Pregnancy and Slimming World

Now see I love all the delicate pinks and blues. I bought this....but only because its an Asda outfit and I know that once they're gone they're gone.

View attachment 110090

I just couldn't resist. Plus I was testing dh to see if he'd stop me (he knows the sex). I got nothing from him lol!

Dougal once you are close to knowing the gender you could buy things and take the risk places like Asda are good for swopping items.
Oh that's cute!!!

Yeh I'd probably do that, or just buy a few neutral bits and then do serious shopping in the new year sales when I'll (more than likely) know the gender!

I'm a bit like you, Missy- I dislike the pink and blue thing, I prefer bright colours, nothing drab.
I grew up with my Mum trying to force me into pink and soon as I was old enough to choose my own clothes, rebelled and chose blue!
I loved trains too, refused to wear dresses and skirts haha!

My fave colour is blue- the brighter the better and I love bright yellow too.
Baby will get enough blue/pink stuff from Mum and MIL etc once we know which it is, anyway so I'll steer clear of it!

It's so frustrating being team yellow. I'm the same all the gorgeous items I see and I can't be absolutely sure. But if you love it you should get it, you could always eBay it or keep it to give as a gift.
If it's still there once I'm 12 weeks I'll buy it!

If it's still there once I'm 12 weeks I'll buy it!

Definitely buy it! I saw some gorgeous items in next but I just daren't spend the money. It's all well and good me bring convinced baby is a pink bundle but its an expensive mistake if I'm wrong.

My washing is in, I'll have to do a few pink loads I've got more than I thought I had.

Oh that's cute!!! Yeh I'd probably do that, or just buy a few neutral bits and then do serious shopping in the new year sales when I'll (more than likely) know the gender! I'm a bit like you, Missy- I dislike the pink and blue thing, I prefer bright colours, nothing drab. I grew up with my Mum trying to force me into pink and soon as I was old enough to choose my own clothes, rebelled and chose blue! I loved trains too, refused to wear dresses and skirts haha! My fave colour is blue- the brighter the better and I love bright yellow too. Baby will get enough blue/pink stuff from Mum and MIL etc once we know which it is, anyway so I'll steer clear of it!

Ha, I was the same as a kid. My favourite thing was my red train jumper when I was little and I had to be forced into dresses. Grew up into a metal loving, games playing tomboy and that's never changed ;)

If you want to get bright coloured unisex stuff try Polarn O Pyret (sale only though, they are v v pricy!), M&S, H&M and Tesco - they have lots of spots, stripes and stars and animal pattern things in lovely colours (red, yellow, aqua, electric blue etc) that would be great for boys and girls. That's what we've done and we'd be buying the same if it was a girl! We've been bought cream/white and blue stuff which we'll use of course but we're not keen. I'd rather he gets to pick what he likes for himself when he's older so keeping it simple while he's little :) x

A couple of questions for you girls:

When did your bump start showing?
When did you start buying anything baby-related?

Wow. So much to catch up on

I've only started showing in the last fortnight so about 19weeks for me.
Won't buy anything significant until after 24 weeks but bought my first baby item at 16/17 weeks. Like missy was/am far too paranoid

Hey all - what a miserable day out there it is today in Cambridge, I'm glad I don't have any plans to go out.
My sister found out that she is having a boy at her scan on Friday so yesterday she dropped round 4 huge bags of girls clothes for me, I will not need to buy anything else! (Slightly dissapointed ;) ) so I'm going to go through them today and start getting some washed and put away.

Missy, love your pram - it's really nice and colour is great.

Dougal I figure eat crisps if they make you feel better, although I wasn't actually sick I spent the first 14 weeks feeling sick all day and salt and vinegar crisps were my life saver!!

Hope everyone else is good, what's everyone's plans for the day?

I'm still in bed and getting kicked a lot!! :)

Miserable in Dublin too :( N grey n miserable but thankfully not wet.
Plans today is to carry on sorting out the bedrooms. Made our first efforts yesterday to get started on baby's room :) room literally needs EVERYTHING doing as we only bought the house in December last year so hadn't gotten to upstairs yet. So doing baby room n ours at the same time. So between that n shopping I've no other plans

Hey all - what a miserable day out there it is today in Cambridge, I'm glad I don't have any plans to go out. My sister found out that she is having a boy at her scan on Friday so yesterday she dropped round 4 huge bags of girls clothes for me, I will not need to buy anything else! (Slightly dissapointed ;) ) so I'm going to go through them today and start getting some washed and put away. Missy, love your pram - it's really nice and colour is great. Dougal I figure eat crisps if they make you feel better, although I wasn't actually sick I spent the first 14 weeks feeling sick all day and salt and vinegar crisps were my life saver!! Hope everyone else is good, what's everyone's plans for the day? I'm still in bed and getting kicked a lot!! :)

Just goes to show that the sweet/savoury thing doesn't really work then cos you're having a girl! ;) I remember you saying you were on the salt and vinegar crisps too. Nausea without vomming is still well miserable and my theory is do whatever you need to do (within reason!) to make it better.

I know what you mean about buying more clothes, I really want to as well but feel like I can't justify it because we have been given so many! I want more stuff that's to my taste though so I might be naughty and buy a few more bits. So if you see something gorgeous that you just HAVE to buy - why not eh? ;)

I'm lying on the sofa being a misery guts at the moment, I hate Sundays! Can't move as I am pinned in place by a cat lol. Baby is a bit quiet today, mind you he was v busy yesterday so I bet he's having a rest ;) I have to go the shops in a bit (without my crutches - nooo!) which I am not looking forward to as a) it will hurt and b) the weather is crap here too. Might need to treat myself to something nice for lunch to cheer myself up. ;) Then I will probably get some knitting done and have a nice long bath before I have to put dinner on at 4, doing a massive pot of stew ready for when husband gets in at 8.

Bit of a boring day really, but my Sundays are rarely exciting :(

Miserable in Dublin too :( N grey n miserable but thankfully not wet. Plans today is to carry on sorting out the bedrooms. Made our first efforts yesterday to get started on baby's room :) room literally needs EVERYTHING doing as we only bought the house in December last year so hadn't gotten to upstairs yet. So doing baby room n ours at the same time. So between that n shopping I've no other plans

Ooh that's got to be exciting though, starting from scratch! I wish we were doing a room for baby in a way, it must be lovely picking colours and decorating and everything. :)

I think I've kinda shown for a while, I'm 21 weeks on Tuesday and it's only the last week I've even confident I look pregnant to strangers lol

Think I bought my first things about 14 weeks.

In having a housework day, washing, cleaning and packing for going back to Bahrain on Tuesday!

Ooh that's got to be exciting though, starting from scratch! I wish we were doing a room for baby in a way, it must be lovely picking colours and decorating and everything. :)

Yea its great.. Its like working from a blank canvass :)
Trouble is... we're both kinda thinking now we want that room.. LOL
As we're doing both rooms tho its still possible.. I don't think I want baby in the front room tho coz the windows are bay... So they'd have to be locked n in summer that room gets really hot so you kinda need them open.. I know baby climbing is a way away but no point getting it settled in one room n havin to swap later.. Never mind the expense of redoing 2 rooms...

Yea its great.. Its like working from a blank canvass :) Trouble is... we're both kinda thinking now we want that room.. LOL As we're doing both rooms tho its still possible.. I don't think I want baby in the front room tho coz the windows are bay... So they'd have to be locked n in summer that room gets really hot so you kinda need them open.. I know baby climbing is a way away but no point getting it settled in one room n havin to swap later.. Never mind the expense of redoing 2 rooms...

This is exactly why baby hasn't got a room yet, we're having issues over who is having which room! I can see what you mean about the windows, I'd feel funny about that too. Last thing you want is to be swapping rooms further down the line.

Our problem is the way our house is laid out. Our bedroom (currently) can be closed off completely so we'd rather have it for baby. The other bedroom has the bathroom running off it so you have to be able to walk through the bedroom and that's not gonna work with a baby! So we need to swap rooms. Problem is that baby will be in with us for six months at least so we'd need to shut the door to keep the cats out during that time. Which is a problem as the cats need to get through to the bathroom. So we're better off for now staying in our current room until baby is old enough to sleep in his own room and then swap over in about six months time. Then we can sort out furniture and accessories and stuff although we can't decorate as we rent :(

It's a minefield!

Hello everyone!

Well I'm currently on the sofa eating chocolate chip brioche rolls whilst hubby watches F1!
We are popping out soon to get the animals a lovely new bed and have a nose at baby things.
Later we are going out for dinner, just to the local, but still nice to get out of the house, spend time with hubby and they do some lovely food there (its a Table Table restaurant).

I did well on the crisps front yesterday- only had 2 bags, but that's probably parly due to the delicious curry I made last night, we had it with everything (poppadums, naan bread, bhaji's, pilau rice) so I couldn't eat a thing afterwards lol!

Interesting that you had the salt n vinegar crisps craving Nelly and you're having a girl.
It gives me hope that my instinct is right :)

We have got to sort out baby's room- it's currently our office/spare room/dumping ground lol.
We've got to get new carpet and paint the walls and just sort out all the crap that's in there- hubby is moving into a new office on site very soon so that'll help and then we can work out what baby furniture we need!
I did see a gorgeous cot in M&P a while back, had a changing mat on top that slides out, all in oak I think, would go well with our current furniture, but it was pricey.
However both sets of parents have said they'll buy something- mine have said they'll buy the cot and in-laws have said the pram, so that'll really help with money :)
Plus it's the first grandchild for both so I think money is no object for either lol.

Have a good day everyone! X

Sofa and brioche sounds lovely!

Ours will be first grandchild for both families too so everyone does go a bit mental ;) My mum had already said that she's looking forward to spoiling him rotten and has started early by buying us the pram! In laws haven't bought us much but they sorted out a lot of second hand stuff and done a lot of fetching and carrying for us which we are mega grateful for.

I feel kinda guilty that we're not buying baby furniture or decorating, would be nice to have that to throw ourselves into to keep busy before he's here. Some of the stuff we'd not bother with anyway (changing table - no point!) but I feel like I'm the only person ever who won't have a nursery ready for little dude once he's here. :/ I'm sure he won't mind as long as he has a comfy basket to sleep in and obv he'll have a room when he's ready for his own but I do feel a bit weird about it! Just me being insecure again I guess x

Sofa and brioche sounds lovely!

Ours will be first grandchild for both families too so everyone does go a bit mental ;) My mum had already said that she's looking forward to spoiling him rotten and has started early by buying us the pram! In laws haven't bought us much but they sorted out a lot of second hand stuff and done a lot of fetching and carrying for us which we are mega grateful for.

I feel kinda guilty that we're not buying baby furniture or decorating, would be nice to have that to throw ourselves into to keep busy before he's here. Some of the stuff we'd not bother with anyway (changing table - no point!) but I feel like I'm the only person ever who won't have a nursery ready for little dude once he's here. :/ I'm sure he won't mind as long as he has a comfy basket to sleep in and obv he'll have a room when he's ready for his own but I do feel a bit weird about it! Just me being insecure again I guess x
TBH Missy I doubt ours will be ready for baby getting here either.. But it'll be started.. But am not too pushed on it TBH.. OH is the one pushing getting it all done n dusted for when baby is here.. He's a bit OCD about getting the WHOLE house done n finished before baby gets here... I think as long as our room is done, baby's room can wait.. It won't be in there for a good while anyway so chances are, it'll be a store room again for a while even when baby's here... (Don't tell BF)
I'm not pushed on a changing table either.. I don't use them.. I always change babies on my lap and OH will no doubt use a changing mat of the sofa/bed...
My BF is making the cot so that's another thing we're not buying.. BF is a cabinet maker so its his labour of love to baby :) Will obviously have to buy a mattress but they're cheap enough..

Aw, that's lovely that he's making the cot! This is why I'm learning to knit - I really wanted little dude to have something that I made for him <3

Our house will get the biggest clean ever before baby comes but that's all. I think we may have buy a chest of drawers for baby's many clothes lol but other than that we don't really need anything else. It's just what the baby magazines and books tell you you need and it does get me down sometimes cos we just can't afford it all, even though I know deep down it's just marketing designed to make you feel guilty!

We are in a 1 bedroom at the moment and doesn't look like we will be moving anytime soon so no nursery for us either (booooo!)

Sounds like a productive day France's, hope you manage to decide who's having which room ;)

Dougal I'm usually a chocoholic and although I didn't stop eating chocolate it just didn't do it for me for around 14 weeks so there's hope that your instinct is right ;)

I'm not even getting a set of drawers of baby. It'll hav a rail in my wardrobe for hanging stuff n I'm thinking if sanding down n painting my old chest of drawers for baby's stuff when I'm done with it. So I wouldn't feel guilty at all hun. In fairness... That's all material crap. As long as baby is loved, kept fed n warm n looked after... That's all that matters. Yes all the trimmings wud b great but it's not stuff baby actually NEEDS

We are in a 1 bedroom at the moment and doesn't look like we will be moving anytime soon so no nursery for us either (booooo!)

Sounds like a productive day France's, hope you manage to decide who's having which room ;)

Dougal I'm usually a chocoholic and although I didn't stop eating chocolate it just didn't do it for me for around 14 weeks so there's hope that your instinct is right ;)
I'm a chocoholic too!
But just like you, it's doing nothing for me at all! I mean I still eat it but it's not my first choice for snack!
I'm convinced its a girl and I spoke to my Nan earlier, who said she'd had a dream last night that she had a great granddaughter!
She has these vivid dreams that are almost like premonitions- right before Mum told her I was pregnant, she had a dream that someone close to her was pregnant, and when Mum said "I have some good news" she went "Kirsty's pregnant" just like that! Spooky!
So that's given me even more hope that it's a girl :)

Back