Pregnancy

Hi SussexGirl & Rahelle!!

Did you see my messages on our hairy babies???

x

oooh, we cross posted!!

The strange thing is that we call our lab 'baby boy' too :D

He was 1 last week and is massive, very tall and lean for a lab. He's also very naughty :sigh:

I call my baby boy all sorts of nick names... mainly baby, angel and Mr/Mr Man!

How did your boy take to a baby being around or did you already have the baby?

We have been extremely lucky with our lab, he is such a good boy and was never a naughty puppy. He is 4 and a half now!

Ours is a very big boy, very broad and has massive paws and is tall too!

I am sure you love him naughty or not!!

x

my girls are 13 and 15 now, so no dogs on the scene when we had them. Buster is 1 now, so he is the only 'baby' in the house :D

He's the only boy in a house of 3 females and he loves all the attention.

My daughter has just brought him back from a walk and he stinks because he insists on jumping into every filthy pond, ditch and puddle he sees :sigh:

We do bath him sometimes, when we can't stand the smell anymore!!!!

hi Char

I only have one baby - he's 2 1/2 now! I do love babies though and I'm getting abit broody lately! I'm 36 so if i'm going to have another one i better get on with it:D

Our doggies! Chardonnay & Sussex Girl - I absolutely love labradors - black, choc and golden and fawn - they are the most affectionate and daftly funny dogs and I adore my baby boy. He is called Milo and we got four from the same litter, my best friend has his sister Madison, my Mum and Dad have his brother Merlin, my boyfs Mum and dad have his other brother Chester and of course I have Milo! We all meet up every other Sunday (we throw birthday parties for them too - they are 2 and half years old) and it is lovely to see but it is bedlam! He has been a poorly boy had 6 operations and has slight hip dysplasia in his left hip and is having what seem to be siezures at present so is undergoing tests - but I would not change him for the world - he is my baby and absolutely spoilt rotten. The dog walking really does me good for keeping weight off though as I find exercise so boring but with my doggie I walk for miles and hours and never get bored!!
Can I ask does your lab to the lab skitty happy dance?? The bum dips and they run backwards, forwards, around upstairs, downstairs laughing and grinning with the tongue lolling about usually when they get really excited!!

Babies & Pregnancy - Chardonnay, Sussex Girl, majic1982, stilltowide - We do always think when we are ready it will just happen - I still do and still can't believe I may only get my babies through IVF. I have been trying to conceive the fun way for 7 months to no avail as yet - I will keep you informed - trust me I will shout it to the world if I catch so I hope you will keep me informed also try to keep it fun while trying - it can get quite robotic!! lol :)
I must say though all medical professionals state being overweight is bad for your health so preganancy and being overweight at the time is no exception but I know loads of women with beautiful babies who are large and very large. A friend of mine is short and very wide and currently due to give birth anytime. She does suffer pre-eclampsia in preganancy (extreme high blood pressure due to preganancy) and they kept her well monitored but in comparison another friend who is slim got pre-eclampsia also so it just goes to show you can be any size and have complications or have none whatsoever.
I think with a C-section you have a deeper cut which can cause more problems but other than this I don't see personally any reason why women with bootilicious booties cannot have an enjoyable risk free preganancy - just got for it! Times a wasting and if you are ready you are ready - us women know when that biologocal clock starts up and it does not shut up ticking!!!
If you want to work out your ovulation cycle online go to Pregnancy, baby and toddler health information at BabyCentre UK and you can print off the next 6 months ovulation dates for yourself also. It has been an invaluable source of info for me and also I purchased 50 ovulations test kits with 15 pregnancy tests from ebay for £20.00 so this is a great deal.

Keep in touch guys and good luck to us all with our weight loss and babies and doggies!

Lol x x x

OUR DOGGIES AND PREGNANCY

Our doggies! Chardonnay & Sussex Girl - I absolutely love labradors - black, choc and golden and fawn - they are the most affectionate and daftly funny dogs and I adore my baby boy. He is called Milo and we got four from the same litter, my best friend has his sister Madison, my Mum and Dad have his brother Merlin, my boyfs Mum and dad have his other brother Chester and of course I have Milo! We all meet up every other Sunday (we throw birthday parties for them too - they are 2 and half years old) and it is lovely to see but it is bedlam! He has been a poorly boy had 6 operations and has slight hip dysplasia in his left hip and is having what seem to be siezures at present so is undergoing tests - but I would not change him for the world - he is my baby and absolutely spoilt rotten. The dog walking really does me good for keeping weight off though as I find exercise so boring but with my doggie I walk for miles and hours and never get bored!!
Can I ask does your lab to the lab skitty happy dance?? The bum dips and they run backwards, forwards, around upstairs, downstairs laughing and grinning with the tongue lolling about usually when they get really excited!!

Babies & Pregnancy - Chardonnay, Sussex Girl, majic1982, stilltowide - We do always think when we are ready it will just happen - I still do and still can't believe I may only get my babies through IVF. I have been trying to conceive the fun way for 7 months to no avail as yet - I will keep you informed - trust me I will shout it to the world if I catch so I hope you will keep me informed also try to keep it fun while trying - it can get quite robotic!! lol :)
I must say though all medical professionals state being overweight is bad for your health so preganancy and being overweight at the time is no exception but I know loads of women with beautiful babies who are large and very large. A friend of mine is short and very wide and currently due to give birth anytime. She does suffer pre-eclampsia in preganancy (extreme high blood pressure due to preganancy) and they kept her well monitored but in comparison another friend who is slim got pre-eclampsia also so it just goes to show you can be any size and have complications or have none whatsoever.
I think with a C-section you have a deeper cut which can cause more problems but other than this I don't see personally any reason why women with bootilicious booties cannot have an enjoyable risk free preganancy - just got for it! Times a wasting and if you are ready you are ready - us women know when that biologocal clock starts up and it does not shut up ticking!!!
If you want to work out your ovulation cycle online go to Pregnancy, baby and toddler health information at BabyCentre UK and you can print off the next 6 months ovulation dates for yourself also. It has been an invaluable source of info for me and also I purchased 50 ovulations test kits with 15 pregnancy tests from ebay for £20.00 so this is a great deal.

Keep in touch guys and good luck to us all with our weight loss and babies and doggies!

Lol x x x

i have 4 two legged babies, and 2 4 legged babies.
my kids are age 15, 5,3 and 2. i was overwieght with most preganacies as i ate for 10, the last 2 are not even a year apart. sam was 8 weeks old when i caught for olivia... too much booze on holiday !! i was around 16/17 ( at term)stone with all of them . i also had all my babies born by c section , so they tied up the tubes on the last one !!! ( walk past my hubby and i was pregnant).
with the last one i was chucking out loads of protein and they were quering pre eclampsia but my bp kept me out of hosp. very ill 9 days after having her and got rushed in on a 999 ...... but all is well now and i have 4 beautiful children albeit very naughty .
my other 2 babies are ruby and rosie a pair of very naughty , playful , loveable, boxer dogs ....... my husband often comments we should have had 4 dogs.
i admire you for getting into shape before having a baby , i wish i had. also sensible eat ... all i wanted wwas cadburys dairy milk , large bars only and macdonalds !!!! wish i had craved salad.

Hiya Sue

I lurve boxers too - they are so daft and playful - love em love em!
Wow four kids too - your household must be busy. My household is quiet and being the only child has always been quiet - I want a noisey, busy, bustling household too!!!

I don't think anyone craves anything healthy when pregnant although I love gherkins so I hope I crave those!!!

As for cravings now I always crave for chocolate and sweet stuff before and during my monthlies. Can anyone advise me on this? I am on Lipotrim and the shakes are sweet but I get terrible cravings for junk when it is monthly time!!

I know Slimming World is safe while pregnant but what if I catch now and I am on Lipotrim - will it affect my growing baby as they say it's the first 12 weeks that is vital for development?

Lol
Rachelle

DOGS AND BABIES

HI CHAR WISH U ALL THE LUCK HUN DONT DELAY START TODAY.. I ALSO HAVE A CHOC LAB CALLED REVEL HE IS 14 MONTHS OLD ADORABLE BUT HE HAS JUST STARTED TO EAT THINGS ..HE HAS ALWAYS ATE SHOES BUT JUST LATELY ANYTHING WILL DO. HE ATE MY PHONE CABLE AND MY PC CABLE 2 DAYS AGO DAMN DOG...:mad::mad::mad::mad: ALSO WHEN I WALKING HIM HE PULLS LIKE MAD, HAVE HAD TO PUT A HARNESS ON HIM NOW.. ANY TIPS.. I ALSO HAVE 2 CHILDREN CHLOE 12 AND ELISHA 7. XXX

Char - start trying now...fertilityfriend.com is a great site with loads of tips....

On my son - I was 14 stone the day I found out...my weight went to 16 and a half stone the day he was born and then I got down to 12 and a half and stayed like that for a while then put on 2 stone and lost it again through WW.

On my daughter, I was 12 stone 8 pounds when I found out I was pregnant with her, I went up to 14stone 10 with her...got down to 13 after she was born and then put it on...was 14, 13 when I started CD...am 13 10 now...

I also have PCOS which doesn't make things easy for me either...

We've 2 dogs at home, a German Pointer and a wire haired pointer puppy(although he's nearly the size of the other fella!!)

Hiya Karen!

You have been a great help! Thank you so much!!!

I would never have thought of going to a slimming club whilst pregnant! I will have to see where my nearest SW is! That is amazing that you was slimmer of the week every week. Suppose it helps that you want to be healthier for the baby and also in my case I won't be drinking wine etc...

Are you doing SW at the moment?

Char x

As far as I know, SW is the only one that u can do while pregnant but WW might have a specific plan for pregnancy now. I was doing herbalife...then CD but am in my 2nd week back at SW. I did well on it b4 and dunno why i didnt come back to this in the first place!

btw...i think it was more the morning sickness that made me lose lol.

Anyways...what u doing posting on here?? go make some babies! :p xxxx

Did you have type2 diabetes just during the pregnancy? I know my sister-in-law had diabetes during pregnancy but is fine when not? Do you still have it?
I dont have it now thank goodness, but was told Im a candidate for it in later life due to family history and weight issues, Im so pleased Ive lost the bulk now as it makes me feel I have tried to help it.

I feel all grown up making grown up decisions!
I felt like that, and it took me 6 weeks to get pregnant, how scary!!!!

Came off the pill and the test was positive 6 weeks later, the gods shined on us that day x

I am so annoyed... I spent 45mins posting replies to you all and now this p*xy laptop has somehow lost it... I think it has something to do with mouse pad!

Urgh... will post tomorrow... annoyed now! Love to you all xxx

For all the dog and lab lovers have you read Marley and Me ? I finished that book last week and cried laughing at the antics of that dog - well worth a read:))

Hi All

Back at work today so will try to respond to all your replies (and condense them at the same time!).

Sussex Girl - I do worry about my "baby" getting his nose seriously put out of joint! I am sure he will be fine though!

My boy loves puddles and anything wet too! Unfortunately he needs to have a bath at least once a week because he is alergic to house dust mites!

JodieJoJo - Oooh! Go on... have another!!! Any plans on when you want to start trying for your second?

Rachelle - I love labradors too! I would love to breed one day but don't think I will breed the labradour because I think they are over bred and over publicised (which is not a bad thing) but I think people will get a cute "Andrex Dog" and not realise how much work goes into having a dog and that they grow up one day. I have offered my services to some labradour rescue centres which are crying out for staff as they have so many dogs that are mistreated. Unfortunately I was not able to volunteer because I could not take my boy with me and I seriously do not think that I would be able to go home without taking at least one with me!!!

That is great that you have 4 of the litter! Sounds like they get on really well, I am sure it is total bedlum!!!

It is such a shame that yours is having all these problems! My boy has severe hip dysplasia so we need to be careful with him. Fortunately he is still young but we anticipate having problems with him when he gets older. It is going to absolutely break my heart!!!

I don't know if it is the same "dance" as you are talking about but Harvey has these "mad half hours" where he runs round and round in circles and diving to a stop and goes down on his front paws and then round and round in circles again... normally grunting and laughing away! I am sure it is the same one! BLESS!!! I want another one!!!

I really hope that you get pregnant the fun way! Are you on the CD diet at the moment? Do you have much to loose? Please, please, PLEASE let us know how you get on. It will be really good to keep in touch!

Will try to keep the trying fun! I use to be an Ann Summers rep but unfortunately my hubby does not like any of the toys!

I know two girls who are both on the very large side and had no problems while being pregnant and now have beautiful babies. I don't know if they did not tell me the whole story of the tiredness etc. while being overweight and pregnant but they seemed to get along just fine. Although both of them drove to work whereas I have a 20min walk and have to get the train etc. Don't know if this would knacker me out!

My Sister-in-Law has suffered with diabetes in both pregnancies and never has it when not pregnant!

Thank you very much for the liink that you sent me. I have not been on it yet but I am at work and don't want "nosey" people seeing what website I am on!

Let me know how you get on with all your possible IVF treatments and how your "baby" gets on with his too!

Love Char xx

MommySue - Good to hear that you are very fertile! It gives me some hope for when I start trying! I love boxers!!! I think 4 dogs would have been just as hard work as 4 children though!

I hope to loose as much weight as possible before getting pregnant but if it happens it happens and I will just deal with it.

SkinnyMonkey1Day - My boy was a very good puppy but I have heard some right awful stories with their antics! The only thing that harvey really done was chew through a cordless phone cable (which was unplugged fortunately), 3 months supply of contact lenses (he loves cardboard) and a whole lot of DVD's and PS2 games that were in a cardboard box but no other real dramas!

The only tip I have for the not pulling thing is to have him "done". Harvey use to be a right little sod and would not walk next to you but now he is an angel! We wanted to stud him out a few times but with his hip dysplasia we had him done straight away and noticed the difference within the first few weeks!

Mia01101 - I have just logged onto that website. Will try to have a little sneaky look when there is no one around!

Does not sound like you picked up too much weight during both pregnancy - gives me hope anyway!

I absolutely love the pointers!!! I want to breed with the German Short Haired pointers! They are lovely animals!!!

Octavia - I have not read that book! I will keep an eye out for it!!!

Well ladies, what we are going to do is wait until my DH gets paid at Xmas as it will have his Xmas bonus in it and we are going to get some work done around the house (i.e. plaster the walls in the spare room, new carpet etc. - and maybe knock down a chimney breast in our room as our room is so SMALL!) and hopefully start trying in the new year. Obviously we are not going to be "safe" until then so if it happens along the way then great but will start getting all the details of ovulation dates etc. and start "working" at it seriously from January... Ooohh! Can't wait! Maybe I will be able to loose loads of weight from the extra exercise!!!

I am back on 790 as from yesterday so will hopefully get a few more stone off before I actually "fall".

Wish me luck!!!

Thank you all for all your messages - you have really all been a great help!

Love
Char xxx

Hi Char,

Just catching up with your thread. Fantastic news that you are considering trying for a Baby!!! How exciting!!

I was 15 s 7 when me and DH decided to start and was doing the SW diet. Unfortunately when I was pregnant, I didn't want to eat anything healthy - the idea of eating fruit, veg and salads, made it even worse and I had indigestion (Jessica was a very hairy baby!!). Needless to say I gained 5 stone!! - but don't panic, that was my fault and no one else's!!

Me and DH have decided that we would like another one as Jessica is now almost 2 years....but we have decided that we both need to loose more weight before we try in earnest.
I suffered really badly through my pregnancy with back ache because of my size and I don't want another summer of swollen ankles either!!!

Come on, we can do this together and have our little bundles of joy at the end....what more of an incentive would you need?

Char your back! Not spoke to you in ages! glad you had a good hol and I'm so excited for you & trying for a baby!!!!

N xx

Back