Preparing myself for 5:2

Thanks guys. Belvitas are a bit like Pringles, once you start eating them you can't stop so they may not be the best thing to start the day with.
Hoping my next fasting day is just as successful x

Belvita breakfast bars are way way way too addictive! Especially the new ones with yogurt in! I've actually had to stop buying them for my son, feel bad on him but I couldn't handle them being in my cupboards I ended up eating them all then having to buy him more but now I just won't get them in coz I know they put me right off track and unleash the carb monster inside of me haha x

Mmm one thing on my list of never ever ever ever try lol

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

I have a slight addiction to them. I tell myself to just eat the 2 biscuits but it never happens x

Today is my first fast day. I have had 60 cals so far. And have drank plenty of water. I didn't have breakfast as I was at the dentist early this morning, and my teeth still hurt now. I have got a WW ready meal for tea and an activia yoghurt. I am hoping to lose about 4 stone.

Your doing super well. I've had a cuppa soup and a slice of bread so far so it's going well today. :) I have 2.5 stone to lose xx

Hey guys can I join please .

I'm starting the 5:2 with tues/sat being my fast days ! I'm at 8st 12 now and want to maintain and any loss will be a bonus ! I'm interested to see what calories you eat on feast days or what kind of meals you eat..

. What's the kind of normal amount of calories to consume on feast days ?? I will have zero problems with fast days being a previous yo yo dieter this will be easy for me i think lol!!!!

26 yrs Female 8st 12lb 5ft 2in

think I may try my first ever fast day tomorrow!
im 26, 5ft 9ins and about 13st :-(
been toying with the idea of 5:2 for a while now

I found if I ate breakfast on a fast day I spent the entire day wanting to eat. I now put off eating as long as I can (filling up with water and black coffee or herbal tea), then have a small bowl of berries (strawberries and blueberries are a favourite) with a 10 cal jelly pot (usually at about 3pm). Then will have a proper meal (protein and veg with minimal carb) at about 6 pm. If I have enough cals left will have an options hot choc before bed.

I think fasting as long as possible helps the 5:2 lifestyle work better, going from what I read in the book.

For me the putting off eating as long as possible was important because when I was having breakfast (even just fruit) I found it 'triggered' my appetite and feed responses. But I think like anything it is about finding the best way for you. :D

I lost 3lbs my first week, then it dropped to 1-2lbs a week. Am currently experimenting with a couple of 4:3 weeks (not consecutively though) as I have a special occasion coming up and want little boost. Have 10 weeks before it and hoping to do three 4:3 weeks with the rest as normal 5:2 weeks. :D

I wait until evening to eat too - tough though some days - could do with some very low cal snacks - I only have 375 cals and use some on milk in tea. I tend to be closer to 400 but that's ok - weight loss is slow but happening

whats are peoples experiences of the success of the 5:2 diet when one of the '5' days are REALLY high cals - it is better to switch on to 4:3 if you have one really bad day?

whats are peoples experiences of the success of the 5:2 diet when one of the '5' days are REALLY high cals - it is better to switch on to 4:3 if you have one really bad day?

It's about averaging it out over the week - if you have a massively high day you could do an extra fast day or a half fast day? So if you've eaten 1000 too many - just take that off an extra day this week.

ok thanks. I started off with a fast day today but its ended up at about 900 :-(

Back