Pregnancy and Slimming World

Dougal, her name is Layla. :)

Nappies- Aldi have been absolutely brilliant, I can't fault them. Newborn 1 and 2 we've had no complaints with. In hospital I changed her nappy 24 times in 24 hours as she was pooptastic and at £1.69 a pack that's perfect.

Dougal, her name is Layla. :)

Nappies- Aldi have been absolutely brilliant, I can't fault them. Newborn 1 and 2 we've had no complaints with. In hospital I changed her nappy 24 times in 24 hours as she was pooptastic and at £1.69 a pack that's perfect.

Lovely name :)

I saw the aldi nappies a few weeks ago and didn't know if I should get them or not. Ill take your advise as an experienced mum and go and get a few packs this week.

Hi girls, hope you're all well and don't mind me stopping by still ;)

Re: nappies, we get pampers new baby and get on with them well. I wanted to use Naty as they're biodegradable but they gave Seth nappy rash :/ Boots own are ok but quite small size wise, Seth is just over 8lb currently and the size 1 nappies only just fit him.

Bottles - we have the mam self sterilising bottles and they're brilliant. You can either put them in a steriliser or do bottles individually which is v handy! Especially for us as we don't bottle feed very often but they'd be useful for out and about I would have thought.

Slings - we have a Close Caboo and it's lovely, really soft and perfect for newborns. Seth falls asleep in his and we use it around the house up get jobs done more than we do out of the house tbh! Although daddy does like baby wearing so they go out in it sometimes.

Finally - I know I've said it already but huge congrats Cake, Layla is gorgeous! xxx

Layla is a lovely name!

Thanks for for all the advice girls- I'll bear it all in mind.

Actually another question- has anyone tried the Waitrose essential nappies? Or know anyone who has?
They haven't been doing them that long (less than a year I'd say) but I'd get 15% discount on them (as I work there) and that'd work out really cheap!

Hi girls, hope you're all well and don't mind me stopping by still ;)

Re: nappies, we get pampers new baby and get on with them well. I wanted to use Naty as they're biodegradable but they gave Seth nappy rash :/ Boots own are ok but quite small size wise, Seth is just over 8lb currently and the size 1 nappies only just fit him.

Bottles - we have the mam self sterilising bottles and they're brilliant. You can either put them in a steriliser or do bottles individually which is v handy! Especially for us as we don't bottle feed very often but they'd be useful for out and about I would have thought.

Slings - we have a Close Caboo and it's lovely, really soft and perfect for newborns. Seth falls asleep in his and we use it around the house up get jobs done more than we do out of the house tbh! Although daddy does like baby wearing so they go out in it sometimes.

Finally - I know I've said it already but huge congrats Cake, Layla is gorgeous! xxx
I've heard from friends that Asda's are good too, and Huggies are the ones to avoid.

We've been given a steriliser and a bottle warmer so just need bottles now, most people I know are saying Avent and Tommee Tippe but I will look into the Mam ones too.

Been looking at the Little Possums website that Nellylou mentioned and oh wow they are lovely! Shall be researching thoroughly! X

Lovely name :)

I saw the aldi nappies a few weeks ago and didn't know if I should get them or not. Ill take your advise as an experienced mum and go and get a few packs this week.

Honestly they are a total bargain. We've not had any leaks or rashes and they fit perfectly. I won't ever convert back to pampers now unless I spot a bargain that's irresistible.

OMG Cake.. She's fabulous.. Congratulations.. Hope both Mammy and baby are doing well? x

Dougal, I'm gona use Aptmil formula if BF doesn't work as its meant to be closest to breastmilk... But I think they are all pretty much the same being honest.. Its just whatever suits baby best...
I've been advised to have 1 small tin in at home until baby arrives and we see what agrees with her... As not all baby's settle with a particular milk...
Bottles, I've got all Tommee Tippee.. had a nightmare as, like you, I went to have a look and was so overwhelmed by the varies brand and ranges within them brands.. So straight on to my Mum2Be site I went and asked for opinions... And that's what got the best recommendations...
Same with nappies.. I had no clue where to start.. Again, been recommended not to stock on too many of a particular brand as baby's skin could be sensitive to different ones so I've a pack of pampers, huggies and aldi nappies in the cupboard waiting to be tested... Aldi have been the highest recommended both for quality and price.. So really hoping they suit baby...
Its a pain not being able to stock up too much on things like the food n nappies as it could save a fortune when on standard maternity pay not having to buy them but better to be safe than sorry... Baby food can't be returned once purchased so I'd end up with a cupboard full of food that I couldn't use.. Same with nappies..

Oooh Dougal you've just made me want a hot cross bun! May have to take a trip to Tesco and grab some :p

Not sure on bottles, my sister who is pregnant with baby number 4 has just bought the tommee tippe ones...

In regards to a sling I want a fabric one that I can wrap her in indoors and outdoors.
I've been looking at a website called little possums at thestretchy wraps. X

Slings wise, I had a stretchy until Alex was a bit bigger. Then we switched to a combination of ring sling and then mei tai. Mei tai was great up til toddler sized.

This baby I bought an Amazonas fabric wrap, and a Lenny Lamb ring sling. Ring sling I am using just now with my 2.5 year old when he's tired and want's up, as you can doa hip carry in it. Looking forward to doing back carries in the fabric one when bubs 2 is here.

Nappies - found Huggies leaked in the smaller sizes, round the legs especially because they have wee skinny legs at that age. I used Sainsburys newborn (no problems), Aldi/Lidl were also decent. This one we're just cloth nappies as After a while the weekly money on nappies adds up, as does formula, if you go through a tin a week thats £500 odd quid (at least) at least a year on milk. Typical tight Scot here ;)

Formula, I can't help as I breast fed for the first 6 months, but when I expressed I used a combination of Avent and Tommee Tippee CTN. No issues with either. I'll be breastfeeding this one til they self wean.

Slings wise, I had a stretchy until Alex was a bit bigger. Then we switched to a combination of ring sling and then mei tai. Mei tai was great up til toddler sized.

This baby I bought an Amazonas fabric wrap, and a Lenny Lamb ring sling. Ring sling I am using just now with my 2.5 year old when he's tired and want's up, as you can doa hip carry in it. Looking forward to doing back carries in the fabric one when bubs 2 is here.

Nappies - found Huggies leaked in the smaller sizes, round the legs especially because they have wee skinny legs at that age. I used Sainsburys newborn (no problems), Aldi/Lidl were also decent. This one we're just cloth nappies as After a while the weekly money on nappies adds up, as does formula, if you go through a tin a week thats £500 odd quid (at least) at least a year on milk. Typical tight Scot here ;)

Formula, I can't help as I breast fed for the first 6 months, but when I expressed I used a combination of Avent and Tommee Tippee CTN. No issues with either. I'll be breastfeeding this one til they self wean.

Thank you for the advice, it's good to hear what experienced mums have used. I really like the look of the stretchy wrap and think ill get one :) also bought some Aldi nappies today which were only £1.69 compared to £5 something for pampers!

Urghhh girls, maybe tmi but since yesterday I've been getting shooting pains up my thingie (feels like that horrible feeling you get if you've ever had cystitus) anyone had similar?

Makes me cringe, happens when I'm standing mainly but also getting them while laying in the bath! Not nice :(

I'm 37 weeks on Friday, don't know if it's just my body doing its thing or if there's something wrong... Wouldn't say it's painful just really not a nice feeling.

Fanny daggers.... YEP... I get 'em!!!

Ahhh so that's fanny daggers! I thought id been getting them already but nothing like this, blurghhhh it's horrible - good to know I'm not alone tho ;)

Hi all!! Now my sickness (without the sick) is starting to go I feel ready to dedicate myself to slimming world.

The past few weeks have been crazy as aslong as I keep eating I have no sickness. So sticking to anything has been impossible.

So the slimming world says sw during pregnancy is fine but doesn't really recommend how to do it.
Do you guys have an extra a and b allowance?

Hi all!! Now my sickness (without the sick) is starting to go I feel ready to dedicate myself to slimming world.

The past few weeks have been crazy as aslong as I keep eating I have no sickness. So sticking to anything has been impossible.

So the slimming world says sw during pregnancy is fine but doesn't really recommend how to do it.
Do you guys have an extra a and b allowance?

Hey, pleased the sickness has started to go for you!
I just had an extra a and b choice on extra easy and if I was doing a red or green day if total 3 a choice and b choice.
How has your first day gone?

It's going quite well thanks....but when I feel sickness(usually at work) I can stop the feeling by eating. I have fruits and veg snacks but mainly I just want carbs. So I've had some mini cheddars or something which has put me slightly over my syns but hopefully the sickness feeling will pass.

so how are you ladies getting on with sw? ive gained fair bit but hoping to try and reduce it now!! x

so how are you ladies getting on with sw? ive gained fair bit but hoping to try and reduce it now!! x
I've been trying but most days I end up way over my Syns! I have a craving for Malteaser bunnies and Mini eggs which isn't helping!
I think so far (I'm almost 27 weeks) I've gained about 1 1/2 st -2st but I'm all bump and no weight has gone on anywhere else so I'm pleased about that.
Will have a proper weigh in on Saturday when I reach 27 weeks and that means start of the 3rd and final trimester eek!

I've been trying but most days I end up way over my Syns! I have a craving for Malteaser bunnies and Mini eggs which isn't helping!
I think so far (I'm almost 27 weeks) I've gained about 1 1/2 st -2st but I'm all bump and no weight has gone on anywhere else so I'm pleased about that.
Will have a proper weigh in on Saturday when I reach 27 weeks and that means start of the 3rd and final trimester eek!

Yeah I had some pretty bad weeks and I've gained 16lb.
I've been lucky so far and not really craved anything like that (so far!) Il be 25 weeks on Monday so trying to maintain or lose of possible!! X

Well I'm 39 weeks today.. Total gain (as of this mornings WI) is 1stone .2lbs...
Had an AN check today and am 2cm dilated :D and asked if they'd do a sweep.. Which the did.. So watch this space :D
She could feel baby's head n is pleased baby is far enough down and can't see me going past my Due Date.. But if I've not gone by next Thursday, they'll do another sweep.. :D

Well I'm 39 weeks today.. Total gain (as of this mornings WI) is 1stone .2lbs...
Had an AN check today and am 2cm dilated :D and asked if they'd do a sweep.. Which the did.. So watch this space :D
She could feel baby's head n is pleased baby is far enough down and can't see me going past my Due Date.. But if I've not gone by next Thursday, they'll do another sweep.. :D
Oh how exciting! :D

Back