Preparation for a holiday

cheryl7

I'm flying off on the 17th to visit family and am sitting here planning my pp/pv days. I'll be staying with them for 1 week and was planning on doing pv days when I'm there as it'll make things soooo much easier.

Now I know that 5/5 is allowed, but I was wondering if we can do 7/7, so I do 7xpp the week before I go, and then 7xpv while I'm there... or is that too extreme? The only other option is to do 5xpp before I go, 7xpv while I'm there and then 3xpp when I get back?

I know I've got a couple of weeks to sort this out, but I like to be organised!!

There are 3 parts of the Dukan diet which are life-long commitments.

1.) never taking lifts or escalators.
2.) Eating oatbran every day
3.) one in every 7 days, for the rest of your life, is PP.

So no, 7/7 isn't possible.

But - 6pv/1pp would be - just pick one day out of the week, and try to keep that one pp.

I wouldn't advise tweaking the rules on cruise, but I have done so occasionally since being on stab (and even on conso as I no longer enjoy pasta so rarely have it, preferring to swap for another carb).

If I've had a 'clean' week (ie no gala meals, weekends with friends, etc) then I will do a 'green PV day' instead of the strict white PP Thursday. Basically, it's PP as normal but adding in some green veg (which is low carb). Spinach is my personal favourite, but you could check out the carb levels of others. To offset this, I cut out the yogurt (which I rarely have on a Thursday anyway) and don't have any tolerated items.

Only as a holiday measure, if at all, and not as a way of life, at least not until you have your weight loss stabilised. Even better would be PP day though - easy enough by having omelette for lunch and a steak for dinner and leaving veg on side of plate that day.:)

Back