Pregnancy and Slimming World

Ha ha ha... I'm 19 weeks and already thinking about my hospital bag.. So maybe we're all crazy.. LOL
Am pretty sure if I was to pack my bag when labour is in progress, no matter how early the progress, I'd forget almost everything!!!
I plan on packing 2 hospital bags.. One to bring n hope it has enough of everything in and a second just in case I run out of anything in the first for BF to bring in coz relying on him to remember stuff is no good.. lol

Ha ha ha... I'm 19 weeks and already thinking about my hospital bag.. So maybe we're all crazy.. LOL Am pretty sure if I was to pack my bag when labour is in progress, no matter how early the progress, I'd forget almost everything!!! I plan on packing 2 hospital bags.. One to bring n hope it has enough of everything in and a second just in case I run out of anything in the first for BF to bring in coz relying on him to remember stuff is no good.. lol

When I was in labour and having contractions I sat sewing a hole in a baby blanket and my dress to come home in only to get to hospital and had forget so many things! I forgot shampoo and conditioner and felt like a real scruff bag, had no magazines, no headphones, no iPad or entertainment at all. I was in labour all Friday And didn't know and didn't get to hospital until midnight so the following day everyone was knackered and my bf went to his sisters to sleep haha so he was no good!

I've been reading your diary hun, just read past the part you found out your pregnant! Xx

When I was in labour and having contractions I sat sewing a hole in a baby blanket and my dress to come home in only to get to hospital and had forget so many things! I forgot shampoo and conditioner and felt like a real scruff bag, had no magazines, no headphones, no iPad or entertainment at all. I was in labour all Friday And didn't know and didn't get to hospital until midnight so the following day everyone was knackered and my bf went to his sisters to sleep haha so he was no good!

I've been reading your diary hun, just read past the part you found out your pregnant! Xx

Feels like yesterday.. Can't believe it was 16weeks ago...

*sneaks back in*

Remember me? The crazy one? Still crazy but feeling a bit better!

I'm 28+6, knackered, anaemic and suffering with PGP but I'm growing a healthy little boy so it's all good <3 Roll on December 14!

Hope you are all well and massive congrats to the lovely ladies and their new babies! xxx

37 weeks now. Have gained a stone but haven't been on plan for months now. Baby could be here anytime in next 5 weeks so not planning to sw as such. Would like to get back to healthier foods though and actually eating meals.

Looking forward to slow cooker dinners and soups in my soup maker over winter. I hear the sw tomato soup is rather like heinz.

Mama-bear x

That's amazing hun. Most of that will go soon as baby's here. Well done.
I made a tomato n basil one the other day. Was delish. Didn't get the recipe from sw but was sw friendly

*sneaks back in*

Remember me? The crazy one? Still crazy but feeling a bit better!

I'm 28+6, knackered, anaemic and suffering with PGP but I'm growing a healthy little boy so it's all good <3 Roll on December 14!

Hope you are all well and massive congrats to the lovely ladies and their new babies! xxx

Well hello lol! It's good to see you back, I hope the hips are manageable. Little boys are gorgeous!

That's amazing hun. Most of that will go soon as baby's here. Well done.
I made a tomato n basil one the other day. Was delish. Didn't get the recipe from sw but was sw friendly

I agree the tomato and basil soup is gorgeous I make it loads and use it for all sorts (pasta pizza curry base etc). Yum.

37 weeks now. Have gained a stone but haven't been on plan for months now. Baby could be here anytime in next 5 weeks so not planning to sw as such. Would like to get back to healthier foods though and actually eating meals.

Looking forward to slow cooker dinners and soups in my soup maker over winter. I hear the sw tomato soup is rather like heinz.

Mama-bear x

3 weeks to go wow!!! Are you going to batch freeze meals? I'm looking forward to winter meals too.

I hope baby doesn't make you wait 5 weeks.

Tell me I'm not stupid and/or crazy. But was just talking to my mum and mentioned that my comfy PJs were in my hospital bag and she said ' oh god have you packed that already? I think that's done when u start to feel labour pains you know' and I thought to myself I'm 39 weeks preg tomorrow, baby could come any time and yr expecting me to pack a bag after?!
So I tried to play it down by saying not everything was in it and I still have a list of bits to add when the time comes.

I do, the list is:
Toothbrush
Hairbrush

And tbh if I forget those hubby can get me a toothbrush at hospital and my hair can rat-tail for all I care lol

Why do mothers know best?! Eh?? Lol

Not crazy at all! I always pack my bag at 30-34 weeks, you never know when you might have to go in for monitoring etc and a lot of men struggle to get a suitable bag packed. Nobody packs it in early labour unless they're 1) mad 2) not expecting labour as they're early.

Ignore her advice from years ago and pack that bag lol! I'm 24 weeks and I've bits collected for my bag already.

Not crazy at all! I always pack my bag at 30-34 weeks, you never know when you might have to go in for monitoring etc and a lot of men struggle to get a suitable bag packed. Nobody packs it in early labour unless they're 1) mad 2) not expecting labour as they're early. Ignore her advice from years ago and pack that bag lol! I'm 24 weeks and I've bits collected for my bag already.

I'm only 28 weeks (well 29 tomorrow) and I've started mine so don't worry Cai! Paranoia won't let me leave it much longer ;) I wouldn't trust husband to pack me everything in a hurry, he has an awful memory bless him! x

Well I'm pleased to say I finished packing it yesterday!! Got a midwife appointment at 12 and just need to ask about milk - a friend said if bf doesn't work out the hospital doesn't give u any milk?! So I need to check! This friend has had a baby within 12 months at same hospital I'm going to and others have been years off or miles away!

Just hair brush, tooth brush and a clean top to travel home in needed for my bag and I'm good to go - and let's face it if I forget those hubby can either fetch or buy from hospital and I can travel home in what I arrived in or PJs

Less than a week till my due date!! Come on baby!!!! Xx

Well hello lol! It's good to see you back, I hope the hips are manageable. Little boys are gorgeous!

Hello yourself! Thanks for dragging me back here lol ;) Hips are knackered this morning, dragging myself to work. I finish 6 weeks today though which is getting me through! How's you?

Well I'm pleased to say I finished packing it yesterday!! Got a midwife appointment at 12 and just need to ask about milk - a friend said if bf doesn't work out the hospital doesn't give u any milk?! So I need to check! This friend has had a baby within 12 months at same hospital I'm going to and others have been years off or miles away!

Just hair brush, tooth brush and a clean top to travel home in needed for my bag and I'm good to go - and let's face it if I forget those hubby can either fetch or buy from hospital and I can travel home in what I arrived in or PJs

Less than a week till my due date!! Come on baby!!!! Xx
Our hospitals all give us milk to use while in there but I know SarahLouise has found out the same in her hospital.. so very possible.. I think its unbelievable that they don't give you milk.. Especially for women who wouldn't know to check.. You'd just assume wouldn't you?!

Can't seem to quote again?

I won't be batch cooking as there isn't room in our freezer between my wheat food, everyone else's normal food and the usual veg etc. It won't require much effort to chuck meat, frozen veg and baby potatoes into the slow cooker though.

I'm optimistic that baby will come soon. Read up on accupressure last night so gonna try that.

Hi missy, good to see you back

Mama-bear x

Ahh. I have a chest freezer so that's the plan here. But I agree a slow cooker is fab for easy meals once baby is here.

Ahh. I have a chest freezer so that's the plan here. But I agree a slow cooker is fab for easy meals once baby is here.

Yup.. We got a chest freezer especially for my batch cooking.. BF doesn't know it was all in prep for baby's arrival but he doesn't need to know :D We'd have needed one anyway so its not a major deal..
But I do love me slow cooker :)

Yup.. We got a chest freezer especially for my batch cooking.. BF doesn't know it was all in prep for baby's arrival but he doesn't need to know :D We'd have needed one anyway so its not a major deal..
But I do love me slow cooker :)

It's so easy to pull out a sw lasagne or a veg chilli to go on a jacket for lunch isn't it.

I realised recently that I can make porridge overnight in my slow cooker which is perfect for my lot! :)

It's so easy to pull out a sw lasagne or a veg chilli to go on a jacket for lunch isn't it.

I realised recently that I can make porridge overnight in my slow cooker which is perfect for my lot! :)
Oh really?? I'd have never thought of that.. But as I only do porridge for me, the microwave is grand :D lol
Yea its so handy.. I need to stock up on good food in the freezer tho coz already am being lazy n taking stuff out almost as it goes in..
I need it to be well stocked for when I come out of hospital.. But hopefully when I start my maternity I can spend my days cooking and filling it..

Oh really?? I'd have never thought of that.. But as I only do porridge for me, the microwave is grand :D lol
Yea its so handy.. I need to stock up on good food in the freezer tho coz already am being lazy n taking stuff out almost as it goes in..
I need it to be well stocked for when I come out of hospital.. But hopefully when I start my maternity I can spend my days cooking and filling it..

That's my plan to get to 36 weeks and to start stocking it with sw meals like:
Broccoli and veg cheesy bake.
Spag Bol sauce.
Veg chilli.
Lasagne.
Spinach cannelloni.
Soup.
Curry.
Quorn sausage casserole.
Risotto.
Quorn shepherds pie.
Cheese and potato pie.
Etc.

Otherwise I'll be living on cheese sandwiches if dh is cooking post baby.

Hey all - following missys lead and popping in to say hi :) 20 weeks today with my first baby and haven't felt brave enough to talk about it much on here yet but I'm half way and there's lots I don't have a clue about so will be really nice to meet 1st time pregnant mums and experienced ones :)

As I don't have a baby to show yet here's my 20 week bump pic, I'm very proud of it :-D

image-80340676.jpg

Look forward to talking with you all x

Feeling a bit rough yesterday and today.

Bounced on my ball earlier then left the car at my house to walk dd to her club. It's only like a 5/10 min walk but still.

Did some accupressure on myself earlier too. Just hoping this baby will play ball and arrive the natural way for me. I know I will go over but I also know I'll get more anxious as time goes on. Not sure what other natural methods I can try to encourage baby that are safe for me. Already on rlt and epo.

Not doing anything drastic anyway.

Mama-bear x

Sex and skipping lol. At the same time if you're feeling adventurous lol. Babies come when they want to. Enjoy hot cups of tea, relaxing baths and saying what you fancy I say lol. Hope you won't be too long. X

Back