Presenting the latest dish - Chilli Con Carne

Last night i was given a free sample pack of the Chilli Con Carne. And i have to admit i really liked it.

It did have a bit of a kick to it, but not to much were it burns your mouth.

The other issue i found was that it says add only 115ml of water, and i found that this was not enough and it was way to stoggy so i would recommend about 130 or 140ml of water.

Love to know what you think to it when you try it.
CaptainRalph

My Personal Record of my Weight Loss.

End of Week 1 = 23 Ibs lost
Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost

Total = 4st & 8 Ibs lost

Thank you for the review ... I'm looking forward to its release as I have several months to go and I prefer the savoury packs especially in this weather. Did your LLC say when they would be avail for purchase?

Yep, for me they will be available next Friday at my weigh in. Cant wait.

My Personal Record of my Weight Loss.

End of Week 1 = 23 Ibs lost
Week 2 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 3 = 11 Ibs lost
Week 4 = 8 Ibs lost
Week 5 = 6 Ibs lost
Week 6 = 8 Ibs lost

Total = 4st & 8 Ibs lost

My LLC said they would be available at next weeks class, we got a leaflet and it looks quite nice, quite substantial.

We all tried it in class a couple of weeks back and our counsellor had them ordered in for 19th November.
So, I will be getting my packs this Tuesday at my next WI.

I really enjoyed it ~ as did most of the group. :)

We have not tried them in my group although when we mentioned them LLC said a couple of people had in other groups. She has not told us when they will be out but I will ask on Tuesday. Even though I am in RTM now I would still like to try them - seen as I still have several weeks of 2 foodpacks a day.

Kat xx

Our group didn't try them but we should have them in stovck at our WI on tues. I am really looking forward to them as that will be my lunch sorted!!

i wanna try it too :p ill ask my llc for a taster before i go off the program

The packs should be available, this week for everyone and I intend to spice them up and enjoy, I can't wait.

I just tried this and I wasn't very impressed. The consistency was fine but it really didn't taste of much. I think I'll be sticking to the soup.

I got a few packs of the chilli this week - I find the taste pretty good especially spiced up a little with some pepper and tabasco. I haven't quite go the texture right yet - it's a bit "mousey" and it doesn't look very appetising but I like it for a change from soup!

The first time I tried it I think I put in too much water and the texture was horrible, like mush, but I think it smells and tastes fine, had another today and thought it was not too bad. Not as nice as porridge and could probably do with being more 'chunky'.

oh porridge is a delight love it

Hated the porrige, love the chilli :D. I find it really comforting to eat when its cold and dreary outside.

I've been having 2, sometimes 3, packs of the chilli every day.

I agree, it's a nice savoury winter warmer, especially with a few splashes of Tabasco.

I'm really enjoying it ~ I find it simple to make and it's quick too.

I'm just finding I have to up my water as I had such a lot in 3 soups a day. xx :)

The chili con carne is definitely my favourite savoury pack. I must admit, it looks hideous! The taste is very good. I would agree with an early poster on this subject that 115mls of water isn't quite enough though.

I'm hoping to get some at group tonight ... may I ask, does it have to be microwaved like the porridge, or do you just add the boiled water?

I'm hoping to get some at group tonight ... may I ask, does it have to be microwaved like the porridge, or do you just add the boiled water?

We got a leaflet on how to make it ~ add the water boiling, then microwave for 1 min.
I agree with others that I add more than 115ml water too ~ I prefer it a bit less sticky. It's however you like it ~ and I do! xx :)

Just picked up my first Chilli packs tonight - looking forward to trying it tomorrow :)
SL
x

Back