Prep for starting!

One of the early tasks in the Beck book is exactly that - list the advantages for you for losing the weight, and then read them at least twice a day, it really does make a big difference in keeping you strong / reminding you why you're doing this, especially on days when you get a bit wobbly and feel like you could eat everything in sight!

I've ordered it too lol

good luck n welcome its amzing here :)

Yes welcome and I echo what everyone else has said just so's I don't have to say it again :) Look forward to following your journey!

Welcome from me too! This forum has been a life saver for me. Its not an easy diet, but once you get over day 3 or 4 it gets much better. It takes time for the body to adjust to this so be patient. Also as above its good advice to reduce carbohydrates in advance. Some folk wean themselves off caffeine too as this can cause headaches on VLCD but its up to you. Take it easy for the first week or so, be gentle with yourself, don't try to exercise too much - but then just watch your goals unfold.
For me it works and I feel physically and emotionally better than I have in years. I was only going to do it for six weeks in March - but now I am hooked. 100% for three and half months. I only weigh once a month too - but most people weigh every week.
Stock up on black bags to take your oversized clothes to charity shops - that's happens much sooner than you think.

So good luck!

GSQ

Last edited:
Hello! Welcome and good luck! Same as all of the above. It really does get easier after the initial first few days, I certainly wouldn't be near the end of week 5 if not for this forum. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fantastic! Thanks for all the support, guys :)

Can't wait to get stuck in!!

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top - but i've had a few questions flying round my head all morning!

I've spent the last few days really concentrating on how I feel when i'm at work, and as i'm so busy, I think I could get away with having a shake morning and evening, and a bar at work (along with copious water, of course!!) I've decided to not let anybody know that i'm doing this as I know exactly what their responses would be, and exactly how i'd react to those responses! :p

So not having to mix shakes at work would be a godsend.

Anyway - my questions are;

• Are you ok to still smoke whilst on the TS plan?
  • What sort of mixer would you recommend for the shakes? (A manual one would be fab - get a bit of exercise in whilst shaking n'all!)
  • Do you mix the shakes with water or milk? I couldn't find any information on their website.
  • Are there any bits and bobs I should think about buying which would help me along on the plan? Vitamins, mixers, straws etc etc.

I'm just trying to cover every eventuality before I start! I like to know i'm prepared and have my head in the right place. I have just received an email saying my Beck book and workbook have been dispatched so I should get them in the next few days to start working through.

I'm so excited :D

Last edited:
Are you ok to still smoke whilst on the TS plan?

Yes, if you want to.

But if you have thought about stopping smoking, then this might be a good time. Ketosis will take away the physical hunger pangs, which means it might be easier to not smoke at all. Just a thought.

What sort of mixer would you recommend for the shakes? (A manual one would be fab - get a bit of exercise in whilst shaking n'all!)

I've seen a Biggest Loser shaker being recommended. Or consider a smoothie maker, as you will be able to blend ice into the shakes - which great for warmer weather.

Do you mix the shakes with water or milk? I couldn't find any information on their website.

Water. Cold or warm, but never boiling.

Are there any bits and bobs I should think about buying which would help me along on the plan? Vitamins, mixers, straws etc etc.

If you are going to be drinking tap water, then I would recommend a water filter. It makes a big difference for me, as our water isn't that great out of the tap.

You could consider other bars if you want something that tastes a bit nicer than the Exante ones. Asda Measure Up Bars, Tesco Ultra Slim Bars or Biggest Loser Bars - just make sure they are meal replacement bars and not snack bars.

A sugar free breath freshener spray is highly recommended. Never leave home without it.

I got my Beck Diet Solution book yesterday and I read the first 30'ish pages last night. It sounds very interesting so far and could be very useful along with Exante (or any diet).

Back