pregnant and sad to stop cambridge diet

leeds123

Silver Member
hi

i have been doing cambridge diet for 8 weeks and lost one and half stone and i am near my goal of 11 st. however, i recently did a test and am pregnant. I am in the high eleven stone bracket and am terrified that i will gain everything i lost back.

please can someone help me get some perspective on my life please. I want this baby (i got pregnant straight away whihc i am reeling from!!!) but i was just getting my life back together with losing the weight and now i feel scared and sad and disappointed in myself. i feel i will re-gain it all and feel horrid again. sorry to whinge but the last few years i have been very down about myself and this last couple of months has been ggreat.

don't get me wrong, i am glad to be pregnant but am scared - and irrational! please help me find a way to keep my weight down!

I think SW diet , I know thats ok . have a look into that . you will be ok

I was on LT - lost 65llbs - gained 40llbs while pregnant however I am back to where I started when the baby was 5 months......I didnt go back to LT.......but followed a low GI plan plus breast feeding.

Enjoy your pregnancy!!!

Hiya,
Perspective ....ok, I am losing all this weight just to get pregnant.
My last and only pregnancy ended in a stillbirth. I was seriously ill.
That was in March 2007 and Im still fighting the fight.
You're pregnant, it's a blessing...a gift. Enjoy it, savour every last moment.
Be strong, dont eat junk...just have a healthy diet, you can also exercise to help keep things in check. Swimming is fab when pregnant.
Bottom line, I would personally do ANYTHING to be in your position right now.
I really couldnt care less if I gained 50lbs when being pregnant...as long as I had a healthy happy baby at the end of it.
Perhaps you should talk with the doctor or a nurse about your concerns, they are probably the most qualified to help in this situation and can advise on excatly what you should or should not be doing diet wise.
I wish you lots of health and happiness xxx

Hi i agree with Prinzessin, i know soooo many people that would chop their arm off to have a baby- you are so lucky to be pregnant and having a healthy baby.
Talk to you CC - their are different eating options to follow- but you need to just be eating a healthy balanced diet for your baby, so if you put on weight whilst being pregnant- so bl**dy what at the end of the day, you can always loose it again afterwards?!
Think possitively, you are going to have a baby- that toally rocks!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xxx Lizzie xxX

OMG - thank you all. It has sunk in now and i cannot believe how selfish i was being. I am just so over emotional right now and cannot stop crying! My CD has confirmed i cannot do CD whilst pregnant and it is starting to sink in now.

I plan on doing the SW plan and to be honest I am just gonna try my best with the diet thing. Thank you for your replies and hopefully i will keep posting on here and getting great replies.

good luck in your journeys ladies and thank you for your messages. every single one helps.

Good luck with SW , you will have lots to eat on that and only baby weight you will gain !

30flirty - are you pregnant too? I do plan on staying here but since i found out last week i have not planned what i am eating and have eaten whatever the kids and hubby are having. am gonna be more careful from today though.

30flirty - are you pregnant too? I do plan on staying here but since i found out last week i have not planned what i am eating and have eaten whatever the kids and hubby are having. am gonna be more careful from today though.

Unfortunately I am not pregnant following a miscarriage in january, I learnt how much I want to be pregnant. I am hoping that 2009 may be the year for me.

I just love hearing about people who are preggars hoping that one day it will be me!!

OMG - thank you all. It has sunk in now and i cannot believe how selfish i was being. I am just so over emotional right now and cannot stop crying! My CD has confirmed i cannot do CD whilst pregnant and it is starting to sink in now.

I plan on doing the SW plan and to be honest I am just gonna try my best with the diet thing. Thank you for your replies and hopefully i will keep posting on here and getting great replies.

good luck in your journeys ladies and thank you for your messages. every single one helps.

Good luck with the SW diet, it is a very good eating plan to follow. If you are still pannicking about what to eat why don't you ask your doc to reffer you to a dietian (sp?!) for some more advice?
Anyway good luck with your pregnancy and make sure you do keep posting on here, we will miss you if you go! And of course, we will want to see pics of your baby when she/he is born!!!
Take care :hug99:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

I would recommend slimming world as a healthy eating plan while pregnant. Congratulations :)

Hiya leeds - remeber me? congratulations on your pregnancy and like the others i am longing to be pregnant! am ttc now even though im still overweight. Bugger the weight lovely and enjoy the prenancy, getting the weight off afterwards gives you a challenge. And if you keep at the slimming world plan and the breastfeed you will find you will gain hardly anything and bf will help get the lbs off!

oh yes definately breast feed its the best way to lose weight after pregnancy. Seriously i went down to 8st bf.ing my daughter.

First of all, I'd like to say congrats on the pregnancy.
Secondly,SW will be great..you get so much free food, so much choice that it doesn't seem like you're dieting anyway.
My friend followed SW when she was pregnant,and at her first weigh in after having Oliver,she weighed less than she did before the pregnancy :)

Back