Pregnant and obese!!!

Don't worry too much about losing weight while pregnant. If you are eating healthily and taking gentle exercise then you are doing what you need to. A pregnant woman only needs 200 calories extra a day which is a slice of toast or a yoghurt. I ate for 2 while pregnant and boy do I regret it now. I had a textbook pregnancy and perfect baby despite my not-as-healthy-as-it-could-have-been diet. I think I balanced out my chocolate cravings with plenty of fruit and veg.

All you mummies-to-be look after yourselves. Take it easy and remember there's plenty of time to diet after baby's born.

Hi

I know a women who joined sw as soon as she found out she was pregnant and once baby was born she actually weighed a stone less than her pre preganancy weight it was amazing. Im not sure how ling they let you weigh. I was doing ww when found out I was pregnant and they let me weigh in until I was 12weeks. I would join sw and not tell them your pregnant until 12weeks. The diet is very healthy and you can eat as much as you like until you are full - it just has to be the right foods. I found it made my diet way healthier.

Well I'm a bit peed off today!!

Got my appointment through from the dietitian which I agreed to be refferred for cuz my bmi being 32.... Thinking it would help throughout my pregnancy....

When is it I hear u say?

26th October!!!!!!!!

I will be 30 weeks and personally I feel it is a bit soddin pointless as when baby is out I am joining a soddin sw group!!! As u get extra healthy extras while breastfeeding and I kno it's the only diet I get on with... Feel like canceling!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

hi leanne. why dont you just join a slimming world group now. its the only one the docs recommend and will let you do. you just have to get consent off your midwife. they give you extra healthy extras during pregnancy and have a whole booklet just for us pregnant women.

my cousin whos not long had her baby, joined slimming world when she was about 25weeks and she lost more than a stone in the rest of her pregnancy and pretty much ate what she wanted, as you know they dont resrict your intake of the healthy stuff.

ive only just found out im pregnant but am hoping to keep gain to a minimum. i put 4st on in my last pregnancy.

hope this helps hun, good luck.

kerryxxx

Thing is I can't afford to go
Group and my motivation at home hasn't been there with the sickness I had and still
Get :( which is why I agreed. Why don't they just refer to sw instead of a dietition? Wish I didn't agree as seems pointless I wanted help
Now :( x

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 2lb

I'm 24 weeks and 2 days today and I gained a pound this week. Which means since I found out I was pregnant I have gained a grand total of 4lb! And I haven't been on plan once yet. Am thinking of starting bk sw again from Sunday as we have some money!!

Although sickness has returned!!

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 3pm

Wow, you seem to be doing great on your own anyway

thought i would share with you all...

here is my bump and me at 25 weeks.

after looking at the photo i look all bump really... i see that weight seems to have some how 'shifted' from my legs and arms.

Been back on plan as of yesterday - and feeling GREAT!!! :) will keep you all posted how i get on each week following SW and being in the third trimester :)

Attachments

• leeannebump25week.jpg
    leeannebump25week.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 150
Looking great!!

I lost 2lb :) only been on plan 2 days!!! But since Jacob went big school I walk him there and back so wonder if that's why ?

Either way I'm 25 weeks 3 days and am only 2lb heavier since the day I found out :)

Start weight: 14s 7lb pre-preg: 13s13lb current: 14s 1lb

Leeanne910 said:
I lost 2lb :) only been on plan 2 days!!! But since Jacob went big school I walk him there and back so wonder if that's why ?

Either way I'm 25 weeks 3 days and am only 2lb heavier since the day I found out :)

That's brilliant, I am 30 weeks and have put on 16lbs! I'm not following any diet just trying to cut out rubbish but my craving has been salt n vinegar crisps, the stronger the better! Mccoys crinkle ones are my favourite.

Mmmm crisps!!!

I haven't been on plan since last couple of days but I kno that you can do slimming world while pregnant so I just try to follow it as much as possible from home. But I think my body is doing it on it's own. I lost while pregnant with my first, maybe my metabolism kicks in!! I just have to make sure when baby is here I don't fall into bad habbits!! Xx

Back