preparation

xeilidhx

Gold Member
does it get any easier guys? I'm managing the diet ok, but my goodness the planning needed each night to make 2-3 meals for the next day is lengthy!! (ie breakfast for at the pool, lunch and dinner for at work!). feel like i'm living my life out of tupperware dishes....

aaah there are ways of making this easy. I tend to batch cook at weekends, and freeze things in portion sized packages. Often having leftovers at lunch from previous night's dinner etc.

Breakfast is easy as I love savoury muffins, so I bake four days' worth at a time...

;)

I too go for muffins for breakfast and bake a double batch of 4 days worth on Sunday for the week. I also cook up a batch of various pure protein dishes to grab for lunch over the first few days of the week. The freezer is your friend - on PV days I tend to make family sized versions of a stew or lasagne and freeze in single portions for lunch or quick dinners during the week.

I make up dry mixes for muffins, gallettes, bread etc in jars - then it's just a question of dumping the appropriate number of tablespoons into a bowl with egg/fromage frais etc and 2 minutes in the microwave.

As to the rest - it becomes second nature after a while. I've got used to cooking at the weekend and freezing half of everything I cook.

Supermarkets provide tuna, prawns, yogurt, tomatoes, celery, carrots, lemons, cottage cheese etc on those days when I forget to take lunch - if you have a microwave at work prawns, spring onions, coriander and lemon juice are transformed in to Thai style soup in minutes.

I also carry emergency supplies in a packet of my handbag - a pack of biltong, a small tin of tuna with a ring pull, a sachet of mustard, some packets of splenda, a napkin and a plastic spork.

I also carry plastic cutlery in the car for times im caught short and resort to going to the supermarket for salad. i usually pick up some cooked chicken, tuna or prawns to go with it & possibly a yoghurt.

Thanks for the ideas guys. Already have sugar free jelly and cutlery in the car but it's hard to organise meals when you're leaving 6am and getting back at 11pm! X

Thanks for the ideas guys. Already have sugar free jelly and cutlery in the car but it's hard to organise meals when you're leaving 6am and getting back at 11pm! X

I sympathise - I work a similar schedule some days, but I'm lucky enough to have a pretty well equipped kitchen at work.

Have you thought of getting a fridge for your car? I have seen versions that plug into the cigar-socket. That would allow you to keep yogurts, salads etc crisp, and muffins nice and fresh.

Also as cruise progresses I have found take-away outlets that can provide Dukan friendly option.

Pret-a-manger has a good fresh undressed tuna salad, for example - I just leave the potatoes and eat the rest. And when my team eat out for lunch I've been able to steer them to places that do sashimi, steak and salad, grilled fish, chicken and veg etc -

Back