Pregnancy and Slimming World

I think re. baby furniture, we're just getting a chest of drawers and a cot, no need for anything else straight away and it's having the space for it all- baby's room is small compared to ours!

Re. prams/buggy's: hubby wants one with off road wheels as we do a lot of walking with the dogs in forests etc, any suggestions?

I think re. baby furniture, we're just getting a chest of drawers and a cot, no need for anything else straight away and it's having the space for it all- baby's room is small compared to ours! Re. prams/buggy's: hubby wants one with off road wheels as we do a lot of walking with the dogs in forests etc, any suggestions?

I think the Phil and Teds are supposed to be good for off road. I guess the tyres are the most important bit, I would imagine that proper air tyres would be better for forests and rough paths? Although you'd have to get then treated so you don't get a puncture, can't think of owt worse! Obv I'm no expert having not had a baby yet so I'm sure there's more voices of experience on here :)

I'm a chocoholic too! But just like you, it's doing nothing for me at all! I mean I still eat it but it's not my first choice for snack! I'm convinced its a girl and I spoke to my Nan earlier, who said she'd had a dream last night that she had a great granddaughter! She has these vivid dreams that are almost like premonitions- right before Mum told her I was pregnant, she had a dream that someone close to her was pregnant, and when Mum said "I have some good news" she went "Kirsty's pregnant" just like that! Spooky! So that's given me even more hope that it's a girl :)

Just to throw a spanner in the works I went off chocolate too! ;) I was genuinely gutted although ice cream was ok (mint especially) so I went for that instead.

It's funny cos one of the ladies at work is pregnant and having a gender scan in a couple of weeks time. Pregnancy has turned her into a chocoholic so she is totally opposite to us lot and is convinced that it's a girl. Can't wait to find out!

Hi all

Well baby Cai arrived yesterday at 3:48 (we thought 3:47 but they recorded 3:48!) weighing 8lbs 15oz and still doesn't have a name!! ( baby Cai is not his name lol)

Tomorrow I am going to post my 'birth story' in my own diary for those who want to read it - all I will say is the hospital staff (all) were amazing at all times :) I can not praise them highly enough for what they do to help everyone

I am going to continue to catch up on this thread from time to time but want to wish u all the best for the rest of pregnancies and pending births! Xxx

Attachments

• image-3264176448.jpg
    image-3264176448.jpg
    413 KB · Views: 72
Hi all Well baby Cai arrived yesterday at 3:48 (we thought 3:47 but they recorded 3:48!) weighing 8lbs 15oz and still doesn't have a name!! ( baby Cai is not his name lol) Tomorrow I am going to post my 'birth story' in my own diary for those who want to read it - all I will say is the hospital staff (all) were amazing at all times :) I can not praise them highly enough for what they do to help everyone I am going to continue to catch up on this thread from time to time but want to wish u all the best for the rest of pregnancies and pending births! Xxx

Awww Cai! He's so gorgeous, congratulations! Take your time with the name - it's a big decision but I'm sure he'll suit whatever you pick for him. I hope it all went well and if you have any tips for us mummys to be let us know ;) I can't wait to have my boy here now! xxx

Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous :)

Glad you're sticking around x

Hi all

Well baby Cai arrived yesterday at 3:48 (we thought 3:47 but they recorded 3:48!) weighing 8lbs 15oz and still doesn't have a name!! ( baby Cai is not his name lol)

Tomorrow I am going to post my 'birth story' in my own diary for those who want to read it - all I will say is the hospital staff (all) were amazing at all times :) I can not praise them highly enough for what they do to help everyone

I am going to continue to catch up on this thread from time to time but want to wish u all the best for the rest of pregnancies and pending births! Xxx

Cai he's beautiful! Congratulations! So glad it all went so well.

Awww Cai! He's so gorgeous, congratulations! Take your time with the name - it's a big decision but I'm sure he'll suit whatever you pick for him. I hope it all went well and if you have any tips for us mummys to be let us know ;) I can't wait to have my boy here now! xxx

Tips - obviously the dark coloured towel for showers etc has gotta be a good one!! Lol. Although mine was a dark pink and the midwife asked me this morning if I'd prefer to just use one of theirs for the 'business areas' (her actual words) and she said then no1 would have to know outside if the room! :)

My biggest tip would be to eat little and often from the snacks u take in from the start. Cos I was being induced I didn't want to eat snacks within the first few hours as I had no idea how long I would be! Once I had an epidural they told me I couldn't eat anything and by then if not had anything to eat for 10 hours!! So by the time I came to push (another 8 hours after that) I knew I would be weak!!! The doctor who monitored me allowed me to have some fruit sweets (1 at a time and not too many) so hubby went to the hospital shop and paid £1.90 for some starburst!! So I would recommend some starburst, wine gums or fruit pastels et. - if u keep eye out the bags are often on a good offer!!

I forgot to make any kind of muslin squares/bibs for the hospital! I never thought but when burping the little dude I would have used them!

He has just been sick so will think of other tips and post later if I can! Xx

Ahh congratulations Cai - your little boy is gorgeous :)

Tips - obviously the dark coloured towel for showers etc has gotta be a good one!! Lol. Although mine was a dark pink and the midwife asked me this morning if I'd prefer to just use one of theirs for the 'business areas' (her actual words) and she said then no1 would have to know outside if the room! :) My biggest tip would be to eat little and often from the snacks u take in from the start. Cos I was being induced I didn't want to eat snacks within the first few hours as I had no idea how long I would be! Once I had an epidural they told me I couldn't eat anything and by then if not had anything to eat for 10 hours!! So by the time I came to push (another 8 hours after that) I knew I would be weak!!! The doctor who monitored me allowed me to have some fruit sweets (1 at a time and not too many) so hubby went to the hospital shop and paid £1.90 for some starburst!! So I would recommend some starburst, wine gums or fruit pastels et. - if u keep eye out the bags are often on a good offer!! I forgot to make any kind of muslin squares/bibs for the hospital! I never thought but when burping the little dude I would have used them! He has just been sick so will think of other tips and post later if I can! Xx

That's all v useful thank you! Especially the towel lol, sounds like your hospital staff were awesome :) Don't worry about posting later, you'll be too busy with your little sweetie I bet so don't think about us ;) He is just so cute! <3 xxx

Red bath towels primark £4 lol. Absolutely essential.

Good grief, I am so itchy I could cry! Is this a normal pregnancy thing? It's bloody annoying! I think my boobs have grown overnight too - my bras don't fit properly all of a sudden which is a bit disconcerting. Have covered myself in cocoa butter and gone to bed in an effort to be less itchy but it's failing so far. As if I need another thing to stop me sleeping!

CPN tomorrow morning so better be up bright an early. Night night all x

Omg another tip for everyone is to make sure the baby grows they take are ones which do up the front and not over the head!!

My little man had some blood tests done whilst still inside so had scratches on his head - we didn't want to hurt him but meant that we were too scared to put on his coming home outfit!! Lol

Luckily I had packed 3 grows (one was too big) but the other was a good fit and did up at the front! Xx

Omg another tip for everyone is to make sure the baby grows they take are ones which do up the front and not over the head!! My little man had some blood tests done whilst still inside so had scratches on his head - we didn't want to hurt him but meant that we were too scared to put on his coming home outfit!! Lol Luckily I had packed 3 grows (one was too big) but the other was a good fit and did up at the front! Xx

That is a good idea! Hope you, OH and the little dude are having a lovely day today and you're recovering well from it all xxx

Hey ladies.. Back from scan.. It was amazeballs.. Baby is cooking away perfectly.. Sonographer was really pleased.. Everything measuring as it should and beating and developing nicely... So really really happy.. Can't stop smiling..

We also decided to find out what team we're playing for.... 85% certainty... PINK

Congrats Cai on your little boy- he's gorgeous :)

And Frances- glad all is well and a girl! You was sure it was a boy! How do you feel? X

Congrats Cai on your little boy- he's gorgeous :)

And Frances- glad all is well and a girl! You was sure it was a boy! How do you feel? X

I was 150% sure it a boy.... Am pleased... But definitely was shocked... Am kinda like "oh... but what about my little boy"
Disappointed is a very strong word to descibe it.. and I'm 100% not disappointed.. But defintely shocked..

The scan pics are awesome :)
Yeh I think I'll be the same if I get told I'm having a boy when I'm so sure its girl :)
That means you've got to start thinking about girls names now!

Back