Pregnancy and Slimming World

Thank you for all the lovely messages, so we decided on her name...Amber Lilly-Anne Venn
It suits her with her gorgeous strawberry blonde hair. :)))

image-683637286.jpg

She's cute! And what a pretty name :) big congratulations :) x

Well I am 38 weeks today and the morning sickness flared up again this morning... Looking forward to all that being over and done with!! X

Hello ladies! I got home last night. Was lovely to get some rest in my own bed. Amber is feeding on demand so every 2/3 hours.
I weighed myself this morning & have lost 12lb so far. I had a c section so that's not bad concise ring all the fluids they pumped through me. I will weigh every Monday from now on.

Thank you for all the lovely messages, so we decided on her name...Amber Lilly-Anne Venn
It suits her with her gorgeous strawberry blonde hair. :)))

View attachment 107448

A beautiful name for a beautiful wee lady! Congrats n well done hun! :flowers:
Take it easy now n give yerself a chance 2 heal wifout worryin bout yer weight 2 much. As I'm sure u kno wif this bein yer 3rd section, u'l b retainin a lot of fluid 4 a while so wat seems like gain will disappear very soon. Love n best wishes 2 u n yer family xx

A beautiful name for a beautiful wee lady! Congrats n well done hun! :flowers:
Take it easy now n give yerself a chance 2 heal wifout worryin bout yer weight 2 much. As I'm sure u kno wif this bein yer 3rd section, u'l b retainin a lot of fluid 4 a while so wat seems like gain will disappear very soon. Love n best wishes 2 u n yer family xx

Thank you. :))
Yes I'm just trying to make good food choices rather than getting straight bk on plan. My mother in law is staying with us this week so she has been cooking some lovely healthy food for us all. It's lovely to be cooked for! It doesn't happen very often.

Thank you. :))
Yes I'm just trying to make good food choices rather than getting straight bk on plan. My mother in law is staying with us this week so she has been cooking some lovely healthy food for us all. It's lovely to be cooked for! It doesn't happen very often.

That's wat I planned 2 do 4 the 1st 2wks but endin up back in hospital 4 another 5days kinda spoilt that unfortunately. Yer doin the rite thing just makin good choices 1st rather rushin back 2 it. It's always nice 2 get cooked 4 as well - we'r avin homemade veg soup 2nite that my Mammy brought! lol! :)

We are both doing really well now thanks. Unfortunately we ended back up in hospital yesterday, Amber had blood in her vomit & we were in a right panic. Went to A & E & ended up in the children's ward for lots of tests. They came to the conclusion that she had swallowed blood from my breasts /nipples, which was a massive relief. They were slightly concerned about how jaundice she was so took a blood test from her little hand which was horrid to watch, they found her white blood cell count was slightly under average so want to do another blood test next week to keep an eye on it. Wasn't a very nice day!! So glad she's ok. These children are such a worry!

We are both doing really well now thanks. Unfortunately we ended back up in hospital yesterday, Amber had blood in her vomit & we were in a right panic. Went to A & E & ended up in the children's ward for lots of tests. They came to the conclusion that she had swallowed blood from my breasts /nipples, which was a massive relief. They were slightly concerned about how jaundice she was so took a blood test from her little hand which was horrid to watch, they found her white blood cell count was slightly under average so want to do another blood test next week to keep an eye on it. Wasn't a very nice day!! So glad she's ok. These children are such a worry!

Oh sammy u poor thing. Can only imagine the panic. Glad all seems to b ok n hopefully her white blood count can b easily fixed.
God. From the minute u get that bfp the worry starts... Xx

Oh sammy u poor thing. Can only imagine the panic. Glad all seems to b ok n hopefully her white blood count can b easily fixed.
God. From the minute u get that bfp the worry starts... Xx

Yes I'm so glad she's ok. she was such a good girl last night, I fed her at 8.30pm & she woke once at 1.15am for a feed & slept through again until 5.30! My milk came in yesterday so she's getting a lot more milk now. :)

Yes I'm so glad she's ok. she was such a good girl last night, I fed her at 8.30pm & she woke once at 1.15am for a feed & slept through again until 5.30! My milk came in yesterday so she's getting a lot more milk now. :)
Aww that's a great night..Long may it continue n hopefully now the milk's through the stretch in the night will be a little longer so mammy can rest as much as possible...
Is it just amazing having her there hold n watch n snuggle after all this time...

Sammy, jaundice can be very nomal in a breastfed babies. Feed feed feed her. If she so much as moves shove a boobie in and in the day put her by a window so she can pick up as much sunlight as possible.

So glad she's ok.

Just wanna spread some hope!!

4-5 weeks ago I developed piles - well 1 pile to be precise.
I looked on the Internet which wasn't very useful apart from the 'try to push it back in' which I did on a few occasions over the weeks and it did go in... Then usually fell out when I moved (TMI??) lol.

Anyway, it never hurt me apart from the day I found it where it was more of a discomfort than pain. When I want to the toilet for a poo it didn't get in the way - in fact quite the opposite it felt a slight relief. And then last night I discovered that it is almost gone!! :) it feels like an empty raisin skin now. Pushing it in was v easy and it stayed put!

Now I did read on the Internet that once u have had them u are prone to them so I am assuming I will get more in labour (11 days till my due date!!) but it did make me feel happy that I will be starting off on almost an even with them!! Ha ha :)

On a completely diff note - I had a dream last night that when I am at the midwives on Monday she sends me straight to hospital to have the baby!! - can't recall from the dream exactly why but is/was very exciting!!!

Happy Sunday everyone xxx

Tell me I'm not stupid and/or crazy. But was just talking to my mum and mentioned that my comfy PJs were in my hospital bag and she said ' oh god have you packed that already? I think that's done when u start to feel labour pains you know' and I thought to myself I'm 39 weeks preg tomorrow, baby could come any time and yr expecting me to pack a bag after?!
So I tried to play it down by saying not everything was in it and I still have a list of bits to add when the time comes.

I do, the list is:
Toothbrush
Hairbrush

And tbh if I forget those hubby can get me a toothbrush at hospital and my hair can rat-tail for all I care lol

Why do mothers know best?! Eh?? Lol

I did my maternity bag at 30 week, i like to be organinsed. Just got to put spare clothes and tens machine which is coming un the post at 37 weeks. You do what makes you feel comfy as everyone is different and don't listen to your mum, haha!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I did my hospital bag at 32 weeks which was a good job because Millie made a surprise entrance at. 37+5 x

Back