preparing food for family

SophieLiz

how do you guys cope? cooking for my son and husband is breaking me!!! Im feeling very guilty as when making my sons dinner tonight i stole half a rasher of bacon and also stuck my finger in some houmous earlier too :( ive been fine so far and im a week and a half in now. I dont even no why i did it i wasnt hungry i just thought 'oooo food!'

so short of gaffa taping my mouth shut how do i get over my urge to lick all my families food?

Can't tell you how I cope as I haven't started yet lol but this is something I'm starting to worry about too. Don't feel bad about it hun. It's completely natural to want to eat, and right now it's what your body wants to do as it's probably thinking 'hey what the heck's going on, there's some bacon but there's none for me?! Eat itttttt!!!' Like you said, you weren't hungry so I'd say it was just a blip due to old habits

New day tomorrow :) x

SophieLiz said:
how do you guys cope? cooking for my son and husband is breaking me!!! Im feeling very guilty as when making my sons dinner tonight i stole half a rasher of bacon and also stuck my finger in some houmous earlier too :( ive been fine so far and im a week and a half in now. I dont even no why i did it i wasnt hungry i just thought 'oooo food!'

so short of gaffa taping my mouth shut how do i get over my urge to lick all my families food?

I used to put a piece of orange peel between my teeth, it worked for a bit. But then I got them to do more cooking for themselves - they were older of course. But as the weight fell off we had a deal of 'self catering' until I finished. That with family meals on Friday or Saturday night (my version of add a meal) seemed to work.
It's not for life.

GSQ

Not sure - I abandon ship and have a bath and leave my OH to cook the dinner - I feel guilty that I'm leaving him to it and not being helpful/social - but at the end of the day he wants me to be happier, healthier (and sexier), so in the meantime he has to step up ;)

S x

Ya don't have that issue myself, but i'm sure i'll be challanged come wednesday cause I have my sisters 3 kids to look after and will have to feed them..
It's not an easy thing to have to do.. its like sitting an alcholic down on from of drink.. will they wont they..
You'll find something that works for you hun..

I actually don't find cooking the food hard, I enjoy it more now than I did when I was cooking it for me aswell, its when My OH or son leaves a bit and I just want to eat it! Made the little one meat balls today and he left 2!! I swear they were saying "eat me, eat me" lol... I didnt though, and binned them right away! :)

I am the same as Lady24, i dont mind cooking meals, I love the smells. Yes it would be great to eat it but as long as ive had my pack and topped up on water im not that bothered. However I do miss sitting eating a meal with the family so when it comes to them sitting down to eat I make myself scarce and usually come on here! Ive also encouraged my sons to start doing their own dishes now. I hate scrapping the waste into the bin. So they have started doing that and washing up so thats a big help for me.

Last edited:
Not started yet - but i have been on atkins before and never had a problem with the boys eating whatever they were having and me having some eggs or something. My fiancee does all the cooking as I have carpal tunnel and peripheral neuropathy so cant pick anything heavy up and do stupid stuff like picking things up straight from the oven with no gloves and coz of the neuropathy I dont realise I have burnt myself.
As for getting rid of leftovers... i love being the one to feed them to the puppy as he gets all excited following the plates to his bowl bless him. (I say puppy, we've had him 3 years now! my OH brought him for me when I first got ill as an insentive to get out of bed and play with him)

Back