Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi CrazyKaz.. Glad you'd a good time at it.. Will defo look into classes like that near me.. I know there normal aqua aerobics but one specific to pregnancy wud be great..

Congrats on yer BFP Sohpie.. Happy n Healthy 9 months to you :)

Looking for some help ladies - I'm currently 32 weeks now with my first and looking for advice on what to pack for hospital bags - obviously if you have been through this before u may have some tips/hints but even if its yr first time (like me) you might have ideas to share or have revived advice from elsewhere!

A friend of mine recently had her little girls and her shampoo bottle leaked all over their camera and iPad - ruined them both! So her advice is pack those things far apart! (Diff bags!)

Looking for some help ladies - I'm currently 32 weeks now with my first and looking for advice on what to pack for hospital bags - obviously if you have been through this before u may have some tips/hints but even if its yr first time (like me) you might have ideas to share or have revived advice from elsewhere!

A friend of mine recently had her little girls and her shampoo bottle leaked all over their camera and iPad - ruined them both! So her advice is pack those things far apart! (Diff bags!)

I went into labour at 37 weeks and wasn't fully prepared! Went hospital at midnight and forgot all the snacks!! It was a fortune just for lucazade at the hotel! I'd also say take 2 dressing gowns, I had mine on quite a lot because I was in and out of birthing pool and so it was drenched! Wish I'd had a spare. Also the disposable pants you get from boots are amazing! So much better than cotton ones and far more comfortable. Millie was born at 7lb 13oz but still needed tiny baby clothes! Face wipes, tooth brush and tooth paste where all invaluable, made me feel human again. Make sure you take enough snacks and drinks in case you get kept in over night too. Xx

I ended up in hospital for 9 days the first time and wasn't prepared for a section so second time I packed extra stuff to keep in my partners car. It meant we didn't have things left unattended except my one wee bag while I was in theatre again but he could bring the extra stuff in when I needed it. This time I'm gonna pack 2 bags again. One to last me 2 days and one incase I end up with another section.

I bought mothercare disposable pants which were excruciating on my wound so second time I used m&s granny style pants & just binned them.

Basics are nightwear, slippers (hospitals here won't allow you out of bed without them on), wash stuff & towel, hair brush, toothbrush & paste. Baby nappies, vests & sleep suit. Anything else is extra & down to personal choice really.

I bought a wee set of clear travel bottles from Primark for £1 which u fill yerself wif shampoo, shower gel or whatever, it even came wif wee labels 4 the bottles. I kno it's designed 4 hand luggage on a plane but I thot it was ideal 4 my hospital bag, espec since they all fit in2 a clear plastic pouch which shud prevent any leaks (hopefully! lol!). This is my 1st time 2 n hopefully I'l b able 2 tell u if wat I packed was any good or not very soon - due date is 2moro but I'v been avin stronger n stronger pains all day! :eek:

This makes me so excited thinking about hospital bags. I always pack 2, one for me and one for baby. Last time I ran out if pj bottoms as my waters kept gushing. I'm taking loads this time, you can never have enough pjs anyway. Cheap throw away slippers and flip flops for the showers. Red or navy towel for a shower after labour is useful.

Oh and I meant to mention that aldi had 3 packs of baby vests for 99p yesterday and cellular blankets 99p and 3 baby grows £1.99. In pink, blue and neutral.

My baby's sa bit quiet, making me nervous. 17+3 now.

Advice on back/shoulder ache?!

I've read somewhere I can't use a hot water bottle! :-( I've stretched out etc and it only soothes it for 10-15 mins then it hurts again :-(

Any suggestions?

Advice on back/shoulder ache?!

I've read somewhere I can't use a hot water bottle! :-( I've stretched out etc and it only soothes it for 10-15 mins then it hurts again :-(

Any suggestions?

Massage???

Massage???

My hubby isn't great with them - I haven't asked for anything like that from him in a bid to stock them up for nearer the time...maybe I should start now?!

Evening all!

Well I have finally started and bought some baby clothes - my friend introduced me to the world that is car boot sales today! Oh my what amazing bargains and got all unisex as I'm staying team yellow! I've gone through my car booty and found I had 80 individual items - all in fab condition!

I actually feel I've been productive lol x x

Hi All :)

I've been waiting until my 12 weeks before I joined! Had my scan yesterday and was so good to see baby moving around :)
I was aiming to maintain for my first trimester which I've managed to do, lost 1lb from pre-pregnancy weight as well as was ill last week with food poisoning!
From what I can see online from my current weight I should aim to gain 11-15lbs at the most so not sure what to expect weight wise in the 2nd trimester?

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and due 25th February.

Still feeling very sick a lot of the time but not actually sick too often. Can't say I've followed SW at all as just been eating what I can which has included a lot of white bread and crackers and biscuits! Need to try pull it back and get back onto SW properly!

Hope you're all good! x

Hi All :)

I've been waiting until my 12 weeks before I joined! Had my scan yesterday and was so good to see baby moving around :)
I was aiming to maintain for my first trimester which I've managed to do, lost 1lb from pre-pregnancy weight as well as was ill last week with food poisoning!
From what I can see online from my current weight I should aim to gain 11-15lbs at the most so not sure what to expect weight wise in the 2nd trimester?

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and due 25th February.

Still feeling very sick a lot of the time but not actually sick too often. Can't say I've followed SW at all as just been eating what I can which has included a lot of white bread and crackers and biscuits! Need to try pull it back and get back onto SW properly!

Hope you're all good! x
Good morning Danni.. Welcome to the thread and congratz on your BFP and getting to 12 weeks.. So exciting reaching that milestone..
All well done on not gaining in the first 3 months.. Can be hard when your appetite is a bit all over the place..

I'm in the same "safe gain" bracket as you tho am gona TRY not gain at all if possible.. I know its possible as ladies on here have done it.. One lady is down 7 pounds from her pre-pregnancy weight and is 30-odd weeks gone.. So its definitely possible..
I have my first ante-natal appointment tomoro so am gona discuss it with my consultant to ensure everything I do is safe for the baby.. I can't see it not being.. I mean.. SW means home cooked meals with lean meats n lotza fruit n veg.. What can be wrong with that??!!
I'm 13 weeks tomoro and down 2.5 (I think) from my pre-pregnant weight.. Tho am sure the hospital will only judge it from whatever I weigh tomoro.. Which is fine too :)

Good morning Danni.. Welcome to the thread and congratz on your BFP and getting to 12 weeks.. So exciting reaching that milestone..
All well done on not gaining in the first 3 months.. Can be hard when your appetite is a bit all over the place..

I'm in the same "safe gain" bracket as you tho am gona TRY not gain at all if possible.. I know its possible as ladies on here have done it.. One lady is down 7 pounds from her pre-pregnancy weight and is 30-odd weeks gone.. So its definitely possible..
I have my first ante-natal appointment tomoro so am gona discuss it with my consultant to ensure everything I do is safe for the baby.. I can't see it not being.. I mean.. SW means home cooked meals with lean meats n lotza fruit n veg.. What can be wrong with that??!!
I'm 13 weeks tomoro and down 2.5 (I think) from my pre-pregnant weight.. Tho am sure the hospital will only judge it from whatever I weigh tomoro.. Which is fine too :)

That's good to hear then. My doctor here (I'm in Abu Dhabi) is really scatty and hasn't mentioned my weight at all! I'm moving to Bahrain at the end of the month so I'm going to do some research to find a good doctor there.
I'm going to try follow EE this week with the 2 Hex A & B, I'm curious to see what happens to my weight when I stick to it!

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow :) x

That's good to hear then. My doctor here (I'm in Abu Dhabi) is really scatty and hasn't mentioned my weight at all! I'm moving to Bahrain at the end of the month so I'm going to do some research to find a good doctor there.
I'm going to try follow EE this week with the 2 Hex A & B, I'm curious to see what happens to my weight when I stick to it!

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow :) x

Oh wow.. Dubai?! Jealous!! Altho I couldn't cope with the hot weather we had here a couple of weeks ago and it was only in the 20's.. High 20's.. But still.. Am sure nothing compared to Dubai!!
My doctor (GP) hasn't said anything to me either.. Will see what consultant says tomoro..
I've just been reading up online to see where I stand weight wise..

Oh wow.. Dubai?! Jealous!! Altho I couldn't cope with the hot weather we had here a couple of weeks ago and it was only in the 20's.. High 20's.. But still.. Am sure nothing compared to Dubai!!
My doctor (GP) hasn't said anything to me either.. Will see what consultant says tomoro..
I've just been reading up online to see where I stand weight wise..

Yeah it's far too hot at the moment July and August are the worst but it makes up for it the rest of the year, air con helps too! lol
I was aiming to get my BMI under 30 first but decided to start trying and it happened in first month! It's 31.3 just now but started at 35.5 so it's still a big improvement :)
Did you have sickness or anything and has it cleared up yet? My sister says it lasted until 16 weeks for her :-(

Yeah it's far too hot at the moment July and August are the worst but it makes up for it the rest of the year, air con helps too! lol
I was aiming to get my BMI under 30 first but decided to start trying and it happened in first month! It's 31.3 just now but started at 35.5 so it's still a big improvement :)
Did you have sickness or anything and has it cleared up yet? My sister says it lasted until 16 weeks for her :-(
I had some.. But very little.. I had it from about week 4 til 6 r 7 but I was only sick once a day n then grand the rest.. I had quite bad nausea for the first few weeks but that too cleared up fairly early..
MS seems to have come back the last 2 days but again.. Sick once a day n then fine.. Unless I leave it too long in between feeds..
I'm getting quite allot of headaches and am really really tired but otherwise all good...
Usually MS is meant to fade from 11/12 weeks.. In extreme cases it can last the whole pregnancy..
Have you had it bad?

Yea that's a huge improvement.. Well done :)
And lucky you getting it first time... Took us best part of 3 years... But worth it now we've got it :)

I had some.. But very little.. I had it from about week 4 til 6 r 7 but I was only sick once a day n then grand the rest.. I had quite bad nausea for the first few weeks but that too cleared up fairly early..
MS seems to have come back the last 2 days but again.. Sick once a day n then fine.. Unless I leave it too long in between feeds..
I'm getting quite allot of headaches and am really really tired but otherwise all good...
Usually MS is meant to fade from 11/12 weeks.. In extreme cases it can last the whole pregnancy..
Have you had it bad?

Yea that's a huge improvement.. Well done :)
And lucky you getting it first time... Took us best part of 3 years... But worth it now we've got it :)

Here's to the 2nd trimester being better for both of us!
I just feel sick most of the time like I'm on the verge of being sick. But it will be worth it :)

Back