Pregnancy and Slimming World

I just play mine actual rock music hehe! Me and husband listen to a lot of extreme metal and baby doesn't react to it at all which is amusing. He's had it since day one though lol so is probably immune!

He did seem to enjoy a folk music event that we went to though (yes, extreme metal and folk. We have funny taste in music!) ;) xxx

:) It's baby scan day :)

75 mins to go....

Hi ladies - just thought I'd update!! I used this sight until about 20 weeks then kind of lost the plot to be honest weight wise.
Anyway my twin boys arrived 2 weeks ago today by emcs. They are just beautiful and life will certainly never be the same again!! they weighed 4lb 15oz and 5lb 8oz and didn't need any time at all in nicu which can be common in twins.

As far as weight for mum goes ... I've really felt it drop off in these last 2 weeks, my legs look slimmer than they ever did, without the odema and my twin mum tum is decreasing daily!!
I braved the scales for the first time since about 25 weeks and was pleasantly surprised!! I was 78.9 kg at booking in and today I weighed 82kg on the dot!! I can handle that, thought i may be left with stones and stones to shift!! not going to weigh myself again until they're 6 weeks now then will see about going back to class.
I'm expressing milk for daytime for the two of them which should help and giving formula feeds at night. Hubby is trying to feed me well, was left very low in iron again after the blood loss of the section, eating home cooked heasltghy meals, not necessarily tracked to plan. Will keep you all updatedxx

:) It's baby scan day :) 75 mins to go...

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow and I'm so excited.
Enjoy your scan xxx
Good luck ladies.. Make sure to pop back and update :)
Hi ladies - just thought I'd update!! I used this sight until about 20 weeks then kind of lost the plot to be honest weight wise.
Anyway my twin boys arrived 2 weeks ago today by emcs. They are just beautiful and life will certainly never be the same again!! they weighed 4lb 15oz and 5lb 8oz and didn't need any time at all in nicu which can be common in twins.

As far as weight for mum goes ... I've really felt it drop off in these last 2 weeks, my legs look slimmer than they ever did, without the odema and my twin mum tum is decreasing daily!!
I braved the scales for the first time since about 25 weeks and was pleasantly surprised!! I was 78.9 kg at booking in and today I weighed 82kg on the dot!! I can handle that, thought i may be left with stones and stones to shift!! not going to weigh myself again until they're 6 weeks now then will see about going back to class.
I'm expressing milk for daytime for the two of them which should help and giving formula feeds at night. Hubby is trying to feed me well, was left very low in iron again after the blood loss of the section, eating home cooked heasltghy meals, not necessarily tracked to plan. Will keep you all updatedxx
RJG congratulations on both your healthy twins and your weight.. Amazing :)

Scan was amazing, I have a very wriggly baby who was making the sonographer's job very difficult!

But all is well, baby is measuring 12+2 which is 2 days behind my dates :)

20 week scan booked in for 2nd January, no idea how I'll make it through Xmas and new year :)

Really want to start shopping for baby bits now :)

And here is baby Baker <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 74
Scan was amazing, I have a very wriggly baby who was making the sonographer's job very difficult!

But all is well, baby is measuring 12+2 which is 2 days behind my dates :)

20 week scan booked in for 2nd January, no idea how I'll make it through Xmas and new year :)

Really want to start shopping for baby bits now :)

And here is baby Baker <3

Ah Dougal.. What a clear shot!!! Brilliant pic.. Love baby was making the sonographers job difficult.. Thats great news..
Well worth the sickness eh?! (easy for me to say.. lol)

Aww.. how great your biggy is Jan 2nd... The week before will fly by with the rush of Christmas etc... Yay.. :)

Congratulations on your twins, weight is amazing!

Aww Dougal how exciting :) lovely scan pic, you'll be impatient for Christmas and New year to pass! X

Hi ladies - just thought I'd update!! I used this sight until about 20 weeks then kind of lost the plot to be honest weight wise. Anyway my twin boys arrived 2 weeks ago today by emcs. They are just beautiful and life will certainly never be the same again!! they weighed 4lb 15oz and 5lb 8oz and didn't need any time at all in nicu which can be common in twins. As far as weight for mum goes ... I've really felt it drop off in these last 2 weeks, my legs look slimmer than they ever did, without the odema and my twin mum tum is decreasing daily!! I braved the scales for the first time since about 25 weeks and was pleasantly surprised!! I was 78.9 kg at booking in and today I weighed 82kg on the dot!! I can handle that, thought i may be left with stones and stones to shift!! not going to weigh myself again until they're 6 weeks now then will see about going back to class. I'm expressing milk for daytime for the two of them which should help and giving formula feeds at night. Hubby is trying to feed me well, was left very low in iron again after the blood loss of the section, eating home cooked heasltghy meals, not necessarily tracked to plan. Will keep you all updatedxx

Congratulations! Those are fantastic weights for twinnies, bet they are right little cuties. You must be mega busy so thanks for coming on and letting us know it all went well xxx

Scan day looks like it's going great so far, lovely picture of your little one Dougal, glad all's well.

Good luck for your later Sophie!

For my part, I'm 34+4 today and off to my second antenatal class tonight. After last weeks scare my blood pressure had come down nicely and I'm good to go back to normal midwife appointments. Bump is getting massive and a bit unwieldy, my hips are pretty painful and my hands aren't great either but baby boy seems to be well and that's all that matters :)

Hope everyone is ok! xxx

Thanks girls- I'm very very happy, got extra pics for the Mum's too :)

And we seem to have timed it right, as my cousin and several friends who've had their children are all getting rid of baby stuff and are offering us loads!
Car seats, monitors, etc, loads of stuff :)
My husband's cousin is very excited as their little girl is due 26th November so the babies will only be 6 months apart, so they'll have each other to play with :)
And the daughter of my aunties best friend is also pregnant, had her 12 week scan today (said hello to her at hospital!) and her due date? 17th May!!

I'm very very happy, can't wait for my birthday (30 this year!) and last child free Xmas and then getting to see baby again :)

Hi ladies - just thought I'd update!! I used this sight until about 20 weeks then kind of lost the plot to be honest weight wise. Anyway my twin boys arrived 2 weeks ago today by emcs. They are just beautiful and life will certainly never be the same again!! they weighed 4lb 15oz and 5lb 8oz and didn't need any time at all in nicu which can be common in twins. As far as weight for mum goes ... I've really felt it drop off in these last 2 weeks, my legs look slimmer than they ever did, without the odema and my twin mum tum is decreasing daily!! I braved the scales for the first time since about 25 weeks and was pleasantly surprised!! I was 78.9 kg at booking in and today I weighed 82kg on the dot!! I can handle that, thought i may be left with stones and stones to shift!! not going to weigh myself again until they're 6 weeks now then will see about going back to class. I'm expressing milk for daytime for the two of them which should help and giving formula feeds at night. Hubby is trying to feed me well, was left very low in iron again after the blood loss of the section, eating home cooked heasltghy meals, not necessarily tracked to plan. Will keep you all updatedxx

Congratulations. What have you called your two babes? Well done on the weight, that's fab.

Thanks girls- I'm very very happy, got extra pics for the Mum's too :) And we seem to have timed it right, as my cousin and several friends who've had their children are all getting rid of baby stuff and are offering us loads! Car seats, monitors, etc, loads of stuff :) My husband's cousin is very excited as their little girl is due 26th November so the babies will only be 6 months apart, so they'll have each other to play with :) And the daughter of my aunties best friend is also pregnant, had her 12 week scan today (said hello to her at hospital!) and her due date? 17th May!! I'm very very happy, can't wait for my birthday (30 this year!) and last child free Xmas and then getting to see baby again :)

It's the joy of having babies later than your friends, they have stuff to give away! We have friends due in April already lined up who will be inheriting all our newborn stuff, it's nice to pass on your good fortune. ;) I would prob consider getting a new car seat though, I know I was warned off getting one second hand and we found a pram deal that came with one in the end. xxx

Thanks girls- I'm very very happy, got extra pics for the Mum's too :)

And we seem to have timed it right, as my cousin and several friends who've had their children are all getting rid of baby stuff and are offering us loads!
Car seats, monitors, etc, loads of stuff :)
My husband's cousin is very excited as their little girl is due 26th November so the babies will only be 6 months apart, so they'll have each other to play with :)
And the daughter of my aunties best friend is also pregnant, had her 12 week scan today (said hello to her at hospital!) and her due date? 17th May!!

I'm very very happy, can't wait for my birthday (30 this year!) and last child free Xmas and then getting to see baby again :)
Nice one for inheriting all the bigger stuff.. Monitors and car seats are expensive so YAY :)

It's the joy of having babies later than your friends, they have stuff to give away! We have friends due in April already lined up who will be inheriting all our newborn stuff, it's nice to pass on your good fortune. ;) I would prob consider getting a new car seat though, I know I was warned off getting one second hand and we found a pram deal that came with one in the end. xxx
Really?? I never heard not to take a second hand car seat???
J's SIL had offered us hers a while back.. Haven't heard anything since and it was quite early on but we've not looked yet in the hope she offered it again.. She finished her family and its an isofix one so we thought "great!"
We'll no doubt get a travel system for the newborn car seat but i'd never heard not to use a second hand one

Nice one for inheriting all the bigger stuff.. Monitors and car seats are expensive so YAY :) Really?? I never heard not to take a second hand car seat??? J's SIL had offered us hers a while back.. Haven't heard anything since and it was quite early on but we've not looked yet in the hope she offered it again.. She finished her family and its an isofix one so we thought "great!" We'll no doubt get a travel system for the newborn car seat but i'd never heard not to use a second hand one

I'm not sure tbh, it was just what we got told quite early on. Will have a google...

Edit - just had a look and most websites seem to say you shouldn't use a second hand seat as it may have been in an accident and been weakened. Same reason we were told never to buy second hand crash helmets when I used to play roller derby. But I guess if it's from family and you know the history that would be different? You'd know if it had been damaged or in an accident so the advice probably only applies to buying off eBay or someone you don't know that well I would have thought. Sorry if I've worried anyone xx

I'd never heard that about the car seat either so thanks girls.

Congrats on your scan Dougal. :)

Has anyone else been suffering with a bad back? never suffered before pregnancy or up until a couple of weeks ago, now im just so uncomfortable unless im sitting on the sofa.. even laying on my side in bed is starting to hurt. So annoying! x

Back