Pregnancy and Slimming World

My god, this morning sickness is horrendous! Been throwing up for the last 24 hours, keeping nothing down! Off to docs shortly to see if there's anything she can give me as I'm feeling very weak and can't stand up for long, before feeling faint :(

Morning sickness is awful :-(
Dry food like crackers and breadsticks are the best to try. I found that if I got too hungry it was worse so literally had to eat all the time!

Hopefully doctors will give u something's for it tho, I didn't go to the doctors but I've heard others get something with calms the tummy down and looks good :).
Let us know know it goes x

My god, this morning sickness is horrendous!
Been throwing up for the last 24 hours, keeping nothing down! Off to docs shortly to see if there's anything she can give me as I'm feeling very weak and can't stand up for long, before feeling faint :(

Yup.. As Cai says don't leave yerself to get hungry.. Although eating is probably the last thing you feel like doing, eat! Have 2 slices of wholemeal toast.. Even if it takes an hour to eat them.. Keep food plan n simple so as not to eat something that triggers it..
Eat little and often and hopefully you can keep it at bay..

Cai - 3rd October
Mama bear - 16th October
rjg123 - 26th Oct
Bunnylovesalan - 28th October
Kez - 10 December
Missy1978 - 14th December
ILoveCake- 15th January
Pjallen1982- 20th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Sophie1980 - 20th March
Dougal1983- 18th May

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I introduced myself as I've not been around to post.
I'm 16-4, due 20th march with baby no. 2. I have a little boy who is nearly 18 months old, called Finlay. And I will hopefully be finding out if I'm pink or blue at the end of the month.
Rejoining group on weds as not gained any weight yet but slowly getting my appetite back and don't want to gain much weight (put on 4 stone with Finlay), so will be on here for support and advice xxx

Nearly popped off without welcoming and congratulating you.. Sorry..
Well... Welcome to the forum :) and congratz on your second pregnancy.. You're in great company here :)

Yup.. As Cai says don't leave yerself to get hungry.. Although eating is probably the last thing you feel like doing, eat! Have 2 slices of wholemeal toast.. Even if it takes an hour to eat them.. Keep food plan n simple so as not to eat something that triggers it.. Eat little and often and hopefully you can keep it at bay..
Can definitely third the advice about eating often! I felt 10 times worse if I was hungry. Marmite on toast was the best thing for me and I found that salty dry things like crisps and crackers worked really well. Never mind SW, when you feel that ill it's just about survival. If it carries on get thee to a doctor though, just to make sure that it's definitely ms and not a bug or something. Like Cai said they can give you stuff to calm the sickness down that's ok for baby. Hope you're feeling better soon xxx

Sorry - just re/read and saw you're going to docs! Hope they can help you feel better :) x

Ooh and hi Sophie - congrats on baby no 2! A lot of us are first timers here so I'm sure we'll be grateful for the company of more experienced mummies xxx

WI this mornign and up again.. So a total of 3.4lb.. I know its for the best reason ever but its horrible seeing the number INcrease when i'm being good (with the exception of the Maccy D's I had last week :D)

It's hard to see isn't it, even when you know that putting on weight is healthy right now. If it's any consolation you are doing far better than me! At 20 weeks I had gained a stone already so a tiny gain like that is fabulous xxx

It's hard to see isn't it, even when you know that putting on weight is healthy right now. If it's any consolation you are doing far better than me! At 20 weeks I had gained a stone already so a tiny gain like that is fabulous xxx

I know... But as I've a good 2 stone to lose myself (before getting pregnant) I was hoping to at least maintain.. There's no reason I can't lose while baby gains which would mean the scales remaining the same... I understand when you're a "normal" weight you HAVE to gain... But technically... I don't...

I know... But as I've a good 2 stone to lose myself (before getting pregnant) I was hoping to at least maintain.. There's no reason I can't lose while baby gains which would mean the scales remaining the same... I understand when you're a "normal" weight you HAVE to gain... But technically... I don't...

Me too - I still had 3/4 stone to go before getting into a healthy BMI which was my target. Tbh I've just got to the point where I'm thinking that I'll probably only be pregnant once and I've worked bloody hard to get here so I'm going up enjoy it! Not too much but a little mucking about with the diet won't hurt for a while. Plus even if I do gain 3 stone (which is how it's looking), 1.5 stone of that should go pretty quickly post baby. So then it's just 1.5 stone to get back to where I was pre-preg which isn't that much.

I should be doing what you are really, I know I could have maintained if I'd tried harder early on. But I didn't so there's no point beating myself up about it now. Pregnancy for me has been a pretty scary and stressful time so there is an element of comfort eating too if I'm honest.

A little gain like that will go so quickly post baby, you could even wind up lighter! I reckon if you gain anything up to a stone you could come out lighter post baby... x

Welcome Sophie!!!! :)

Dub chick! Definitely eat! Even if you're sick after it will sort of help. At one point I was living on weetabix 3/4 times a day.

The weight is a burden for us all, I was 8st12lb down but now I'm 2-2.5st in reverse! Not helped be eating like a sparrow to keep the weight off so now my body thinks its having a fat storage party!

I'm chilled and going to enjoy the treats while still making mostly good choices. I know how to lose weight so it'll come off again in good time. And this is my 5th and last baby so I won't have to do this again and I'll spend my life on a diet!

So update! My husband knows the sex!!!! At least this way I'll have pink or blue items for my hospital bag (he'll have to wrap them up well! :) he's grinning all the time so he's happy. But I'd eat my own socks if this baby isn't pink! I've had two boys and two girls and I just know! I may even pick up a pink outfit and see how he reacts!

Welcome Sophie, morning ladies!
I haven't weighed myself since about 29 week's when I was2.5st up!! Yikes!! So I'm fearing it'll be closer to 4 by the time these 2 little pumpkins arrive - yikes! Could cry!! I do know about a stone of that will be babies, maybe close to the same again in placenta, blood loss and fluid. Can't blame my fat ass on any of that though. Even though I've struggled with my weight my entire life I actually don't mind that much now, getting my babies here safe and well is my big priority. The weight can be shifted later (remind me of this when I'm crying about it come December!)

Had a bit of a scare ish last night. I was on the go all day yesterday, own fault, and when I sat down to have my tea my legs swelled rapidly. I've had bad odeama pretty much since about 16 week's but this was ridiculous - swelling from the knees down. DH made me lie on the floor with my feet on the chair and called the midwife. She'd given me some wee sticks so did a quick check and there was no protein in my urine or headache thank goodness. Been for BP check this morning and it wad fine. She said it's just the fluid from the increased amount of blood in my system now pooling - put on semi bed rest!! Good job I'd been prepared and have everything pretty much ready for arrival!!

Hope everyone is well!

Rach

I know all you ladies are 100% right and I tell other girls the same thing when its them having this dilemma... I know I've gained only a small amount and its only right that I get some gains... I know all this but I get help get upset/annoyed over it...
Please don't anyway get me wrong... 100% most important thing is baby gets all its needs to grow nice n healthy in there I'd never cut back food or not have a meal in the hope of losing weight.. baby is paramount!! I know i'm not over eating etc coz I track on MFP.. (Only reason for tracking is to make sure i'm getting enough food for baby) So I think its knowing I've not been a pig but seeing the numbers go up regardless.. Obviously I know its coz baby is growing etc and I just need to get over it.. As you all say, I know how to lose weight and there's plenty of time for that when baby gets here... And I know that.. That's why its so annoying... I'll have a mope today and get back to normal tomoro.. Think I may have to ditch the scales for a couple of months

I think I've gained about a stone and a half at nearly 22 weeks :( around 6lbs of that was due to fertility drugs/treatment and it just never went!

I'm also trying not to get too stressed about it, like I love cake said j think a lot of it is because I was eating smaller portions and exercising more before and I'm hoping when I've had baby my body will have a good kick start. I don't want to gain much more tho because I was already a good stone overweight!

Welcome Sophie!! :)

I think I've gained about a stone and a half at nearly 22 weeks :( around 6lbs of that was due to fertility drugs/treatment and it just never went!

I'm also trying not to get too stressed about it, like I love cake said j think a lot of it is because I was eating smaller portions and exercising more before and I'm hoping when I've had baby my body will have a good kick start. I don't want to gain much more tho because I was already a good stone overweight!

Welcome Sophie!! :)
Yea I had gained back 7lb of what I'd lost before getting pregnant due to fertility meds too... But which brought me back from 11st 13.5lb to 12st 6.5lb on day of getting BFP.. So I've that to contend with too... But am only counting from BFP weight to now :( Its all for a great cause I know and I wouldn't change it for the world... Its just hard to see...
But... Have come to the decision, and have "written" it in my thread so its contract now (lol) I'm only gona weigh when I reach 2nd Trimester and due date.. And not in between.. I'll still track my food on MFP so I know i'm eating enough, as well as not too much and just keep eating what i'm eating.. Coz foodwise, 90/95% of the time is good healthy options, i'm doing OK...

I was a stone away from my "first goal".. First goal being to get into a healthy BMI weight range.. Then second goal would be to get into the centre of that, so at least another stone...

Cai - 3rd October
Mama bear - 16th October
rjg123 - 26th Oct
Bunnylovesalan - 28th October
Kez - 10 December
Missy1978 - 14th December
ILoveCake- 15th January
Pjallen1982- 20th January
Nellylou - 14th February
Dubchick - 18th February
Danni - 25th February
Sophie1980 - 20th March
Dougal1983- 18th May

Thanks for all the advice ladies.
Well I went to docs in quite a state (I threw up 15 mins before my appt- I only live 5 mins so made it in time just!) and she's prescribed me with Cyclizine.
Any one else had them?
Have to take 3 times a day and I've taken 2 already and I feel better!
Popped to Tesco to get my prescription (I love not having to pay!) and whilst there, I picked up Jacob's cream crackers and McVitie's Digestives and they are doing the trick!
Tempted to put some Flora on the crackers as they are so dry on their own, but don't want to upset my tummy again.

Re: weight gain in pg- I hopped on scales this morning and I was 10st 12.8lbs which is out of target range!
It's clearly down to yesterday so I'm sure it'll go up by WI tomorrow!

I'm not following SW one little bit at the moment- it's too difficult with MS but as long as I get to 12 weeks without going out of target range (at top end, which is 11st 6lbs) I'll be happy.
As soon as MS has buggered off I'll get back to SW properly, as although I'm not too worried about how much I gain, I don't want to gain too much!
If I finish PG with no more than 2 stone gain, I'll be chuffed!
If it's more? Ah well, I know how to lose it!

4 weeks tomorrow until first scan eek!
Right now, I'd like to fall asleep and wake up on November 6th :)

So so excited!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better Dougal, I never had to take anything as I was fortunately not that vomit-y (although the nausea was pretty much constant for about 6 weeks) but the only things that made the nausea go were dry, salty snacky things. I found salty popcorn to be really good too and not too unhealthy! Crackers sound like a good option, much healthier than the salt and vinegar crisps and mountains of toast that I lived on ;)

Cake - omg, how are you gonna cope now he knows? I'd have to know now if I were you! You're a brave woman lol ;)

Rjg - that does sound scary, hope you're well rested now!

Me? Had a horrible day at work today, so busy and half the office was off sick. I only got half my lunch break which didn't help then I had to leave early for midwife appt, which my boss forgot about and he dropped a tonne of work on me 15 minutes before I had to go. Ended up leaving late and having to speed crutch it up to my appointment! I'm getting so frustrated with work now, maybe I'm just paranoid but I swear people think I'm putting it all on for sympathy or something. I just keep telling myself that I only have 4 weeks and 3 days left - it's not exactly flying by at the moment though! My feet are massive, my hands aren't much better and I'm sleep deprived, in pain with my hips and generally grumpy. Just had tea cooked for me at mums though which was wonderful and v healthy too (veggie cottage pie, cooked SW friendly!) so that makes me happy :)

Hope you're all well ladies xxx

Question for second or more time mummies/ladies further along than me - is reflux in the third tri a common thing? I'm prone to it anyway (was taking omeprozole pre-preg) and I had problems with it early on in pregnancy: I think my penance for not throwing up much was my IBS symptoms going crazy!

I had a few months off but now it seems to be coming back :/ Not impressed! I'm guessing it's going to be squished stomach related but not sure what to do about it other than try to eat more smaller meals - any other ideas? I'm not getting much in the way of heartburn thank goodness but the reflux is starting to get annoying! x

Back