Pregnancy and Slimming World

Yeh I am trying to limit how many crisps I eat (she says with hand inside first bag of the day!) but its difficult as they do the trick! Safia- that's a good point about the John Lewis holiday pay-off, I had forgotten about that. I got a rather large sum as I used to work Sundays. I assume they took the bonus into consideration too?

If they do the trick - eat them! It's hard enough trying to find things you can stomach in early preg and hopefully you'll only be feeling awful for a few more weeks. Once I got to about 14-16 weeks I felt better enough that I could start introducing food I'd gone off back into my diet. I was awful until then, I lived on bread, pizza and crisps and couldn't stomach veg unless it was boiled to death and salad was totally out. It's not ideal but hopefully it won't be for long - just do what you need to until you start to feel better xxx

Yeh I am trying to limit how many crisps I eat (she says with hand inside first bag of the day!) but its difficult as they do the trick!

Safia- that's a good point about the John Lewis holiday pay-off, I had forgotten about that. I got a rather large sum as I used to work Sundays.
I assume they took the bonus into consideration too?

Probably did, he got quite a bit too last month but has had another letter last week saying he's owed more and will be payed that within the next 3 months! Atleast they've put their hands up and paying back whats owed. The partnership discount came in very handy when doing baby shopping especially with the pushchair x

Probably did, he got quite a bit too last month but has had another letter last week saying he's owed more and will be payed that within the next 3 months! Atleast they've put their hands up and paying back whats owed. The partnership discount came in very handy when doing baby shopping especially with the pushchair x
Yeh I hadn't even realised that they had done anything wrong until I got a really large pay packet and saw it said holiday pay something and investigated further and found out what happened! So it was a nice surprise.

Yeh I've already seen things in John Lewis that I want for baby and already planning a pre-Xmas trip to Westfield with hubby :)

If they do the trick - eat them! It's hard enough trying to find things you can stomach in early preg and hopefully you'll only be feeling awful for a few more weeks. Once I got to about 14-16 weeks I felt better enough that I could start introducing food I'd gone off back into my diet. I was awful until then, I lived on bread, pizza and crisps and couldn't stomach veg unless it was boiled to death and salad was totally out. It's not ideal but hopefully it won't be for long - just do what you need to until you start to feel better xxx
It's savoury all the way for me too- cheese and crackers work, pork pies, pizza, etc.
Bread not so much and chocolate I still enjoy but it's not my first choice for a snack (which is a shock as I'm a choc-a holic normally!)
I can't stomach fruit at all, in any form. Veg- so so.
Oh and I made some potato wedges the other night and wow I couldn't get enough!
Hubby couldn't believe it when I choose a bag of McCoys over a Curly Wurly the other day! X

Yeh I am trying to limit how many crisps I eat (she says with hand inside first bag of the day!) but its difficult as they do the trick!

Safia- that's a good point about the John Lewis holiday pay-off, I had forgotten about that. I got a rather large sum as I used to work Sundays.
I assume they took the bonus into consideration too?

Based on what you're eating I'd be guessing boy! Good way to test the old wives tale.

Hi girls!

I'm washing my girl clothes today. I'm still convinced its a pinkie. At least it'll either be ready to sell/donate or use when baby arrives. So much pinkness!

I hope you're all having a lazy weekend.

Based on what you're eating I'd be guessing boy! Good way to test the old wives tale.
That's interesting as everyone who knows has said girl, I think girl and my best friend has had 2 girls and craved salty and savoury with both!

It's savoury all the way for me too- cheese and crackers work, pork pies, pizza, etc. Bread not so much and chocolate I still enjoy but it's not my first choice for a snack (which is a shock as I'm a choc-a holic normally!) I can't stomach fruit at all, in any form. Veg- so so. Oh and I made some potato wedges the other night and wow I couldn't get enough! Hubby couldn't believe it when I choose a bag of McCoys over a Curly Wurly the other day! X

You sound like me! Except I didn't have as much of the chucking up, just the all day nausea. But yeah, crazy on savoury stuff and I still am. The difference now is that I can fancy a jacket potato or pasta salad rather than giving in to pizza. I did get back into chocolate in the end but it took a while! x

That's interesting as everyone who knows has said girl, I think girl and my best friend has had 2 girls and craved salty and savoury with both!

I've had 2 of each my girl pgs were very different to my boys. However I'll end up with egg on my face if mines a boy lol. I'm confident though.

There's only one way to be sure, it's just fun guessing until you have your scan. Will you find out the sex or stay team yellow?

I've had 2 of each my girl pgs were very different to my boys. However I'll end up with egg on my face if mines a boy lol. I'm confident though.

There's only one way to be sure, it's just fun guessing until you have your scan. Will you find out the sex or stay team yellow?
Originally we was going to stay team yellow but I really want to know! So I'm guessing we will find out, unless I suddenly had the willpower to say no when they ask!!
I had a dream it's a girl, I could picture her and everything! Mum, sister, Nan, best friend, MIL and hubby's best friend (who's been very accurate at predicting these things!) all think girl!
20 weeks for me falls on December 28th (unless my dates change at 12 week scan), I'm actually looking forward to the 20 week scan more than I am Xmas at the moment!

A couple of questions for you girls:

When did your bump start showing?
When did you start buying anything baby-related?

Originally we was going to stay team yellow but I really want to know! So I'm guessing we will find out, unless I suddenly had the willpower to say no when they ask!!
I had a dream it's a girl, I could picture her and everything! Mum, sister, Nan, best friend, MIL and hubby's best friend (who's been very accurate at predicting these things!) all think girl!
20 weeks for me falls on December 28th (unless my dates change at 12 week scan), I'm actually looking forward to the 20 week scan more than I am Xmas at the moment!

I know what you mean bring on the scan already! You could cheat at 16 weeks and have a cheapy baby bond gender scan (£39 I think). Depends how desperate you are to know lol.

My guess is a boy. But it sounds like I'm completely in the minority lol. Boy or girl it'll be a gorgeous bundle of love.

A couple of questions for you girls: When did your bump start showing? When did you start buying anything baby-related?

I was about 16 weeks when I could tell and 18 when other people started to notice! 18 weeks picture attached.

Didn't buy a thing other than one little babygro until post 20 weeks, not because of getting the right colours but because I was so paranoid about something going wrong! Then I realised I'd never buy anything if I carried on like that so just kinda went for it ;)

Btw - Cake said boy to me early on and she was right! The savoury craving was the giveaway apparently ;) I think Cai was the same from memory... ooooh wonder how she's getting on? Hopefully her boy's here by now! x

Attachments

• image-4062346509.jpg
    image-4062346509.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 67
That's interesting re. the sex of baby as my best friend had the savoury cravings and she has 2 girls and she's convinced mine is too as I'm having almost identical cravings to her!

I wouldn't want to pay for a scan personally- I'll wait until 20 weeks although I'm hoping cos its falls between Xmas and new year they may do it before Xmas when I'm 19 weeks!

I wonder how soon I'll show? Is it true that if you were slim pre-pregnancy you'll show sooner?
I keep seeing loads of cute stuff I wanna buy but Mum said don't buy anything until after 12 week scan!
I feel a Primark shopping spree coming on next month!

Crikey yes Cai!!!!!! Good luck Cai!!!!! I hope she's ok and it's all well under way.

A new baby coming for us to awww over! :-D

Makes me feel like I have butterflies in my belly, so excited for her.

That's interesting re. the sex of baby as my best friend had the savoury cravings and she has 2 girls and she's convinced mine is too as I'm having almost identical cravings to her!

I wouldn't want to pay for a scan personally- I'll wait until 20 weeks although I'm hoping cos its falls between Xmas and new year they may do it before Xmas when I'm 19 weeks!

I wonder how soon I'll show? Is it true that if you were slim pre-pregnancy you'll show sooner?
I keep seeing loads of cute stuff I wanna buy but Mum said don't buy anything until after 12 week scan!
I feel a Primark shopping spree coming on next month!

Primark is so cheap for baby socks etc! I've never bought any of their grows or vests. I didn't buy until after 12 weeks either.

You're slim so you'll have a gorgeous neat bump!

Primark is so cheap for baby socks etc! I've never bought any of their grows or vests. I didn't buy until after 12 weeks either.

You're slim so you'll have a gorgeous neat bump!
I used to work for Primark (many years ago) so I remember how cheap all the baby stuff was.
And George at Asda is good too, I'm itching to shop for baby!

I saw a gorgeous little top for a girl that says "Mummy's little princess" in Tesco and I was like 'Aww'! I really wanted to buy it!

Thanks, I want to have a good bump so that this all seems real! I think cos we haven't seen baby yet it's still quite hard to believe!

You'll look fab Dougal, I think smaller women do show quicker as mine was obsured by fat for weeks! I had lost nearly six stone but was still overweight when I fell pregnant and have a lot of loose skin. So my bump looks great in clothes but not without :( And it definitely ain't neat!

Primark socks, oh yes! We've bought packets for £1.50 each. They have muslin squares and dribble bibs for cheap too. Not impressed with the clothes though, they are either white (boring!) or very traditional pink and blue for new baby stuff. You know me and my dislike of pink and blue lol ;) The specific baby boys clothes are really drab - all dark coloured jeans and shirts and there's hardly any choice compared to the girls clothes. I want a rainbow coloured baby! Love all the brights :D

You'll look fab Dougal, I think smaller women do show quicker as mine was obsured by fat for weeks! I had lost nearly six stone but was still overweight when I fell pregnant and have a lot of loose skin. So my bump looks great in clothes but not without :( And it definitely ain't neat!

Primark socks, oh yes! We've bought packets for £1.50 each. They have muslin squares and dribble bibs for cheap too. Not impressed with the clothes though, they are either white (boring!) or very traditional pink and blue for new baby stuff. You know me and my dislike of pink and blue lol ;) The specific baby boys clothes are really drab - all dark coloured jeans and shirts and there's hardly any choice compared to the girls clothes. I want a rainbow coloured baby! Love all the brights :D

Now see I love all the delicate pinks and blues. I bought this....but only because its an Asda outfit and I know that once they're gone they're gone.

image-1696187351.jpg

I just couldn't resist. Plus I was testing dh to see if he'd stop me (he knows the sex). I got nothing from him lol!

Dougal once you are close to knowing the gender you could buy things and take the risk places like Asda are good for swopping items.

I used to work for Primark (many years ago) so I remember how cheap all the baby stuff was.
And George at Asda is good too, I'm itching to shop for baby!

I saw a gorgeous little top for a girl that says "Mummy's little princess" in Tesco and I was like 'Aww'! I really wanted to buy it!

Thanks, I want to have a good bump so that this all seems real! I think cos we haven't seen baby yet it's still quite hard to believe!

It's so frustrating being team yellow. I'm the same all the gorgeous items I see and I can't be absolutely sure. But if you love it you should get it, you could always eBay it or keep it to give as a gift.

Back