Pregnancy and Slimming World

image-3588943755.jpg

image-3771513034.jpg

image-1744868948.jpg

Wow what amazing photos Cake, made me feel all emotional knowing that my little one looks a little like that :) they are so clear!

Missy I'm glad you got seen and are reassured and that the appointment was do positive. What cake did you make??

I went swimming on my lunch break today, only managed 36 lengths compared to my usual 60 but pretty pleased I actually got myself there, I've been so lazy since finding out I'm pregnant - Bloomin exhausted tho!

Hope everyone's doing good today x

Glad all is good Missy :)

Cake those photos are amazing!

Well done on the exercise Nelly, I find is so much harder to get motivated just now!

I'm 19 weeks tomorrow still being sick occasionally and getting hip pain sometimes but apart from that it's all good :) x

Wow what amazing photos Cake, made me feel all emotional knowing that my little one looks a little like that :) they are so clear!

Missy I'm glad you got seen and are reassured and that the appointment was do positive. What cake did you make??

I went swimming on my lunch break today, only managed 36 lengths compared to my usual 60 but pretty pleased I actually got myself there, I've been so lazy since finding out I'm pregnant - Bloomin exhausted tho!

Hope everyone's doing good today x
Wow.. Well done.. Need a sit down just thinking of YOU doing that.. LOL

Wow what amazing photos Cake, made me feel all emotional knowing that my little one looks a little like that :) they are so clear! Missy I'm glad you got seen and are reassured and that the appointment was do positive. What cake did you make?? I went swimming on my lunch break today, only managed 36 lengths compared to my usual 60 but pretty pleased I actually got myself there, I've been so lazy since finding out I'm pregnant - Bloomin exhausted tho! Hope everyone's doing good today x

Well done on the swimming. I've been the same. I got a 10min Pilates DVD for pre and post natal so need to try to do that this week. At least it will be better than nowt!

Exciting news from all this morning - hopefully everything is kicking off for you mama bear and am excited for your scan cake, I hope your experience is much better than mine :) Me? Spent the morning in PAU annoyingly :( Went to see midwife and it was a really positive appt. She took me round and showed me the labour rooms (midwife and consultant lead) so that I can try and decide a bit more what I want in terms of environment. They did all the usual tests then and weren't happy with my wee test and the swelling that came up over the weekend. When I mentioned that baby had been a bit quiet over the last day or so they packed me off to PAU and put me on the monitor. Of course baby went crazy kicking about as soon as the monitor was on! Little swine, making me worry <3 That went ok thank goodness so now I just have a precautionary scan on wed to have a look at blood flow, etc and make sure everything is working ok. Relieved ain't the word and baby has been very perky since then! Now at work, laughing at everyone demolishing my cake ;) Happy Monday all! x

Oh gosh what a little torment baby is, but glad everything ok and they took your concerns seriously. Better safe than sorry always when it comes to our precious ones x

Tmi warning

Well ladies 'the show' just happened :) I know it's just another sign but a good one eh?! ;-) I must admit I googles 'pregnancy mucus plug' to check it wasn't just a weird snot ball type thing lol and sure enough they looked the same! (Don't worry I didn't take a pic!) lol.

I then went on to read about it and it says it's the start but can still be days (every body is different) but it's still a good one! :)
I almost feel like my waters are leaking but tbh I might just be too excited lol

Keep yr fingers crossed for me please... We are ready for him!! Lol xx

Also wanted to say we r having some lovely stories on here today as well as pictures! Beautiful :) xx

Tmi warning

Well ladies 'the show' just happened :) I know it's just another sign but a good one eh?! ;-) I must admit I googles 'pregnancy mucus plug' to check it wasn't just a weird snot ball type thing lol and sure enough they looked the same! (Don't worry I didn't take a pic!) lol.

I then went on to read about it and it says it's the start but can still be days (every body is different) but it's still a good one! :)
I almost feel like my waters are leaking but tbh I might just be too excited lol

Keep yr fingers crossed for me please... We are ready for him!! Lol xx
Oooh exciting.. So what's now?? With my hospital they ask us to come in once the plug goes for a check up and depending on what they find (or don't find) they may send you home again til things start... ooooh am excited

Oooh exciting.. So what's now?? With my hospital they ask us to come in once the plug goes for a check up and depending on what they find (or don't find) they may send you home again til things start... ooooh am excited

Really?? Yr hospital sounds much better than mine! Mine don't care about it!
Only contact them once waters have gone or contractions are regular and 15 mins apart... Otherwise they just don't care! Lol

So now I sit and wait! My MW said if I thought waters were leaking the hospital will ask u to put a pad in and then smell it!' Lol. If it smells like wee then it is and apparently waters don't have a smell as such (I doubt that tho!)

So I'm going to go to tesco now and then will see if I still feel leakage! Lol - it's a whole new world this leakage etc x

Ooooh exciting Cai! Keep us posted :)

Ooooh Cai, this could be it! Hopefully this means you'll have your little boy in time for his due date! :)

Cake - those photos properly brought a tear to my eye! Your little is so cute <3 Made me more determined to have another scan or get some kind of apology from the place we went to as well, that's what we should have had too and I hate that we've lost our only chance to see baby clearly before he arrives.

Nelly - mega impressed with your swim! I've been so lazy, other than walking to work and back I do nothing now. Was swimming but had to stop cos of my hips :( Could do with finding something else to do really but not sure what.

Baby has been nice and active all day now, midwife reckoned he was facing my back abc that was why I couldn't feel anything, I think all the prodding and poking prompted him to shift again. Also found out what braxton hicks feel like as I had one while the monitor was on and midwife explained it! Turns out I've had quite a few but didn't know what they were, daft me. ;) The next best bit of news - GTT results are fine! Phew, was convinced I would have GD, although I did have sugary wee this morning which I haven't had before. Blood pressure was fine so my fat feet and hands are unlikely to be anything sinister.

Next up - physio and then scan on Wednesday. It's all go! xxx

Last edited:
Missy I'd have thought swimming was the best/safest thing for you with sore hips as the water takes all the pressure and weight off for you.. So not sure what every you could do.. Hope you find something...

I think I've been having Braxton hicks the last week.. Thought I'd have been too early but getting quite strong pains that are exactly as i'd imagine contractions are so no idea what else they could be.. Was meant to ring the hospital today but got caught up on something else.. Rather than explain again.. If you pop onto my thread you'll see.. Sorry for the cryptic-ness of it all but its quite allot..

Ooooh Cai, this could be it! Hopefully this means you'll have your little boy in time for his due date! :)

Cake - those photos properly brought a tear to my eye! Your little is so cute <3 Made me more determined to have another scan or get some kind of apology from the place we went to as well, that's what we should have had too and I hate that we've lost our only chance to see baby clearly before he arrives.

Nelly - mega impressed with your swim! I've been so lazy, other than walking to work and back I do nothing now. Was swimming but had to stop cos of my hips :( Could do with finding something else to do really but not sure what.

Baby has been nice and active all day now, midwife reckoned he was facing my back abc that was why I couldn't feel anything, I think all the prodding and poking prompted him to shift again. Also found out what braxton hicks feel like as I had one while the monitor was on and midwife explained it! Turns out I've had quite a few but didn't know what they were, daft me. ;) The next best bit of news - GTT results are fine! Phew, was convinced I would have GD, although I did have sugary wee this morning which I haven't had before. Blood pressure was fine so my fat feet and hands are unlikely to be anything sinister.

Next up - physio and then scan on Wednesday. It's all go! xxx

Missy your baby is beautiful! But I agree they should have got a clearer picture for you! I paid £59 and had three pics plus a 2d pic. They also wrote the gender down for us in a sealed envelope.

Yay no gd!!!!!! You should celebrate with cake lol!

Cai!!! Exciting. Lots of potential labours about yo begin. A plug can grow back though. Seems unfair doesn't it lol. But hopefully this will be it for you. I've only ever been aware of one of my plugs going. My baby came the same night.

Back