Pregnancy and Slimming World

OMG clothes are a nightmare when you don't know.. That was what got me thinking I'd find out.. Which is awful... But it was only what started me thinking that way.. Not the full reason..
I've bought a pack of Newborn n a pack 0-3 month cream sleep suits, 7 in each pack.. So if we don't find out... I'm covered for the first day or 2.. Time enough to send OH out to buy boys/girls colours.. Will pick up lotz of vests in both sizes but they'll just be white anyway regardless of gender n white cardigans so its only really for sleepsuits that I need to know...

1 week til big scan.. Countdown in ON.. Excited.. Bet the week drags coz I want it so bad..

Cai - 3rd October Mama bear - 16th October rjg123 - 26th Oct Bunnylovesalan - 28th October Missy1978 - 14th December ILoveCake- 15th January Pjallen1982- 20th January Nellylou - 14th February Dubchick - 18th February Danni - 25th February Dougal1983- 18th May Even though I'm second it could be November before baby no.3 is here. Don't feel remotely close to labour :-( How are you doing Cai? Mama-bear x

I'm feeling restless and disheartened!! :-( wish I'd never focused on my due date as I'm only disappointing myself lol.

I def feel further away from labour today than I did last Monday!! :-( x

There is some lovely unisex stuff out there - we've bought nothing that's particularly boy-ish despite finding out the sex. I hate a lot of the boy clothes tbh, all the mini check shirts are just not our thing ;)

We've had some lovely things from M&S, Next (in the sale lol, so expensive!) and Boots that are lovely bright colours, black and white, animal patterns, that kinda thing and would be suitable for a boy or a girl. We've bought a few cream/white bits as well just to fill in gaps. We've been given lots of stuff that's a bit more traditional boy clothes but while he's little we want to keep it simple. It's hard work to find things that you're happy with.

I'm feeling restless and disheartened!! :-( wish I'd never focused on my due date as I'm only disappointing myself lol. I def feel further away from labour today than I did last Monday!! :-( x

It can't be long now, keep the faith hun. What's your midwife saying about it? xxx

There is some lovely unisex stuff out there - we've bought nothing that's particularly boy-ish despite finding out the sex. I hate a lot of the boy clothes tbh, all the mini check shirts are just not our thing ;)

We've had some lovely things from M&S, Next (in the sale lol, so expensive!) and Boots that are lovely bright colours, black and white, animal patterns, that kinda thing and would be suitable for a boy or a girl. We've bought a few cream/white bits as well just to fill in gaps. We've been given lots of stuff that's a bit more traditional boy clothes but while he's little we want to keep it simple. It's hard work to find things that you're happy with.
I don't mean buying pink or blue when I say gender specific.. But allot of clothes are say grey and white.. And while they're not gender specific colours.. I think they look more boyish, than neutral.. So I wouldn't pick them up not knowing.. I wouldn't put them on a girl (obviously if I had nothing else I'd have to but they'd be the last thing I'd choose so they'd be left there unused)

It can't be long now, keep the faith hun. What's your midwife saying about it? xxx

When I went to see her last Friday it was a student midwife so it was all 'by the book' and only being one day over at the time so wasn't an issue.
I have another appointment for Thursday ( unless he is here by then)

I felt really ill last night and was close to ringing the hospital but I genuinely believe 50% of it was in my head. I just had head ache and felt meh but in the back of my mind I could hear the midwife saying if I felt ill to ring them...I don't want to waste their time tho!! 2 paracetamol and a rest did me good xx

I don't mean buying pink or blue when I say gender specific.. But allot of clothes are say grey and white.. And while they're not gender specific colours.. I think they look more boyish, than neutral.. So I wouldn't pick them up not knowing.. I wouldn't put them on a girl (obviously if I had nothing else I'd have to but they'd be the last thing I'd choose so they'd be left there unused)

One of the first things we were given (before we knew the sex) was a set from M&S with silvery grey stars - I'd put them on a boy or girl personally but then this is me who'd happily put a girl in a black and red Transformers babygro lol ;) I think I just have funny ideas!

Mostly we've just bought brights - red, turquoise, yellow, animal prints, that kinda stuff. Although the panda themed things in Next at the moment are gorgeous and suitable for boys and girls I think. They're black and white but so so cute <3

Not long til your scan now though if you do want to find out! Exciting :D x

When I went to see her last Friday it was a student midwife so it was all 'by the book' and only being one day over at the time so wasn't an issue. I have another appointment for Thursday ( unless he is here by then) I felt really ill last night and was close to ringing the hospital but I genuinely believe 50% of it was in my head. I just had head ache and felt meh but in the back of my mind I could hear the midwife saying if I felt ill to ring them...I don't want to waste their time tho!! 2 paracetamol and a rest did me good xx

Bless you, it must be so frustrating :( I'm terrified of going late tbh, dunno how I'll cope if it happens to me! Is there any chance you could see someone earlier? Especially if it's making you feel rubbish. I'm sure no one will think you're wasting their time, it must be so stressful xxx

Bless you, it must be so frustrating :( I'm terrified of going late tbh, dunno how I'll cope if it happens to me! Is there any chance you could see someone earlier? Especially if it's making you feel rubbish. I'm sure no one will think you're wasting their time, it must be so stressful xxx

I think I've made it worse for myself as SIL an my sister have all delivered early! SIL never going past 38 weeks!! :-(

I think I've chilled out a bit today - might be cos no1 is around me and I'm just pottering about!
Cleaned my bathroom (to my new pregnancy standard!!) and have hoovered up some crumbs from snacks I've eaten lol xx

I was looking at the panda stuff in Next and it's so cute :) although I love all the pink stuff I prefer Girly patterns in other colours, greens, blues etc.

Did go out and buy a few little suits today and a little dress - felt amazing to finally be shopping for her :)

Have any of you got ideas on prams? I really liked the cossato giggle, but have read a lot of bad reviews... Now thinking silvercross but just don't know!

We quite like the Mothercare Orb, we've looked at loads but it's still the one we like :)

I was looking at the panda stuff in Next and it's so cute :) although I love all the pink stuff I prefer Girly patterns in other colours, greens, blues etc. Did go out and buy a few little suits today and a little dress - felt amazing to finally be shopping for her :) Have any of you got ideas on prams? I really liked the cossato giggle, but have read a lot of bad reviews... Now thinking silvercross but just don't know!

We were looking at the cosatto giggle but apparently there are issues with the front wheel falling off which put us off of course! They're so pretty thought :( We're getting an oyster with a carrycot to go with in either purple or jade, it's nice and small and light so it'll be great for us as we don't drive and need a pram we can fit into a bus bay easily. The silver cross prams look lovely but they're too big for us because of the bus thing and also they're too wide for the entrance hallway to our house! We've had right issues picking a pram lol ;) x

I feel useless!! Hubby and I went to mamas and papas one day and got the furniture, Moses basket, pram, car seat...the lot!!
They did a money back guarantee for if we change our mind but we didn't. All we wanted was a red one!! Lol.

We practiced folding it and stuff but then just agreed and ordered it. Lol. Hubby did have a look online at others after but everyone has their own opinion no matter which u go for!!

Ours is the moove :)

Attachments

• image-2782387439.jpg
    image-2782387439.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 58
Update to bump list

Cai - 3rd October
Mama bear - 16th October
Kez - 10th December
Missy1978 - 14th December
ILoveCake- 15th January
Pjallen1982- 20th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Dougal1983- 18th May

Another update! :) Love how I'm moving down the list lol ;)

Cai - 3rd October
Mama bear - 16th October
rjg123 - 26th Oct
Bunnylovesalan - 28th October
Kez - 10 December
ILoveCake- 15th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Dougal1983- 18th May

I feel useless!! Hubby and I went to mamas and papas one day and got the furniture, Moses basket, pram, car seat...the lot!! They did a money back guarantee for if we change our mind but we didn't. All we wanted was a red one!! Lol. We practiced folding it and stuff but then just agreed and ordered it. Lol. Hubby did have a look online at others after but everyone has their own opinion no matter which u go for!! Ours is the moove :)

Why not, it's probably best to do it all in one go and get it sorted! I've ended up with option paralysis. ;) I love the colour of the moove pram, I really wanted red too but had compromise with purple or teal with husband lol!

We've been lucky tbh - the joy of having kids years later after all your friends is that they a tonne of baby stuff to offload on you ;) So we have had second hand clothes by the bagful, a baby bath, moses basket, bouncy chair and cot donated to us. We've bought clothes, toys, blankets, baby monitor and stuff but we've been so lucky really. Mum and the in laws are sorting out the pram and car seat for us as a pressie which is amazing! We're not buying furniture as baby's not having his own room straight away and tbh I don't think I could cope with looking at a ready done nursery before he's here - recipe for panic! :/ So we've not much left to get really, just got to get a few more bits of clothes once he arrives, the baby monitor and the pram to order.

Lol- when I was at the midwife I had to get my leg out ( I was complaining of pains) and I said 'oh I should have shaved them' and she laughed said he is used to it... Which is a good job cos I haven't been able to see many other places that could do with a shave / trim! I'm just assuming they have seen it all before and that's about it! ;-)

I'm thinking tomorrow I am going to do my ginger nails :) def can't reach my toe nails but they do have shellac on them so they look acceptable lol xx

Cai - 3rd October
Mama bear - 16th October
rjg123 - 26th Oct
Bunnylovesalan - 28th October
Kez - 10 December
ILoveCake- 15th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Sophie1980 - 20th March
Dougal1983- 18th May

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I introduced myself as I've not been around to post.
I'm 16-4, due 20th march with baby no. 2. I have a little boy who is nearly 18 months old, called Finlay. And I will hopefully be finding out if I'm pink or blue at the end of the month.
Rejoining group on weds as not gained any weight yet but slowly getting my appetite back and don't want to gain much weight (put on 4 stone with Finlay), so will be on here for support and advice xxx

My god, this morning sickness is horrendous!
Been throwing up for the last 24 hours, keeping nothing down! Off to docs shortly to see if there's anything she can give me as I'm feeling very weak and can't stand up for long, before feeling faint :(

Back