Prescription Medication

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
Hi everyone! This is my first day on Xante TS and my first post on this forum.

I have so many things to learn from the look of all your posts and am going to the doctor tomorrow to make sure this is ok - i know i should have done it before but i am (despite being too chunky) a very fit and healthy person. However, i am on two prescription meds, anti biotics for acne and anti-depressants for mild depression (mostly weight related) .... it says on the site that this would exclude me from doing Total Solution - is this REALLY true? Now i'm not asking any of you to advise me that it's ok, i'm already doing it so i'm not looking for validation - and i am seeking medical advice tomorrow, but i'm just wondering if any of you guys are on medication and still following total solution?
Many thanks for you help! :cool:

I think the worry about having meds on this diet is that usually meds are taken on a full stomach. It's great that you're seeking medical advice, at least they can keep an eye on things and make sure the diet doesn't affect your meds and/or mood.

Good luck for tomorrow. x

well ironically, the anti biotics i have been rubbish with since i started on them cos they are meant for an empty stomach (which mine never was lol), the other ones are mean to be take with food but that's no big deal as i can take them with the meal replacement bar.

I just hope the doc is supportive, they are preach healthy diet and exercise but i don't think they understand how hard that is with food addiction, it's like asking an alcoholic to drink one glass of wine a day!

As long as you see the Dr and get checked regularly you should be OK doing a VLCD. I did Lighterlife before Exante and she was quite happy to let me carry on if I got my blood pressure checked every month.

Ok thank you :) i've been reading around the forums for what feels like hours now and i can't see any big warnings about it so fingers crossed :D

Back