Pregnancy and Slimming World

Gestural diabetes really is no fun! After pricking myself 7 times a day and watching what I ate my sugar is still too high! Doctor said as soon as the placenta is out this will go as it is the placenta that causes this is pregnancy! So now I'm on medication for 2 weeks and if that doesn't work I will have to start injecting insulin into myself!
Good news I only have about 6 weeks left as I am either being induced or having a c section early will know for sure tomorrow, as its my placenta check scan and growth scan! Arghhh scary stuff! Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Aww hun even if it ends up with injections you dont have long to go and it will all disappear as you say after your beautiful daughter is born x

I'm not telling them about the gender scan. They'll see the normal 20 week scan photos but I'm keeping the whole gender thing a secret. My friends know I'm having the scan but I've made it clear they won't know the result. It'll be nice to have something to myself (and partner) :)
Aww how exciting and sounds a little mischievous too x Are you going to tell the children or is it a secret from them too, i know with my lot it would be all over town within the hour after i tell them lol x

Aw!!! I cannot wait for that stage :D

I'm good. Just trying to patiently wait for my next lot of beta hcg to see how things are going. Trying not to stress about it - what will be will be, and all that. Fingers crossed I have a healthy little sticky bean.
When are your next lot of beta hcg hun x

When are your next lot of beta hcg hun x

They are Monday. Should have results for Wednesday.

I hate not having symptoms. I do feel dog tired today though - hoping that's cos of healthy pregnancy and not just cos I have had a busy day in work and the anxiety about pregnancy. Lol.

They are Monday. Should have results for Wednesday.

I hate not having symptoms. I do feel dog tired today though - hoping that's cos of healthy pregnancy and not just cos I have had a busy day in work and the anxiety about pregnancy. Lol.

Tiredness is a good sign, also my symptoms apart from the boobies (they started hurting early because it was cold) didnt really show until around week 9 for me x

Aww how exciting and sounds a little mischievous too x Are you going to tell the children or is it a secret from them too, i know with my lot it would be all over town within the hour after i tell them lol x

I really wanted them to go to the scan as apparently hospital doesn't allow them in for 20 week one but my daughter would tell everyone. She keeps telling random strangers 'mommy has a baby in her tummy' so she certainly couldn't contain herself with knowing what it is,lol. I was tempted at one point not to tell the OH,lol.

Multi quote on my tab is options....select....(do this for each post)...then options, multi quote

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Lol girls are really chatty my 2 just like to speak to random people and some of the things they come out with lol x
I did once successfully multi quote but forgot how to do it will have to try it again next time x

Just means her growth has slowed down a bit. After yesterday i have calmed down and now thinking logically lol. All my babys have been small and healthy so she will most likely be the same. Also these growth scans are not always right so she could come out heavier or lighter and my midwife has calmed me down a lot too and basically said that some of the sonographers are good at making a fuss! She must be getting really big because i cant eat a lot without filling up quick and having to chuck half my food away!

Yeah I don't think they can guarantee the babies size at all! I was a size 14 when I got pregnant and had a belly on me, my midwife said its harder for them to distinguish the size when I have abit of extra padding! As long as you feel better about it now that's good!
Midwife told me today that my baby is breach but I have a few weeks left for her to turn so it's not a problem yet! But im the same as you I can't eat no where near as much as I could before, they've told me my baby is on par to what she should be! I just hope these tablets work I really don't want to inject insulin daily! :( but if its to be done then so be it :)

I had a scan at 10 weeks and than again at 12 weeks. They should give you a scan again i think because there are certain things they can only measure around the 12 week mark like the downs syndrome measurements at the back of the neck they take x

Thanks Safia

I really do hope I get to see bean again next week - think I might then be able to relax a bit more. Signs looking good so far - my two previous mc's both happened at 6 weeks - so I am praying bean is sticky!

How are you feeling now about baby's size - hope MW was able to give some reassurance x x

Yeah I don't think they can guarantee the babies size at all! I was a size 14 when I got pregnant and had a belly on me, my midwife said its harder for them to distinguish the size when I have abit of extra padding! As long as you feel better about it now that's good!
Midwife told me today that my baby is breach but I have a few weeks left for her to turn so it's not a problem yet! But im the same as you I can't eat no where near as much as I could before, they've told me my baby is on par to what she should be! I just hope these tablets work I really don't want to inject insulin daily! :( but if its to be done then so be it :)

Get on all 4's, i've heard that sometimes helps baby turn x
My baby is head down and have felt her go in and out of my pelvis a few time now ouch! X

Thanks Safia

I really do hope I get to see bean again next week - think I might then be able to relax a bit more. Signs looking good so far - my two previous mc's both happened at 6 weeks - so I am praying bean is sticky!

How are you feeling now about baby's size - hope MW was able to give some reassurance x x

Its a good sign you are near 12 weeks and after 12 weeks likelihood of a mc is greatly reduced so you can relax real soon and get to see baby at scan hopefully x
I've calmed down today and midwife reassured me a lot too. All my babies have been on the smaller size so she will most likely be small too. Mw told me they really worry when there is abnormal head growth and her head growth is normal and so is her leg growth x

Get on all 4's, i've heard that sometimes helps baby turn x
My baby is head down and have felt her go in and out of my pelvis a few time now ouch! X

Ohhhh ouch Indeed! I'll try that tonight and tomorrow see if she will turn before my scan! I'd really like a photo but they said they maybe not be able to do one! Did you get any from your 32wk scan? X

It might take a couple of days but its worth a try you never know x
No i have just the 2 scan pics, 12 and 20 weeks because i wanted to be fair to all my babys and with the last 3 i only had 2 for them. I think some of them will let you have a pic at 32 weeks but most dont because the pic wont be clear as baby is bigger, only the 3d and 4d scan ones are clear at this time i think x

Tiredness is a good sign, also my symptoms apart from the boobies (they started hurting early because it was cold) didnt really show until around week 9 for me x

Oh thanks safia - that has reassured me a bit. I just need to keep up the PMA.

Multi quote on my tab is options....select....(do this for each post)...then options, multi quote

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

I'm doing it off the iPhone app. Anyone else know how to multiquote that way?

It might take a couple of days but its worth a try you never know x
No i have just the 2 scan pics, 12 and 20 weeks because i wanted to be fair to all my babys and with the last 3 i only had 2 for them. I think some of them will let you have a pic at 32 weeks but most dont because the pic wont be clear as baby is bigger, only the 3d and 4d scan ones are clear at this time i think x

Yeah that's what I thought! You can only have the 3d ones upto 34 weeks and everywhere is fully booked I looked into on Monday! It's quite pricy too think it was £119 just fit photos! Anyway will see what's what tomorrow :) can't wait to see her again x

Back