lots of milk - I rarely drink milk. Lol.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

Good luck with the scans ladies & congrats to all the new babies in route.

I'm going to burst if I don't tell someone. I'm having my first ever gender scan on Sunday! My 3 immediate friends know but no family except my partner. I'm not telling them either cause they'll only bug the hell out of me.

I hope it goes well. I have to travel to it which is never good for me cause of my IBS but I'll just keep thinking of the scan. I just hope its clear & worth the money. There's a continental market in the city centre so I may go for a walk with OH before we return to get the kids. A friend is having them for me :)

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Good luck with the scans ladies & congrats to all the new babies in route.

I'm going to burst if I don't tell someone. I'm having my first ever gender scan on Sunday! My 3 immediate friends know but no family except my partner. I'm not telling them either cause they'll only bug the hell out of me.

I hope it goes well. I have to travel to it which is never good for me cause of my IBS but I'll just keep thinking of the scan. I just hope its clear & worth the money. There's a continental market in the city centre so I may go for a walk with OH before we return to get the kids. A friend is having them for me :)

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Oooooh that's fantastic mama-b. best of luck with it. Hope you get good clear pics.

When will you tell family?

Oooooh that's fantastic mama-b. best of luck with it. Hope you get good clear pics.

When will you tell family?

I'm not telling them about the gender scan. They'll see the normal 20 week scan photos but I'm keeping the whole gender thing a secret. My friends know I'm having the scan but I've made it clear they won't know the result. It'll be nice to have something to myself (and partner) :)

Keeping fingers crossed for you that you won't have to go to injections. Other than that, all well with you and baby?

Yeah me too! I really don't want to inject insulin but hey HO! Yeah little lady is doing fab wriggling like crazy seems happy enough practically spinning around on a regular basis,ha! I'm ok but my feet OMG they hurt so much just a walk around asda kills me now! But it's all good hopefully only about 6-7weeks left :)

How's everything going at your end?

Yeah me too! I really don't want to inject insulin but hey HO! Yeah little lady is doing fab wriggling like crazy seems happy enough practically spinning around on a regular basis,ha! I'm ok but my feet OMG they hurt so much just a walk around asda kills me now! But it's all good hopefully only about 6-7weeks left :)

How's everything going at your end?

Aw!!! I cannot wait for that stage :D

I'm good. Just trying to patiently wait for my next lot of beta hcg to see how things are going. Trying not to stress about it - what will be will be, and all that. Fingers crossed I have a healthy little sticky bean.

On a SW note - totally not on plan at the mo! Haven't been to SW for three weeks now, with all the stress of waiting for my scan plus other home stuff (one of my cats has been at the vets for a week and has just had an operation - he's my little bab and I've been a right mess!) I just couldn't cope with the pressure of SW too. Especially as no one there knows yet other than my consultant, I feel like such a fraud and a lier and finding it really hard to keep the truth from people at the mo so I'm best off not seeing anyone! I'm trying to not ditch everything about SW but I'm still starving hungry all the time and still getting nauseous when I don't eat so its difficult to stay on. Haven't really been exercising either other than my usual hour walk a day as tbh I'm scared of doing too much/doing it wrong. Plus my hips are starting to ache already which worries me...

My consultant is brill but has made it clear that she won't be pushing me to lose weight, the only person who can do that is my midwife. I think that's the standard SW line, i think they're pretty restricted on what they can say during pregnancy is the impression I get, in order to have the plan accredited. She said she just wants me to try to focus on basic healthy eating and if I lose or gain that's fine. I'm cool with that tbh, I personally don't need the extra pressure at the mo so more than happy to just keep trying to do SW, even if I don't do so well! As long as I don't gain the entire 5 stone 8 lbs I've lost back I'll be happy ;) Don't want to get too big though, at the moment I'm a comfortable size 18 but if I pile on too much I'll struggle buying maternity clothes as plus size maternity wear seems hard to come by!

Hope everyone is doing ok today! xxx

Don't worry about sw, you can always get back to it when you feel less stressed. Even if you gain weight doesnt matter because you have lost it once and you can do it again. If its any consolidation once baby gets bigger around third trimester you wont be able to eat as much as baby squashes everything x
This pregnancy i didnt buy any maternity clothes i just wore leggings and t shirts x

xx

I had a scan at 10 weeks and than again at 12 weeks. They should give you a scan again i think because there are certain things they can only measure around the 12 week mark like the downs syndrome measurements at the back of the neck they take x

Ohhhh so what does that mean? I've got mine tomorrow!!! I'm a tad bit scared!

Just means her growth has slowed down a bit. After yesterday i have calmed down and now thinking logically lol. All my babys have been small and healthy so she will most likely be the same. Also these growth scans are not always right so she could come out heavier or lighter and my midwife has calmed me down a lot too and basically said that some of the sonographers are good at making a fuss! She must be getting really big because i cant eat a lot without filling up quick and having to chuck half my food away!

Back