Pregnancy and Slimming World

After my lovely day, it is unfortunately ending with the worst toothache ever! I think its coming from the tooth where I had a root canal which is a bit worrying... So so painful, I could cry and it keeps getting worse! Gonna try to get into dentists first thing tomorrow as I'm panicking about infections, I know they can cause big problems :/ xxx

After my lovely day, it is unfortunately ending with the worst toothache ever! I think its coming from the tooth where I had a root canal which is a bit worrying... So so painful, I could cry and it keeps getting worse! Gonna try to get into dentists first thing tomorrow as I'm panicking about infections, I know they can cause big problems :/ xxx
Aww will paracetomol not help for tonight until you get to the dentist tomorrow x

Aww will paracetomol not help for tonight until you get to the dentist tomorrow x

If we had any in I would! Might have to send husband to the shops at this rate...

Does anyone have any experience of bad teeth during pregnancy while we're on the subject? What they can do for you etc. I'm sure I've read that you can be more probe to dental problems and I remember when on of my friends was pregnant, 12 years ago now, she had massive trouble with her teeth and had to have thousands worth of treatment done after the baby arrived, her teeth just seemed to crumble!

I've green really careful to brush well and this pain had just come out of nowhere! Argh :/ xxx

If we had any in I would! Might have to send husband to the shops at this rate...

Does anyone have any experience of bad teeth during pregnancy while we're on the subject? What they can do for you etc. I'm sure I've read that you can be more probe to dental problems and I remember when on of my friends was pregnant, 12 years ago now, she had massive trouble with her teeth and had to have thousands worth of treatment done after the baby arrived, her teeth just seemed to crumble!

I've green really careful to brush well and this pain had just come out of nowhere! Argh :/ xxx

It does seem to be more common to get more dental probs in pregnancy, thats why i think we are given free dental treatment during and a year after baby is born. I had a few probs with decay during my first pregnancy and had some temp treatment during pregnancy and was completed after i had my daughter x

Iespecially about tge unknown but second time lot easie. Had 2 miscarriageshink I will have to accept that tbh, it's so bloody hard to deal with for someone like me with anxiety issues who can't handle uncertainly. If nothing else this pregnancy will hopefully teach me the virtue of patience ;)

We're telling the world, it's official! 4 days prior to 12 weeks ain't much so why not! And :):)here's a photo to prove it :)

I have really bad anxiety and don't like unknown. I am on meds as well but the second time is a lot less stressful as now I know what will happen. I have 2 miscarriages but what you got to remember past the 12 weeksl percentage is so smaller with complications. You just have to think positive as what can you do nothing, so have to , let things happen. But it be a lot easier once you start to feel baby moving

Hey guys, scan went great! Baby is 11+3 but looks healthy so all good! I guess the change in date is normal as this pushes my due date back 4 days, feel weird about telling people now though cos I'm less than 12 weeks? Dunno what to do as I'm desperate to tell the world! Will put a picture up later! xxx

Hey hun I'm really happy 2 hear yer scan went well! I understand how yer now worryin bout other aspects of pregnancy but please try 2 relax n take comfort in knowin everything's lookin good n yer both progressin well. I'm glad u'v decided 2 spread the good news as well, I'm sure u'l feel even better once u'v shouted it from the rooftops! lol! :D

Hope all ladies and bumps have had a good bank holiday wknd. Mine has been a bit too good ... Shocking food wise - i just thank the lord im not drinking as the damage would be much worse!!
I finally got round to doing my davina pregnancy workout dvd this morning (i bought it weeks ago but hadn't even opened the box). I was shamed into doing it seeing 2 pregnant woman running the Manchester 10k on Sunday. I've done virtually no exercise so far, just been so tired, when i used to run!! The dvd is great lots of stretching etc but some good leg, bum, arm toning which is gentle and manageable ... Will probably walking like im saddle sore tmro though.
Decided im going to have a few red days as I've eaten so much stodge this weekend - hoping it will help me feel less blubbery!!

Oh is Davina's dvd any good? I'm getting seriously fed up wif prenatal pilates! lol! I used 2 run pre-pregnancy as well n was such an exercise freak I'm findin avin 2 take it easier quite difficult. I usually do bout 40mins-1hr of pilates a day along wif a 30mins power walk at lunch time but still can't wait 2 get back 2 my pre-pregnancy exercise! :)

Glad the scan went well!

On the subject of due dates -I was last & felt all sad about having to wait but now there's already a good few due after me.Time flies by!

Teeth -I need one pulled but after research I've decided I'm not prepared to risk it so I'll wait until baby is here. Chances are they'll need to gas me to get it out anyway cause I'm such a wuss!

Weigh in tonight -half off (bloody miracle)!

Thats really good for a weigh in after 4 weeks x

Thank you safia. Was pleasantly surprised ;)

Now I have the munchies and am sitting in bed having a Nutella spread sandwich - on whole meal of course ;)

Wow after realising i am 3rd on the due date list i have actually written my hospital list, just need to go and buy everything now, will most likely start next week x

I must say I love the planning an prepping stage!! Anyone who know me would tell you I just love doing lists for events or occasions. Doing one for having the baby was one of my favourites - sad but true lol

Argh. That sounds pretty painful hon. Hope you manage some rest tonight - perhaps paracetamol, if you haven't already tried it? Hope dentist fixes you up in quick time. Not a nice ending to an otherwise fab day.

Oh is Davina's dvd any good? I'm getting seriously fed up wif prenatal pilates! lol! I used 2 run pre-pregnancy as well n was such an exercise freak I'm findin avin 2 take it easier quite difficult. I usually do bout 40mins-1hr of pilates a day along wif a 30mins power walk at lunch time but still can't wait 2 get back 2 my pre-pregnancy exercise! :)

Wow! Well done. Wish I was doing that pre-pregnancy let along during pregnancy. I'm not one of exercise admittedly. :(

Glad the scan went well!

On the subject of due dates -I was last & felt all sad about having to wait but now there's already a good few due after me.Time flies by!

Teeth -I need one pulled but after research I've decided I'm not prepared to risk it so I'll wait until baby is here. Chances are they'll need to gas me to get it out anyway cause I'm such a wuss!

Weigh in tonight -half off (bloody miracle)!

Well done on the loss :D

Right, that's me done for the evening. I'm back off to sleep - hopefully - as have a satisfied belly. It's only 1.49am but hae woken up half a dozen times already so on the last one decided to get something to eat and see if that helps me stay asleep.

I am an insomniac who got treatment last year in a sleep clinic in Dublin and since then have had great sleep. However since getting pregnant it's all out of whack again - hope it settles down soon. I used to be like this before when I did manage sleep so didn't actually notice any difference in my first pregnancy. Please tell me it settles down again? I miss sleeping a solid 6 hours and know once baby comes it will go out the window again.

Id say with your fitness level it would be too easy. A friend of mine who is a real fitness buff bought it and dismissed it and(the aerobics section doesn't really get you breathless) but she came back to it in the 3rd trimester and found it great then. Can always pause and double up on some of the toning exercises.
Its handy for me as i haunt done any real exercise in wks, also consultant advised me to not do much high impact exercise at all in a twin pregnancy (sorry to keep harping on - as if it makes me special... Think they are just more cautious).

Hey hun I'm really happy 2 hear yer scan went well! I understand how yer now worryin bout other aspects of pregnancy but please try 2 relax n take comfort in knowin everything's lookin good n yer both progressin well. I'm glad u'v decided 2 spread the good news as well, I'm sure u'l feel even better once u'v shouted it from the rooftops! lol! :D

I have really bad anxiety and don't like unknown. I am on meds as well but the second time is a lot less stressful as now I know what will happen. I have 2 miscarriages but what you got to remember past the 12 weeksl percentage is so smaller with complications. You just have to think positive as what can you do nothing, so have to , let things happen. But it be a lot easier once you start to feel baby moving

Thanks guys, it's hard to just relax but not got much choice eh! I think it was the suddenly being under 12 weeks thing that threw me, it's always like 12 weeks is the magic number and now I have three days to go again! I feel much better for telling people but a bit nervous that I've been too hasty. It's lovely how happy everyone is for us though, our friends knew we'd been trying for ages and we've had so many lovely comments <3 It's starting to feel a lot more real and exciting now - we even talked names last night (and discovered that there are hardly any names we both like haha!)

Now i just want my toothache to push off! Arggggh! xxx

It does seem to be more common to get more dental probs in pregnancy, thats why i think we are given free dental treatment during and a year after baby is born. I had a few probs with decay during my first pregnancy and had some temp treatment during pregnancy and was completed after i had my daughter x

I guess they give us free dental care for a reason! Might as well make use of it eh? ;) My teeth are pretty bad anyway (have had all sorts of trouble with my wisdom teeth which led to this root canal that I reckon is failing) so a bit concerned that I'll end up needing a tonne of work! xxx

Back