Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hey ladies, I'm lookin 4 a bit of advice pls.... I'v been in slow early labour 4 the last few days n altho my "pains" r getting stronger n more frequent they aven't really settled in2 a pattern that I can time as such yet - anything u can suggest 2 speed this up wud b SOOOOO appreciated!! I'm just getting totally fed up now :(

Hey ladies, I'm lookin 4 a bit of advice pls.... I'v been in slow early labour 4 the last few days n altho my "pains" r getting stronger n more frequent they aven't really settled in2 a pattern that I can time as such yet - anything u can suggest 2 speed this up wud b SOOOOO appreciated!! I'm just getting totally fed up now :(

Loads of walks to put pressure down there, housework, i also read somewhere walking up and down stairs help. With this baby i had done a lot of cleaning round the house the day before she came and my third my son it was the mad walk to my daughters nursery that set me off. Unfortunately with first babies (i remember mines well!) it takes time for everything to establish because our bodies are not used to it but atleast it has started. Try and rest up and sleep when you can hun, it will help you when you get into established labour x

Also some women say nipple stimulation works for them x

Skipping, sex and that's about it. Sleep when you can. You'll have a quick labour after this warm up. Good luck Hun.

Hi Ladies.. Mind if I join?? Am 12 weeks pregnant (as of yesterday) and would love advice/tips on foods n recipes that are good for baby and for my weight loss... My story up to now is.... I lost 2 stone over 2 years on WW... Losses stopped n I'd been maintaining altho trying to lose for a good 6 months before joining SW in Jan this year.. Lost about 7lbs then n had a mis-hap in my house with led to me maintaining again as I've had no proper kitchen so cooking meals was done on a 2 ring camping cooker...
Started on Clomid in April n had a rapid appetite increase so gained a couple of pounds n then in June on my second cycle on Clomid I got my BFP :) The plan was to follow SW the whole way thru but thru nausea I lost my appetiate a good bit so tried to make sensible choices but wasn't eating full meals for a while...
Appetite's back.. Nausea n sickness is gone and I'm ready to get back on plan.. Am down 2.2lb since discovering I was pregnant n as much I understand I may not drop numbers on the scales I'd love to stick at this weight or at least keep any gains to a minimum...

Hi Ladies.. Mind if I join?? Am 12 weeks pregnant (as of yesterday) and would love advice/tips on foods n recipes that are good for baby and for my weight loss... My story up to now is.... I lost 2 stone over 2 years on WW... Losses stopped n I'd been maintaining altho trying to lose for a good 6 months before joining SW in Jan this year.. Lost about 7lbs then n had a mis-hap in my house with led to me maintaining again as I've had no proper kitchen so cooking meals was done on a 2 ring camping cooker...
Started on Clomid in April n had a rapid appetite increase so gained a couple of pounds n then in June on my second cycle on Clomid I got my BFP :) The plan was to follow SW the whole way thru but thru nausea I lost my appetiate a good bit so tried to make sensible choices but wasn't eating full meals for a while...
Appetite's back.. Nausea n sickness is gone and I'm ready to get back on plan.. Am down 2.2lb since discovering I was pregnant n as much I understand I may not drop numbers on the scales I'd love to stick at this weight or at least keep any gains to a minimum...

Welcome 2 the gang n congrats on yer pregnancy! Well done 4 getting back on plan. I'v been very lucky not 2 ave had any sickness, nausea or anything during my pregnancy so I was able 2 pretty much stay on plan throughout, altho I ave taken a more "relaxed" approach n allowed myself more treats etc. Luckily enuf I'v only gained 1.75st n I'm due any day! :D

Welcome 2 the gang n congrats on yer pregnancy! Well done 4 getting back on plan. I'v been very lucky not 2 ave had any sickness, nausea or anything during my pregnancy so I was able 2 pretty much stay on plan throughout, altho I ave taken a more "relaxed" approach n allowed myself more treats etc. Luckily enuf I'v only gained 1.75st n I'm due any day! :D

Hiya.. N thanks for the welcome :)
WOW.. Congratz on yer BFP and oOOOOoooohhhh.. You must be so excited... Is this your first baby? Do you know what you're having?
TBH I say I'm "on plan".. But am a little relaxed with it too.. As in, some days i'm too bloated come tea time so I won't have a "big" dinner.. So might have an extra snack but keeping it slimming world friend.. So really am following the sw principle, but not really having 3 meals, 3 snacks as such...
Well done on such a small gain... Can't have been easy...

I've been very lucky too as regards MS etc.. The "worst" of mine last about 2 weeks and meant me being sick once a day, usually in the morning, n then fine for the rest of the day... Some days I was nauseous but it just meant a smaller meal than usual n wasn't too bad.. So glad to have found someone to have little or no symptoms too and be so far along with a nice healthy pregnancy.. Was freaking out the other day thinking something has to be wrong for me to feel so normal...

Yeah this is my 1st n altho I don't officially kno wat I'm avin I'm 99% sure it's a boy! Lol!
I felt a bit odd not avin of the "normal" pregnancy stuff either espec since the wife of a work colleague has been pregnant at the same (she had her baby yesterday!) n she had a totally rotten time of it, actually bein hospitalised at 1 point cos she was so sick! As 4 stayin on plan I actually didn't find it THAT hard as I'd been maintaining 4 almost 4yrs when I became pregnant so I was well in2 the routine of SW eatin n it's pretty much 2nd nature by now. I ave been allowin myself treats that I normally wudn't ave such as toasted pancakes 4 supper or a nice wheaten scone wif butter n jam (ooohhhh yummy! lol!). Also when I started SW I became a bit of a fitness freak n I'v been able 2 keep up my exercise during the pregnancy which is bound 2 ave helped keep the weight gain under control 2. I had 2 give up running but still do at least 30mins of pilates everyday, altho now it's prenatal workouts of course. I must confess I even kept horse riding til I was 30wks gone - much 2 my midwife's disgust! :D

Yeah this is my 1st n altho I don't officially kno wat I'm avin I'm 99% sure it's a boy! Lol!
I felt a bit odd not avin of the "normal" pregnancy stuff either espec since the wife of a work colleague has been pregnant at the same (she had her baby yesterday!) n she had a totally rotten time of it, actually bein hospitalised at 1 point cos she was so sick! As 4 stayin on plan I actually didn't find it THAT hard as I'd been maintaining 4 almost 4yrs when I became pregnant so I was well in2 the routine of SW eatin n it's pretty much 2nd nature by now. I ave been allowin myself treats that I normally wudn't ave such as toasted pancakes 4 supper or a nice wheaten scone wif butter n jam (ooohhhh yummy! lol!). Also when I started SW I became a bit of a fitness freak n I'v been able 2 keep up my exercise during the pregnancy which is bound 2 ave helped keep the weight gain under control 2. I had 2 give up running but still do at least 30mins of pilates everyday, altho now it's prenatal workouts of course. I must confess I even kept horse riding til I was 30wks gone - much 2 my midwife's disgust! :D

Wow.. So many well done's there.. First the maintaining for so long.. That's a massive achievement.. The exercise puts me to shame as with very little sickness n no bump so no excuse I've done nothing!!!
I really need to get my finger out n do something.. Must order some pregnancy fitness DVD's online.. And then actually use them!! lol
Yea my BF is pregnant now too.. 3 weeks ahead of me and she's been sick the whole way thru so far.. She was quite bad with her first too n a few ppl I chat to on here that are in n around the same as me have had quite bad sickness so was convinced something was wrong.. Altho i've had zero issues so far with bleeding/spotting etc so no reason to worry as such... Just my mind working overtime...

If yer interested in pregnancy exercise DVDs I can recommend 10min Solutions Prenatal Pilates. I got it off Amazon n it was only bout a fiver. Basically it's 5 x 10min workouts that u can mix n match 2 suit how much time u ave available etc. I'm a bit of a pilates addict anyway but it's gr8 4 pregnancy even if yer not generally in2 exercise. Yoga is also gr8 2 as I'm sure yer midwife will tell u. It also has a bonus 10min post-natal ab workout but obviously I aven't got 2 try that bit yet! lol! :D

Hi all

Hope your all well - I'm going to give aqua natal a go for the first time later!

Oh that sounds intriguing! B sure 2 let us kno how u get on. I'v been pounding the pavements in the hope of spurring on my labour. 6mls I'v walked 2day in addition 2 my usual 30mins of pilates AND I'v been doing supposed labour inducing exercises off YouTube as well, mostly squats in fairness but still no joy! :eek:

Hi all

Hope your all well - I'm going to give aqua natal a go for the first time later!
Ooh sounds good. Will b interested to hear how that goes
Oh that sounds intriguing! B sure 2 let us kno how u get on. I'v been pounding the pavements in the hope of spurring on my labour. 6mls I'v walked 2day in addition 2 my usual 30mins of pilates AND I'v been doing supposed labour inducing exercises off YouTube as well, mostly squats in fairness but still no joy! :eek:
Unfortunately it's common to go over on yer first :( Sorry. Kno it's not what ya wana hear....
Don't b walking too far from home. It might work!! Ya don't wana b miles from home if it does.....
Sounds good. Will look into it later when on laptop. Thanks :)

Hi!

Would really recommend aqua natal - I have not done any exercise since finding out I was pg which I have found really difficult as I was a Zumba addict! I stopped due to previous mc's! It was so good being in the pool exercising to music, stretching and doing something esp aimed at pg and taking into account your bump!

I'm soooo tired now though lol - good night all xx

Hi!

Would really recommend aqua natal - I have not done any exercise since finding out I was pg which I have found really difficult as I was a Zumba addict! I stopped due to previous mc's! It was so good being in the pool exercising to music, stretching and doing something esp aimed at pg and taking into account your bump!

I'm soooo tired now though lol - good night all xx

Sounds gr8, glad 2 ehar u'd a good time! :)

Hi everyone, I'm Sophie and I've just found out I'm expecting. I have a 15 month old little boy, i gained 3 stone but lost 2 stone with sw after he was born. I rejoined a couple of weeks ago but since finding out on Saturday I've been completely off plan and have really bad nausea at the moment (I didn't have any sickness with Finlay). Going to class tonight and hoping to try and get back on track. I have about 4 stone still to lose so don't really want to gain a lot during this pregnancy.

Hi everyone, I'm Sophie and I've just found out I'm expecting. I have a 15 month old little boy, i gained 3 stone but lost 2 stone with sw after he was born. I rejoined a couple of weeks ago but since finding out on Saturday I've been completely off plan and have really bad nausea at the moment (I didn't have any sickness with Finlay). Going to class tonight and hoping to try and get back on track. I have about 4 stone still to lose so don't really want to gain a lot during this pregnancy.

Hello n welcome 2 the gang! I'd been mantainin 4 almost 4yrs when I became pregnant n ave manged 2 stay pretty much mostly on plan thru my pregnancy. This is my 1st baby n I'v been lucky enuf 2 ave gained just over 1.5st, I'm due on Sat! :eek:

Back