Pregnancy and Slimming World

Oh ok thanks. I'm midwife led care. Not seen a consultant at all, and so far been measuring bang on what they expect so guess that's why I'm struck with 2 scans x

It's good that you don't need an extra scan though, it probably means you have more birth options than we do. I'm all but being strapped to a bed lol.

Nelly Yay to being in the third n final trimester.. i'm joining you there next week..Altho 2 of my apps congratulated me on getting there this week.. (26) but i'm sticking with 27th week being the start of it.. Seems if can vary from site to site going from 26-28 weeks.. So in between suits me :)

Cake your pram is gorgeous.. I think I'd have also cracked by now if I were you but you're right.. You've come this far not knowing....

PJ I've only had the scheduled 13 and 22 week scans and been told the 22 week one was the last scheduled... They said they'll only do them now if I'm having any issues so happy to not have them :D
But I am taking part in a genesis study so will have a scan 39 weeks... All it means for me is i'll see baby.. But won't be told anything about it.. They'll measure baby and perfrom a "biophysical profile or a "well-being" test"

You've always had big babies in the past though right so they could well be wrong. I find it hard to know how they can tell much by feel anyway tbh, it all seems so complicated! I can tell where baby is of course but I can't tell which way round he is etc.

It just worried me a bit when she said it but she's new I don't have much faith in her, I'm sure she didn't do my bp properly the cuff didn't go tight. :-?

I bet you're waddling now, it's really glamorous isn't it lol. Is baby engaged have you got the bowling ball in your knickers effect lol.

I'm definitely waddling but have been for a bit with my crap pelvis haha!

I'm not sure if he's engaged tbh, how do you tell? I had a lot of pressure in my bum the other night and the pain at the front of my pelvis has got a lot worse. Oh and changing position even slightly makes me nearly wet myself on some occasions! Are they all good signs? Not sure if bump has dropped, sometimes I think it has dropped a big but I'm still out of breath quite a lot so not sure...

Nelly Yay to being in the third n final trimester.. i'm joining you there next week..Altho 2 of my apps congratulated me on getting there this week.. (26) but i'm sticking with 27th week being the start of it.. Seems if can vary from site to site going from 26-28 weeks.. So in between suits me :)

Cake your pram is gorgeous.. I think I'd have also cracked by now if I were you but you're right.. You've come this far not knowing....

PJ I've only had the scheduled 13 and 22 week scans and been told the 22 week one was the last scheduled... They said they'll only do them now if I'm having any issues so happy to not have them :D
But I am taking part in a genesis study so will have a scan 39 weeks... All it means for me is i'll see baby.. But won't be told anything about it.. They'll measure baby and perfrom a "biophysical profile or a "well-being" test"

A lovely sneaky last minute scan sounds lovely. You may see if baby has hair at that point, it looks like a white halo on the scans.

I'm definitely waddling but have been for a bit with my crap pelvis haha!

I'm not sure if he's engaged tbh, how do you tell? I had a lot of pressure in my bum the other night and the pain at the front of my pelvis has got a lot worse. Oh and changing position even slightly makes me nearly wet myself on some occasions! Are they all good signs? Not sure if bump has dropped, sometimes I think it has dropped a big but I'm still out of breath quite a lot so not sure...

It'll say in your notes either free or 3/5 2/5 etc. it sounds like baby is right down there to me. Exciting!!!!

A lovely sneaky last minute scan sounds lovely. You may see if baby has hair at that point, it looks like a white halo on the scans.

Yea i'm excited for that one :) My 22 week scan pic was so clear that I can't even begin to imagine how much more I could possibly see at the 39 week one (if I can see anything with it being so close)
But its just nice to see bubs again :)

Yea i'm excited for that one :) My 22 week scan pic was so clear that I can't even begin to imagine how much more I could possibly see at the 39 week one (if I can see anything with it being so close) But its just nice to see bubs again :)

I could see quite a lot at 34 weeks so I bet you'll see a fair bit! V exciting :D xxx

Morning all

I had an appt with my consultant yesterday and had a growth scan 36 + 2 I have been having scans every two weeks due to my funny blood and anti bodies. Scan was amazing yesterday even saw hair on beans head! I discussed delivery options yesterday eek suddenly very close and very real!

Hope u are all well
X

Yeh my app said that last week as well but im happy with going on week 27, feels like a real milestone. I feel "substantially" pregnant ;)

How exciting to have a scan so close to baby being born, I have a 28 week one and 35 week, cant wait to see her again.

Morning all

I had an appt with my consultant yesterday and had a growth scan 36 + 2 I have been having scans every two weeks due to my funny blood and anti bodies. Scan was amazing yesterday even saw hair on beans head! I discussed delivery options yesterday eek suddenly very close and very real!

Hope u are all well
X

Ah how lovely to have seen baby and to have seen hair :D i bet it felt real talking about delivery options (I was chatting to my sister the other day about mine) scary!! x

Ah how lovely to have seen baby and to have seen hair :D i bet it felt real talking about delivery options (I was chatting to my sister the other day about mine) scary!! x

It was scary but also exciting - 1 step closer to meeting my little bundle! But it does feel weird when you've waited for something for so long and then it's nearly here! x x

Morning all

Hope u are all well
X
Kez, Do you mind me asking what your "funny blood and anti bodies" are??

Kez, Do you mind me asking what your "funny blood and anti bodies" are??

Ha no not at all - I have four different anti bodies in my blood and am also rhesus negative so I have to have anti D but also cause of the anti bodies they have had to monitor me carefully cause my blood could attack the babies blood and make them anaemic. I've been very lucky though as my levels have stayed stable but they also scan the baby fortnightly to check for signs of anaemia. Luckily touch wood everything has been fine so far!

X

Ha no not at all - I have four different anti bodies in my blood and am also rhesus negative so I have to have anti D but also cause of the anti bodies they have had to monitor me carefully cause my blood could attack the babies blood and make them anaemic. I've been very lucky though as my levels have stayed stable but they also scan the baby fortnightly to check for signs of anaemia. Luckily touch wood everything has been fine so far!

X
Oh right.. OK... I was asking coz my blood type is ArhD-... And as this is my first baby I'm a bit clueless as to what it means... They've explained the whole my antibodies attacking the baby if I have any bleeding but its all giberish to me really.. I just kinda follow my orders to be honest.. Which ATM is "if you have any bumps/falls/bleeding... come in to us" Otherwise carry on as normal...
Dunno if its in Ireland as a whole or just at my hospital, but they don't give an Anti D injection during the pregnancy unless I've had any bumps/falls/bleeding and then when bubs is here they'll check her blood and if she's negative I won't get any injection at all?!
I assume any future pregnancy/ies will be more closely monitored then but I don't really know

Oh right.. OK... I was asking coz my blood type is ArhD-... And as this is my first baby I'm a bit clueless as to what it means... They've explained the whole my antibodies attacking the baby if I have any bleeding but its all giberish to me really.. I just kinda follow my orders to be honest.. Which ATM is "if you have any bumps/falls/bleeding... come in to us" Otherwise carry on as normal...
Dunno if its in Ireland as a whole or just at my hospital, but they don't give an Anti D injection during the pregnancy unless I've had any bumps/falls/bleeding and then when bubs is here they'll check her blood and if she's negative I won't get any injection at all?!
I assume any future pregnancy/ies will be more closely monitored then but I don't really know

I'm the same as you to be honest - just follow what they say but here they give anti D at 28 weeks routinely. I think they do monitor subsequent pregnancies even more closely but I think why they are monitoring me so closely is due to the number of anti bodies. They also tested my Hubby's blood so they could work out which if any they had to worry about.

I'm the same as you to be honest - just follow what they say but here they give anti D at 28 weeks routinely. I think they do monitor subsequent pregnancies even more closely but I think why they are monitoring me so closely is due to the number of anti bodies. They also tested my Hubby's blood so they could work out which if any they had to worry about.

Im rhesus negative to and have already had to have the jab at 18 weeks due to a small bleed, thought I wouldnt need it again at 28 weeks but midwife confirmed that I still need it... :confused: dont know about you but it really hurt me! wasnt expecting it to feel like that.

Moan alert:

I really cant bare being at work... just want to be at home pottering about thinking about things I need to get baby, tidying ready for her arrival etc.

Got 31 days left to work :rolleyes: its killing me!

Moan alert: I really cant bare being at work... just want to be at home pottering about thinking about things I need to get baby, tidying ready for her arrival etc. Got 31 days left to work :rolleyes: its killing me!

I feel for you. I was feeling like that too. I'm down to 17 working days left but seriously even that fills too long. It's over 4 weeks because got leave to take each week. X

Im rhesus negative to and have already had to have the jab at 18 weeks due to a small bleed, thought I wouldnt need it again at 28 weeks but midwife confirmed that I still need it... :confused: dont know about you but it really hurt me! wasnt expecting it to feel like that.

I had the jab at 14 weeks due to a small bleed and then again at 28 weeks - it sure did hurt! X

Back