Pregnancy and Slimming World

Hi girls,

I can't wait to be able to join you all on this thread! And congratulations to all of you here!

I love reading this thread and its taught me so much.

Me and oh are currently ttc and I'm already thinking about what foods I should think twice about eating as I keep thinking I won't know if I'm pregnant for at least the first couple of weeks or so, already stopped drinking just in case but any tips from you girls would be fab!!

Thanks x x

Me and my friend who's pregnant have planned our whole menu for after birth lol

Welcome Kelly and good luck with your ttc! X
Main foods for me were eggs to be fully cooked and meats to be fully cooked. Anything like chorizo etc shouldn't be eaten cold but heated through, prawns can be eaten if cooked properly and heated but not from chilled.

I still get confused with cheeses and spend a lot of time on google! Lol

Feeling the pâté love girls :) oooh and a runny egg sounds good right about now.

Just ordered my pram! Have been looking at the silvercross linear freeway in sugared almonds (£450) but found it brand new on eBay for £200 so snapped that straight up! Glad I've finally made the purchase as was getting pram obsessed and was looking at them constantly.

Hi girls,

I can't wait to be able to join you all on this thread! And congratulations to all of you here!

I love reading this thread and its taught me so much.

Me and oh are currently ttc and I'm already thinking about what foods I should think twice about eating as I keep thinking I won't know if I'm pregnant for at least the first couple of weeks or so, already stopped drinking just in case but any tips from you girls would be fab!!

Thanks x x

Hi Kelly. Welcome n good luck :)
Don't worry about foods for now as baby won't feed off u for I think first 5-6 weeks r something. So u'll b fine. Though there are foods that can help with ttc that u could look into...
Any q's on ttc feel free to ask as between us I think we've been thru all things ttc

Feeling the pâté love girls :) oooh and a runny egg sounds good right about now.

Just ordered my pram! Have been looking at the silvercross linear freeway in sugared almonds (£450) but found it brand new on eBay for £200 so snapped that straight up! Glad I've finally made the purchase as was getting pram obsessed and was looking at them constantly.

Ooh how exciting. Fab deal u got. U were right to snap that up!!

Feeling the pâté love girls :) oooh and a runny egg sounds good right about now. Just ordered my pram! Have been looking at the silvercross linear freeway in sugared almonds (£450) but found it brand new on eBay for £200 so snapped that straight up! Glad I've finally made the purchase as was getting pram obsessed and was looking at them constantly.

Amazing, that's a brilliant deal! Xxx

Hi girls, I can't wait to be able to join you all on this thread! And congratulations to all of you here! I love reading this thread and its taught me so much. Me and oh are currently ttc and I'm already thinking about what foods I should think twice about eating as I keep thinking I won't know if I'm pregnant for at least the first couple of weeks or so, already stopped drinking just in case but any tips from you girls would be fab!! Thanks x x

Hey Kelly,

I'm gonna agree with Frances here, don't worry too much about the food thing just yet. There's so much different advice about what to eat when you're pregnant and it changes constantly it seems!

Most of the pregnancy guidelines are just common sense though, things like making sure food is well cooked and washing anything like salad or veg before you eat it. I'm not sure about meat and fish as I'm a veggie (but I think most of it has been covered above!) but runny eggs are out and any cheese that is blue veined, mould ripened or unpasteurised is out. So that's soft goats cheese, stilton, brie, Camembert - all the good stuff! I have been told that you can eat them if cooked but I prefer not to myself although I could murder a bowl of stilton and broccoli soup ;)

You're not supposed to have very much caffeine either when you're pregnant, that's a good one to cut down when ttc too. Me and husband both massively reduced our caffeine intake when we were ttc, I pretty much stopped drinking alcohol and he reduced his by a lot on the advice of the fertility consultant we saw.

Good luck ttc and hopefully we'll see you here with happy news soon! xxx

I'm going baby shopping tomorrow!!!

Hubby suggested we go have a look around and get ideas, going into Ipswich as they have a Mama & Papa's, Mothercare and Toys R Us all really close together :)

I imagine we'll end up buying a few little bits, like bibs, booties etc... Won't be able to resist...

Had a good day, eaten no fish and going to try and not have any tomorrow either...

I have been eating prawn mayo sandwiches, but only a couple of times, so shouldn't be harmful?
And thinking about it, it was before scan and baby is fine :)

Shop mayo is ok to eat as much as u like of. But homemade is not as it contains raw egg. Am sure ur fine :)
Aww... My bf suggested we ho baby shopping back when I was about where u are. Took him all of 10 mins to get bored ha ha
It's great tho. Picking up little bits as u go. I'm trying so hard no to go mad and in fairness I haven't. I've a few essentials. Babygrows. Vests. Bottles. That kinda thing. Nothing big bought yet... It's hard!!! Ha ha. Enjoy ur shopping

Thanks for your advice girls! I didn't realise it didn't really matter to much what you at first but kind of makes sense as no one can really know for the first couple of weeks that they are pregnant anyway! And it's all good me saying I'm not drinking now we're ttc (don't have much caffeine anyway, never been a tea, coffee or coke drinker) but we've not been trying long, came off the pill 2 months ago and that's been messing with periods coming back a bit, took 5 weeks to have the first one then had another 2 weeks later?! I guess only time will sort that out, i was on the pill for many years!

Anyway, best get off the thread, oh saw me on in here yesterday when we had friends and family about thinks I'm going give it away (ttc has not been mentioned yet as we want it to be a surprise, both side of family desperate for a grandchild!!) shame there's not a ttc thread which has great girls like you!

Off to research foods which help fertility!!!

Thanks again and good luck for the remainder of your pregnancies x x

Shop mayo is ok to eat as much as u like of. But homemade is not as it contains raw egg. Am sure ur fine :)
Aww... My bf suggested we ho baby shopping back when I was about where u are. Took him all of 10 mins to get bored ha ha
It's great tho. Picking up little bits as u go. I'm trying so hard no to go mad and in fairness I haven't. I've a few essentials. Babygrows. Vests. Bottles. That kinda thing. Nothing big bought yet... It's hard!!! Ha ha. Enjoy ur shopping
Lol I can't see my hubby getting bored, he loves looking at baby stuff- he's wanted a kid for a long time :)

We want to look at prams and such to get an idea on prices, and I'm sure we'll end up buying some baby grows or vests. Won't be able to resist :)

Thanks for your advice girls! I didn't realise it didn't really matter to much what you at first but kind of makes sense as no one can really know for the first couple of weeks that they are pregnant anyway! And it's all good me saying I'm not drinking now we're ttc (don't have much caffeine anyway, never been a tea, coffee or coke drinker) but we've not been trying long, came off the pill 2 months ago and that's been messing with periods coming back a bit, took 5 weeks to have the first one then had another 2 weeks later?! I guess only time will sort that out, i was on the pill for many years! Anyway, best get off the thread, oh saw me on in here yesterday when we had friends and family about thinks I'm going give it away (ttc has not been mentioned yet as we want it to be a surprise, both side of family desperate for a grandchild!!) shame there's not a ttc thread which has great girls like you! Off to research foods which help fertility!!! Thanks again and good luck for the remainder of your pregnancies x x

There is a ttc forum hun - I would say pop over to there and have a chat! Hope to see you back here soon - good luck! xxx

Thanks for your advice girls! I didn't realise it didn't really matter to much what you at first but kind of makes sense as no one can really know for the first couple of weeks that they are pregnant anyway! And it's all good me saying I'm not drinking now we're ttc (don't have much caffeine anyway, never been a tea, coffee or coke drinker) but we've not been trying long, came off the pill 2 months ago and that's been messing with periods coming back a bit, took 5 weeks to have the first one then had another 2 weeks later?! I guess only time will sort that out, i was on the pill for many years!

Anyway, best get off the thread, oh saw me on in here yesterday when we had friends and family about thinks I'm going give it away (ttc has not been mentioned yet as we want it to be a surprise, both side of family desperate for a grandchild!!) shame there's not a ttc thread which has great girls like you!

Off to research foods which help fertility!!!

Thanks again and good luck for the remainder of your pregnancies x x
It can take some time to get yer cycle regular after the pill but hopefully it won't take too long :)
I was like u n hav up drinking while ttc n cut down tea n gave up coffee. As caffeine can affect fertility n sperm count. It all counts :)
The ladies on here are great for giving helpful advice. N as we've all been there are happy to help. Good luck again :)
Lol I can't see my hubby getting bored, he loves looking at baby stuff- he's wanted a kid for a long time :)

We want to look at prams and such to get an idea on prices, and I'm sure we'll end up buying some baby grows or vests. Won't be able to resist :)
Yea my OH has wanted a family for far longer than me. Was so excited to go out but then it came to practical stuff n he decided he best leav it to me lol
Tho he's very excited about decorating the baby's room n building the cot etc ( he's a cabinet maker by trade ) which is very cute :)
He'll be involved in all the bigger purchases but clothes n blankets n stuff he's not too bothered by :)
Have fun today :)

Good luck Kelly and have fun shopping Dougal :)

I'm 24+5 today, had a couple of little leaks from my boobs but today as I was taking washing in I leaked on DH's shirts!! Need to go wash them again :-(

Has anyone else been leaking? I'm going on a plane tonight and wondering if I should put breast pads in now?!

Good luck Kelly and have fun shopping Dougal :) I'm 24+5 today, had a couple of little leaks from my boobs but today as I was taking washing in I leaked on DH's shirts!! Need to go wash them again :-( Has anyone else been leaking? I'm going on a plane tonight and wondering if I should put breast pads in now?!

Oh no, hope you're ok. I've not had any leaking at all and I'm 30 weeks tomorrow. Hope that doesn't mean my boobs aren't producing milk :(

Think some people do leak and some don't but don't think it reflects on your milk production xx

Just a bit embarrassing explaining to DH! Lol

Think some people do leak and some don't but don't think it reflects on your milk production xx

Just a bit embarrassing explaining to DH! Lol

No no it's def "normal"
Yea I kno what u mean. J asked what breast pads were for yesterday. I just said "I don't think u really want to know" n he was happy with that. For now lol

Good luck Kelly and have fun shopping Dougal :) I'm 24+5 today, had a couple of little leaks from my boobs but today as I was taking washing in I leaked on DH's shirts!! Need to go wash them again :-( Has anyone else been leaking? I'm going on a plane tonight and wondering if I should put breast pads in now?!

Ah bless you! Must be an odd sensation. I think I may have leaked slightly but not so much as to cause a damp patch and I've never actually noticed it happen. I have noticed yellow crusty patches on the inside of my bra and on my boobs which is apparently colostrum though? It's all a bit odd but yes, definitely normal. xxx

Hubby has told me he has about £100 to spend today :D

Just had brekkie and waiting for him to get home from his flying lesson :)

Back