Pregnancy and Slimming World

Lol Belle is a lovely name but you've got a difficult surname to contend with in Lee!!

My cousin has a daughter called Isabella so we wouldn't even consider it.
OH doesn't want a name that any of his cousins and their children have got....
I actually really wanted George for a boy but OH wasn't keen as he has a cousin called George and then Kate and Wills went and called their boy George and that idea went totally out of the window!!!

It would just be Carter. I've not heard any babies called that recently.
Also haven't heard Georgia in a long time but since baby George the future king was born I bet there's loads :-(

I used to like Charlotte but the kid across the road is called that. That family are all terrors too so it's been shouted up and down the street. Put me right off.

I also like Alyssa but nothing gets me like Georgia does. It just sounds right to me.

Loving some of your name choices ladies :)

Mama-bear x
I love Charlotte.. but I have a friend called Charlotte so BF is afraid she'll think baby is being called after here.. We also liked Alex for a boy.. but kid next is a little sh1t n he's called Alex so there goes that name.. lol

Also, re Georgia, I live in Dublin so what's popular here usually wouldn't be in the UK or N.I..
But you might have lotza now coz of baby George..
My BF's nephew is called George but he was named (and born lol) last year so nothing to do with the Royals.. But his parents are raging now coz it'll become really popular. Altho chances are in Dublin it'll be fine

After my last post, I've just realised what name sounds lovely:

Evangelie Belle

What does everyone think?

After my last post, I've just realised what name sounds lovely:

Evangelie Belle

What does everyone think?

Very pretty.

I love Evangeline but dh is having none if it. He's very opinionated for someone who gives no ideas.

Very pretty.

I love Evangeline but dh is having none if it. He's very opinionated for someone who gives no ideas.
My hubby is like that- I suggested Skye as a middle name, he said no as it's too 'American' and he said no to Hope as it sounds religious but he likes Grace?! Go figure!

He may not like Belle as our surname is Baker so it'd be Evangelie Belle Baker.

I love it and girls name is my choice so he once said (think he's forgotten about that agreement, will have to remind him!!)

I love the idea of family names and this will sound dead shallow but I don't like any of the names in our family! Little boy's grandads are Barry and Andrew, greatgrandads (none of whom are with us anymore) were Leonard, William, Douglas and Lionel. We just couldn't make any of them work :/

Mamabear - I love Carter! Gorgeous name. Not sure what you'd put with Georgia, it is a gorgeous name on its own though - doesn't need a middle name necessarily? We were very close to not bothering with middle names at all but found one we liked in the end.

Ah crap, I'm giving in! For anyone who has me on fb *eyeballs Cake* - not a word about this or husband will murder me! ;) The name we have in mind is Seth Rowan, we just fell in love with it and it's not something that was even on our radar before I was pregnant. Seth is such a strong sounding name and you can't shorten it at all. I hate it when people shorten my name, as does husband so we'll not inflict that on the boy ;) Also Seth Lakeman and Seth Green, it appeals to the geek in me <3

Oh and he's definitely a boy! Went for a 4d scan this morning and here's the little dude! He was being a bit quiet this morning so the picture is a bit rubbish sadly :( Was a bit upset tbh, we got the scan as a deal on wow cher and you could tell we'd not paid full price in the way they treated us compared to the other couple there who had paid full price and the staff couldn't do enough for them. I got a bit upset cos if we'd paid full price we would have been offered a free rescan as baby was in such a bad position but because it was an offer we just had to deal with what we got. I know you can't expect the earth for cheap but... Ended with me getting upset cos tbh I'm sick of having no money to do all these things with and the woman who worked there telling me I needed to get help with my mental health (like I don't know that!) and that I should be grateful I'm even pregnant, I think she was trying to help but it just made me worse. Felt like a right selfish cow after that :/ So it's not been the best birthday and have spent most of it being hormonal and crying so far but at least I did get to see baby again and she's right, I should be more grateful for what I did get today and for the fact that I have a lovely little boy who'll be here with us in just a few months <3 I just wish I could afford to have everything perfect for him :/

Attachments

• image-1514164620.jpg
    image-1514164620.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
My hubby is like that- I suggested Skye as a middle name, he said no as it's too 'American' and he said no to Hope as it sounds religious but he likes Grace?! Go figure!

He may not like Belle as our surname is Baker so it'd be Evangelie Belle Baker.

I love it and girls name is my choice so he once said (think he's forgotten about that agreement, will have to remind him!!)

I quite like that... Just keep saying it over n over. That's what I do with Oisin... I go around like "me n Oisin are goin to bed" etc...

After my last post, I've just realised what name sounds lovely: Evangelie Belle What does everyone think?

That's very cute! I like it :D

Evangelie Belle... Evangelie Belle... It's going round in my head right now and the more I say it, the more I love it!

And before any of you found out what you were having, did you think you was certain what you was having? And was you right?

I ask because ever since I found out I'm PG I think I'm having a girl. I don't know why, it's just a feeling?

I love the idea of family names and this will sound dead shallow but I don't like any of the names in our family! Little boy's grandads are Barry and Andrew, greatgrandads (none of whom are with us anymore) were Leonard, William, Douglas and Lionel. We just couldn't make any of them work :/

Mamabear - I love Carter! Gorgeous name. Not sure what you'd put with Georgia, it is a gorgeous name on its own though - doesn't need a middle name necessarily? We were very close to not bothering with middle names at all but found one we liked in the end.

Ah crap, I'm giving in! For anyone who has me on fb *eyeballs Cake* - not a word about this or husband will murder me! ;) The name we have in mind is Seth Rowan, we just fell in love with it and it's not something that was even on our radar before I was pregnant. Seth is such a strong sounding name and you can't shorten it at all. I hate it when people shorten my name, as does husband so we'll not inflict that on the boy ;) Also Seth Lakeman and Seth Green, it appeals to the geek in me <3

Oh and he's definitely a boy! Went for a 4d scan this morning and here's the little dude! He was being a bit quiet this morning so the picture is a bit rubbish sadly :( Was upset tbh, we got the scan as a deal on wow cher and you could tell we'd not paid full price in the way they treated us. I got a bit upset cos if we'd paid full price we would have been offered a free rescan as baby was in such a bad position but because it was an offer we just had to deal with what we got. I know you can't expect the earth for cheap but... Ended with me getting upset cos tbh I'm sick of having no money to do all these things with and the woman who worked there telling me I needed to get help with my mental health (like I don't know that!) and that I should be grateful I'm even pregnant, I think she was trying to help but it just made me worse. Felt like a right selfish cow after that :/ So it's not been the best birthday and have spent most of it being hormonal and crying so far but at least I did get to see baby again and she's right, I should be more grateful for what I did get today and for the fact that I have a lovely little boy who'll be here with us in just a few months <3 I just wish I could afford to have everything perfect for him :/

Love Seth rowan. Very cute and goes with your surname! I won't tell a soul!!!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I'm the opposite I quite like names you can shorten. As long as the shortened version is nice.

That woman sounds insensitive. And you should have received a full service that's the whole point of getting the same deal on offer! Otherwise it's not an offer! I'd complain!!!! I'd love a 3d scan but it just seems so extravagant this time (had them before so not sure why I feel this way now). I just think I could buy the pram for that price so it seems crazy and I pull away from the idea. I'd so love to see my baby though. But no one ever has enough money to do everything, we all just muddle by going the best we can so you're not alone. My baby doesn't have a nursery as much as I'd love one because this is baby number five and all rooms have people in them lol and that's just the way it is. Don't focus on what you don't have look at all you do, a wonderful family, a safe home and more love than any baby could ever be lucky enough to have. You'll all be fine. ((((Hugs)))))).
And happy birthday hunni. It's your birthday and you can cry if you want to!

Oh and he's definitely a boy! Went for a 4d scan this morning and here's the little dude! He was being a bit quiet this morning so the picture is a bit rubbish sadly :( Was a bit upset tbh, we got the scan as a deal on wow cher and you could tell we'd not paid full price in the way they treated us compared to the other couple there who had paid full price and the staff couldn't do enough for them. I got a bit upset cos if we'd paid full price we would have been offered a free rescan as baby was in such a bad position but because it was an offer we just had to deal with what we got. I know you can't expect the earth for cheap but... Ended with me getting upset cos tbh I'm sick of having no money to do all these things with and the woman who worked there telling me I needed to get help with my mental health (like I don't know that!) and that I should be grateful I'm even pregnant, I think she was trying to help but it just made me worse. Felt like a right selfish cow after that :/ So it's not been the best birthday and have spent most of it being hormonal and crying so far but at least I did get to see baby again and she's right, I should be more grateful for what I did get today and for the fact that I have a lovely little boy who'll be here with us in just a few months <3 I just wish I could afford to have everything perfect for him :/
I LOVE that name! Seth is such a cool name!
We are big fans of Family Guy which is Seth McFarlane and I've always loved the name!

We want to have a 4D scan and we have a place near us that do it, I think it's quite pricey but sounds like its worth paying full price for, from your experience?

Sorry the lady wasn't very sensitive hun. Does sound a bit unprofessional. Sometimes I wonder why some people work in these places...
My bf wanted a 3D scan but I went on google images n showed him sum pics n he's freaked out by them now. Job done :)
They freak me out too lol
I just don't think it's normal to "see" baby while its inside me... But I do love seeing other people's 3D scan pix
I also love Seth... It's everything we want. 1 syllable. Unable to shorten. Different but not made up... Lovely name

Well I asked hubby about Belle and he said- it's not on the 'no' pile! Whoop!
But he also said its not top of the 'yes' pile for him (he still wants Grace) so need to work on him- got another 13 weeks until gender scan (if we find out) lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evangelie Belle... Evangelie Belle... It's going round in my head right now and the more I say it, the more I love it! And before any of you found out what you were having, did you think you was certain what you was having? And was you right? I ask because ever since I found out I'm PG I think I'm having a girl. I don't know why, it's just a feeling?

We always thought it was a boy and so did all our friends and family! No one thought it was a girl so it wasn't a surprise at all when we found out ;) I remember Cake and Cai saying early on that you crave salt and carbs with boys and sweet things with girls so if you believe that then I was a classic case as I was destroying mountains of marmite on toast and salt and vinegar crisis, they were the only thing that stopped the sickness! x

Glad the name meets with approval - we love it and barring last minute upsets he'll be called just that :)

Thanks for the birthday happies - I think I'm just having a hormonal day today tbh. Sobbed my eyes out after the scan, we'd taken a picnic and we had that in the park near the scan place. I was feeling all down about everything and how awful the picture is and husband said how much he wanted to come back here in a few years and bring a picnic and play on the swings with our boy and that was it, I was off again! Now I'm crying because I feel like I've bought my mum a crap birthday present (it's her birthday two days before mine) and I feel guilty for not spending more on her and taking more time. I need putting away!

With the scan, I would definitely pay full price if I did it again. They just didn't give a toss that we were unhappy, it was so obvious. And who can blame them I suppose, they were making £60 less out of us! The offer wasn't the same as the normal service so we couldn't really expect the same but I didn't realise you couldn't have a rescan. The picture is awful and now I just want another one doing which we totally can't afford! xxx

Back