Pressure Cooker....anyone have?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by StaceyUK, 10 February 2009 Social URL.

1. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was thinking of buying a pressure cooker after tasting some of my neighbour's lovely concoctions - last night was chicken vegetable soup that was sooooo tender!

I'm a bit scared of them though. Does anyone have one and what do you think of it?

I was thinking of getting a 'quick' cooker from QVC which isn't quite a pressure cooker but similar and does cook things faster but then I was thinking maybe I should just get a proper pressure cooker if I'm going to get one.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I remember my mum having one of these when I was a kid, she used to make gorgeous stews in them, she also used to do the veg in it for sunday lunch. I have never had one though, do they do the same thing as a slow cooker only much quicker?

4. jelly-belly!x

jelly-belly!x Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    no but i hav a recently just bought a slow cooker and hav made homemade veg soup and lovely irish stew DAMN they were soooooo good!! got it on sale in Argos such a bargain for £12 somethin i think!! def an investment :) xxx

5. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've got a slow cooker but fancied the pressure cooker (just another gadget to have!! LOL) as it's the opposite of slow cooker. I also sometimes get tired of my slow cooker 'shredding' the meat - even though it's lovely and tender.

6. raquelscatt

raquelscatt Full Member

We had one as a wedding present 7 years ago. It never came out of the box so I gave it away a couple of years ago!

Sorry doesn't answer your ? but I only buy electrical kitchen items now that I know I will use!

7. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have a pressure cooker and i love it!
    i use it all the time even if its just to do my spuds for dinner

i use it too for a quick stew
    beef, veg,pearl barley and beef bovril herbs salt and pepper!
    lovely jubbly xxx

8. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Is it scary to use???

Also, my neighbour recommended getting a non stick one but I think they're quite expensive. Do you have trouble with food sticking or burning in yours? Do you have to use oil or is Frylight ok?

9. Polyanna

Polyanna Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have had one for 33 years and I think they are great, they speed up cooking and you can put several things in to cook at once.

10. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i put a bit of oil round the seal on the lid, thats it its a trial and error thing tho lol
    i put my stuff in and let it boil till it hisses then i turn ring down to number 3 for about 7 mins and then i got spuds ready for mashing
    you do get a booklet with it that tells you how long to cook things for. its perfect for quick things whereas slow cooker is perfect for cooking things slow, i need it for volume! there 6 of us everyday but when dsd(dear step daughter) and s-i-l come with baby it comes in handy
    i wouldn't be without mine!

11. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i have a pressure cooker and do a mean stew (even if i say so myself lol)

12. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I've just replaced mine (after 35 years! prestige old fashioned one with the weights!) They are invaluable! Lentil soup, 10 mins, split pea soup ,all soups (non pulses) 4 mins, chicken stew 8 mins, beef stew generally 20 mins depending on cut. I do pot roasts with lean brisket. Everythings really quick and the meat is so tender. Also have a slow cooker from Tesco. Made a mean curry in it while I watched the rugby on saturday!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.