Pregnancy and Slimming World

Oh I can't wait to get out of here either.. But seen as we've such a short time off I want it all with baby.. I'll also add annual leave and BH entitlement to the end so I have a little longer with him/her...

I get heartburn too but only really when am hungry...
A glass of milk usually gets rid of mine but recenetly been told milk actually makes it worse coz your body has to create more acid to break down the milk..... But it works for me so that's my remedy :)

With Finlay I planned to start maternity 1 week before due date then take all 4 weeks holiday before, which I just about managed. I had a kidney infection, about 2 weeks before my holiday started, this started early labour so was kept in hospital overnight to monitor, luckily labour stopped and Finlay was born on due date. But I had to cut my hours down at work as couldn't manage full time.
Now I only work 16 hrs a week in the evening so hoping to go as close to dye date as possible xxx

I wish I could go now! Well technically I could but I want max time off with baby once he's here as I won't be able to take a full year off and it's looking like I'll have to go back to work full time. But then again it's about what I can manage now and I can manage much less than I could a few weeks ago. I feel hideous today and am so wishing I was on mat leave! Could kill for a nap :/

I'm quite fortunate that my holiday year goes Feb-Jan so I've got to take all 2014's entitlement before I go on maternity leave in May!
When I go back, it'll be the new holiday year so I'll have my full entitlement still to take!
I'm taking 39 weeks mat leave, for me 14 weeks of that is full pay then it goes to statutory for rest of it.
John Lewis are very generous with their mat leave so I'm very lucky :)

I'm quite fortunate that my holiday year goes Feb-Jan so I've got to take all 2014's entitlement before I go on maternity leave in May! When I go back, it'll be the new holiday year so I'll have my full entitlement still to take! I'm taking 39 weeks mat leave, for me 14 weeks of that is full pay then it goes to statutory for rest of it. John Lewis are very generous with their mat leave so I'm very lucky :)

That's really good! Ours starts jan so I'll have a years worth when I go back at least but means I have to take two weeks now. We only get statutory so 6 weeks at 90% and then the rest at £135 or however much it is. We can use keep in touch days though to pop into work whilst on mat leave though which you get full pay for so I'm gonna try to take a few of them! It's unfortunate that I earn more than my husband so we'll be pretty poor while I'm off until he gets a better job :(

Didn't you say tho he got a call about better one?? So fingers crossed :) x

Yeah, last night! He missed the call but he has to call someone tonight between 5 and 9 to discuss so fingers crossed... ;)

Yeah, last night! He missed the call but he has to call someone tonight between 5 and 9 to discuss so fingers crossed... ;)

ooh fingers crossed for you and your hubby :D x

I'm only part time anyway (29 hours) so I will most likely go back to work for 2 days, 16 hours a week as I think you have to work 16 hours to get the tax benefit?
Does anyone know how the child tax credit and tax credit works? I looked on the government website but I'm confused lol!

I think we don't get as much as hubby is self employed and earns £25k a year?

I'm only part time anyway (29 hours) so I will most likely go back to work for 2 days, 16 hours a week as I think you have to work 16 hours to get the tax benefit? Does anyone know how the child tax credit and tax credit works? I looked on the government website but I'm confused lol! I think we don't get as much as hubby is self employed and earns £25k a year?

I believe it's all in the process of changing with the universal credits coming in. Tbh I've not looked into it properly yet, that's a job for mat leave! I believe it depends on what you earn so I would imagine that if your husband earns good money you'll get less in benefits. It's not a massive amount but it all helps. Don't forget child benefit too - £20 a week is £20! ;)

I'm only part time anyway (29 hours) so I will most likely go back to work for 2 days, 16 hours a week as I think you have to work 16 hours to get the tax benefit?
Does anyone know how the child tax credit and tax credit works? I looked on the government website but I'm confused lol!

I think we don't get as much as hubby is self employed and earns £25k a year?

As soon as you have baby you will have to call them up and they will send you the forms to fill in. Its important to get them filled in asap because they only backdate up to 1 month from when they receive the forms. On the form they usually take details of both you and your otherhalf and employment details, from the top of my head i think they take the previous tax years income and work out entitlement from that. This website is good for a rough idea of what you will be entitled to HMRC Tax Credits - Tax credits calculator, Tax credits calculator
x

That's really useful Safia, thank you! After a quick add up, it appears that we are entitled to a little short of bog all lol ;) Which I was expecting tbh as we were entitled to similarly bog all when I was unemployed, despite husband being on a low income and me being the main wage earner of the house. We'll live! Somehow... He has a decent looking job to apply for now so hoping that'll come through for us!

That's really useful Safia, thank you! After a quick add up, it appears that we are entitled to a little short of bog all lol ;) Which I was expecting tbh as we were entitled to similarly bog all when I was unemployed, despite husband being on a low income and me being the main wage earner of the house. We'll live! Somehow... He has a decent looking job to apply for now so hoping that'll come through for us!

Same situation here hun plus every year if my husband gets a good bonus we end up owing them as they work out income from previous year! This year i gave them a higher estimation of income so if anything they will owe us. Fingers crossed that job comes through for your hubby.
How did your hv visit go x

Same situation here hun plus every year if my husband gets a good bonus we end up owing them as they work out income from previous year! This year i gave them a higher estimation of income so if anything they will owe us. Fingers crossed that job comes through for your hubby. How did your hv visit go x

It'll be difficult to work out for me cos it says from April '12 to April '13 and I've had two jobs during that time with a £3.5k difference in pay! Getting bonuses makes it so hard, when I worked in retail a couple of the girls used to actually refuse to be in the bonus scheme cos it just made things harder with child benefit. It's crap that earning more and trying to be self-sufficient should leave you worse off in reality but that's how it appears to be :/

HV was fine - nothing to worry about! She did bring up my MH issues but said that all it'll mean is that I'll get a few extra visits at the start to make sure we're coping ok. I'm more than happy with that, the more help the better! She seemed really nice so hopefully we'll get on ok ;) x

Thanks for that Safia- I'll take a look later.
Although I'm worried as although I don't earn much, I get a bonus every year (John Lewis, you've probably heard about it on tv) which is always really good!
Plus hubby gets a lot of extras as he's self employed.
I agree Missy- it's totally unfair that being self sufficient means you get naff all when u need the help.
Grrr don't get me started on the benefits system lol it takes me a long time to get off my soapbox haha!

Completly un-pregnancy related but I'm taking my darling girl, Penny (Golden Retriever) to the vets to be spayed this morning and I feel like a bad mother!
I know its for her own good (and ours) and we need both (we have a little Jack Russell, Rosie, as well) before baby is here but I feel guilty!

Have a feeling I'll end up eating crap whilst I wait to hear that's she's ok!!

In other news, my appetite has increased and its crisps doing the trick! Wotsits are becoming the new fave- I ate 3 bags last night!!
Oh and chocolate buttons... Yum yum yum!
I'm 9 weeks today and I can't believe how quick it's going!

How's eveyone else today? X

It'll be difficult to work out for me cos it says from April '12 to April '13 and I've had two jobs during that time with a £3.5k difference in pay! Getting bonuses makes it so hard, when I worked in retail a couple of the girls used to actually refuse to be in the bonus scheme cos it just made things harder with child benefit. It's crap that earning more and trying to be self-sufficient should leave you worse off in reality but that's how it appears to be :/

HV was fine - nothing to worry about! She did bring up my MH issues but said that all it'll mean is that I'll get a few extra visits at the start to make sure we're coping ok. I'm more than happy with that, the more help the better! She seemed really nice so hopefully we'll get on ok ;) x

My husband is in retail, he works for john lewis and i've just realised because of their mess up with holiday pay its likely it will push up our income and meet or go over what we've told tax credits urgghh!
Good to hear the hv was nice, those hv visits make a real difference especially with a first born even if its just someone to talk to who know what your going through x

Thanks for that Safia- I'll take a look later.
Although I'm worried as although I don't earn much, I get a bonus every year (John Lewis, you've probably heard about it on tv) which is always really good!
Plus hubby gets a lot of extras as he's self employed.
I agree Missy- it's totally unfair that being self sufficient means you get naff all when u need the help.
Grrr don't get me started on the benefits system lol it takes me a long time to get off my soapbox haha!

Completly un-pregnancy related but I'm taking my darling girl, Penny (Golden Retriever) to the vets to be spayed this morning and I feel like a bad mother!
I know its for her own good (and ours) and we need both (we have a little Jack Russell, Rosie, as well) before baby is here but I feel guilty!

Have a feeling I'll end up eating crap whilst I wait to hear that's she's ok!!

In other news, my appetite has increased and its crisps doing the trick! Wotsits are becoming the new fave- I ate 3 bags last night!!
Oh and chocolate buttons... Yum yum yum!
I'm 9 weeks today and I can't believe how quick it's going!

How's eveyone else today? X

My hubby works for john lewis x

Thanks for that Safia- I'll take a look later. Although I'm worried as although I don't earn much, I get a bonus every year (John Lewis, you've probably heard about it on tv) which is always really good! Plus hubby gets a lot of extras as he's self employed. I agree Missy- it's totally unfair that being self sufficient means you get naff all when u need the help. Grrr don't get me started on the benefits system lol it takes me a long time to get off my soapbox haha! Completly un-pregnancy related but I'm taking my darling girl, Penny (Golden Retriever) to the vets to be spayed this morning and I feel like a bad mother! I know its for her own good (and ours) and we need both (we have a little Jack Russell, Rosie, as well) before baby is here but I feel guilty! Have a feeling I'll end up eating crap whilst I wait to hear that's she's ok!! In other news, my appetite has increased and its crisps doing the trick! Wotsits are becoming the new fave- I ate 3 bags last night!! Oh and chocolate buttons... Yum yum yum! I'm 9 weeks today and I can't believe how quick it's going! How's eveyone else today? X

Aw, I'm sure she'll be ok x You do feel bad though, I know I did when we had to take boy cat to the vets for nuts off time! He's forgiven is though and we are having snuggles as we speak, he's such a little teddy bear <3

I went mental for crisps - salt and vinegar seabrooks were my early preg fave which then moved onto walkers (no other brand would do!) prawn cocktail. I could still destroy packets of them but trying to control my crisp urges lol! It was all crisps, marmite on toast, pretzels, popcorn, olives, cheese, bagels - basically anything savoury and salty. My chocolatey sweet tooth went and didn't come back until about 16 weeks, I remember having a kitkat at about 13 weeks and being upset cos it tasted so bad lol. The only sweet stuff I could have was really sharp fruit sweets, had a mega skittles phase at one point! It's crazy what pregnancy can do to your tastes...

31 weeks today for us! So that's somewhere between 7 and 11 weeks left right? Trying not to think too much about due date as I know it'll only stress me out more. Baby is nice and active this morning and I'm enjoying a rare lie in with husband and kittehs ;) Glad it's going fast for you, my first 12 weeks crawled! I was an anxiety fuelled mess though, after for trying for so long I was convinced that something would go wrong!

Ooh and we now have a pram! So excited and be grateful to my lovely mum for sorting it out for us <3 Didn't get the purple one in the end as was out of stock til December but we got a gorgeous aqua colour instead. So now all we need to do is get the Moses basket and cot from Cheshire to our house somehow, buy more little bits and bobs (need muslin clothes, another pramsuit, more sheets for basket etc) and the only big things left are the baby monitor and a chest of draws to keep all his many clothes in lol.

Now I just need to pack my hospital bag...

Attachments

• image-4228218006.jpg
    image-4228218006.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 43
Yeh I am trying to limit how many crisps I eat (she says with hand inside first bag of the day!) but its difficult as they do the trick!

Safia- that's a good point about the John Lewis holiday pay-off, I had forgotten about that. I got a rather large sum as I used to work Sundays.
I assume they took the bonus into consideration too?

Back