Pregnancy and Slimming World

Here's to the 2nd trimester being better for both of us!
I just feel sick most of the time like I'm on the verge of being sick. But it will be worth it :)
I think the feeling sick is far worse than actually being sick.. At least when you've been sick you feel better for a time after.. With feeling sick you just don't get a break!!

That is true! I often go to the toilet and go through the motions of being sick and nothing comes up even though my belly isn't empty, it hardly ever is just now as it makes it worse!

Hi All :)

I've been waiting until my 12 weeks before I joined! Had my scan yesterday and was so good to see baby moving around :)
I was aiming to maintain for my first trimester which I've managed to do, lost 1lb from pre-pregnancy weight as well as was ill last week with food poisoning!
From what I can see online from my current weight I should aim to gain 11-15lbs at the most so not sure what to expect weight wise in the 2nd trimester?

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and due 25th February.

Still feeling very sick a lot of the time but not actually sick too often. Can't say I've followed SW at all as just been eating what I can which has included a lot of white bread and crackers and biscuits! Need to try pull it back and get back onto SW properly!

Hope you're all good! x

Hi Danni.

Well done you for not putting on. I have put on about a stone since pre-preg weight which isn't clever but not stressing about it. What will be will be. Am 17 weeks now so just hoping not too balloon too much.

Xx

Well I'm nearly 18 weeks and 1.5st up. It's totally depressing but I am still trying. And I was so sick too! My body is doing what it wants regardless of how good I am. :-/

Last edited:
I think only reason I haven't gained is because I seem to get full very easily now, hope it keeps up lol

Had first day back on plan today and got tomorrow planned as well. Was going to make pasta for lunch but I'm tired so went to bed instead :-D

I've been and faced the scales after a couple of weeks way off plan including my birthday. Not feeling too bad I'm now 23 weeks with an 8.5lb weight gain! Going to try my best to stay on plan this week but have suddenly developed a craving for fish finger sandwiches!

Good luck girls x x

Well in a bid to make u all feel happy - I am 32 nearly 33 weeks and I've gained 3 stone! :)

But the main thing is...baby is happy in there - and if that means more scones, bread and ice cream then so be it!! Lol.

The weird thing about it is I am actually excited to get back on SW and seeing losses again - I had been struggling for about 6 months before falling preg so it means I know there is plenty to lose and, fingers crossed, seeing the scales go down again will be encouragement in itself!! (And if that fails, knowing I want a family holiday next summer should motivate me a touch too!!)

Oh and in a follow up to yesterday's post - today i have kept moving and my back/shoulders feel loads better! :)

I also had a warm/hot shower last night before bed which soothed me!! Unfortunately it didn't stop me getting uncomfortable during the night but felt better anyway!!

Now...to find something to do tomorrow to keep me moving?! ...

I've been and faced the scales after a couple of weeks way off plan including my birthday. Not feeling too bad I'm now 23 weeks with an 8.5lb weight gain! Going to try my best to stay on plan this week but have suddenly developed a craving for fish finger sandwiches!

Good luck girls x x
That's not so bad. The recommended is nothing in first trimester then a pound a week thereafter. So yer doing great :)
Oh and in a follow up to yesterday's post - today i have kept moving and my back/shoulders feel loads better! :)

I also had a warm/hot shower last night before bed which soothed me!! Unfortunately it didn't stop me getting uncomfortable during the night but felt better anyway!!

Now...to find something to do tomorrow to keep me moving?! ...
Glad it's feeling better today.
As for crappy sleeping, am with u n it sucks!!! I had my worst night last night getting up FOUR times for the loo!!!
Usually am up once. Some times twice. But four times!!! Was not happy!!!

Congrats on all the BFPS!

I am in 3rd trimester and feel like poo, got major heartburn and been sick a lot cause of it!

Oh no :(
Congrats on getting to third tri :)
I have no advice for ya unfortunately but didn't wana read n run x

I am in 3rd trimester and feel like poo, got major heartburn and been sick a lot cause of it!

Gaviscon advance on prescription hun. It's genius. I always suffer from heartburn in late pg.

I prefer Tums tablets - they take it away literally within the min and don't taste awful like gaviscon (sorry to all those gaviscon lovers!!) - gaviscon can actually make me throw up and it's like an acid when suffering with HB - hope it eases soon for u x

I prefer Tums tablets - they take it away literally within the min and don't taste awful like gaviscon (sorry to all those gaviscon lovers!!) - gaviscon can actually make me throw up and it's like an acid when suffering with HB - hope it eases soon for u x

I'll have your gaviscon, I slug it straight from the bottle. Heavenly relief. But yeah rennies arc all work.

Well done! I'd be very happy with that too :)

Not as bad just a little sick and only feeling sick now as Im needing my tea! Lol

How's u?

Back