Pretika's Diary

Pretika

Silver Member
Hello All - I am starting the cambridge plan tomorrow and I wanted to start a diary to record my journey...

Day -1

A little background - I have 3 children and the weight crept up over the years. I was never upset about my weight as I was a happy go lucky person and very confident. My lovely husband never mentioned that I was getting bigger and I never registered that I was overweight.
In late 2008 i visited the doctor and reality finally hit I was 4 stone overweight, my blood pressure was going through the roof... something needed to be done and I started my cambridge journey....

I did really well and lost 45lbs over 3 months - I was happy with what I had achieved and until recently I kept it off for nearly 3 years!! I took up exercise and i regulary visit the gym.. I felt fantastic.

Over time I have becomer complacent and things have slacked, mainly due to work, so I have put on 1 stone :(

I am ready to get back on the diet and lose the 1 stone and 1 more for good measure. I know that I can maintain so I just need another push to get me to my target weight... Cambridge works so here goes..

so day 1 tomorrow...

Bring it on... Good luck !

Hello All - I am starting the cambridge plan tomorrow and I wanted to start a diary to record my journey...

Day -1

In late 2008 i visited the doctor and reality finally hit I was 4 stone overweight, my blood pressure was going through the roof... something needed to be done and I started my cambridge journey....

I did really well and lost 45lbs over 3 months

Over time I have becomer complacent and things have slacked, mainly due to work, so I have put on 1 stone :(

I am ready to get back on the diet and lose the 1 stone and 1 more for good measure. I know that I can maintain so I just need another push to get me to my target weight... Cambridge works so here goes..

so day 1 tomorrow...

Welcome back Pretika. It seems quite a few of us from 2008 are back again. Some never left and have supported others throughout.
I came back on the 14th March and have seen old names come and then disappear again over the past few weeks. But I am here to the end or should I say my goal. Another 7 lbs to go.
Although the month of May is gonna be a battle, with too many things going on and too hard to be 100%. Fear I may gain before I lose and have a harder time reaching my goal.
Good luck on your return.

Hey Nibbles lovely to hear from you !!! Yes 2008 was a long time ago .... Good luck on your last 7lbs.. Nearly there !!! Keep me posted on your progress darling x

Day1 - ok woke up determined to suceed and in a good mood. kids ready for school and on my way to work I was thinking positive thoughts.. It is going to be tough especially the first week ... but got to keep at it - I have high expectations for my first week as I cant believe that the CDC scales actually read 11 st 2lbs..

1st shake down - chocolate, and about a litre of water gone!
busy day at work so I should be able to keep my mind from wandering.. determined to do 100%

hope you ladies are having a good day so far..

Ok sitting in our rest area - just had shake 2 and doing some reading and someone has just bought in two platters of sandwiches !! Help yourself she says ...... Arrrgh..... What timing !!! Ok saying to myself " step away from the sandwiches .... Run!!" ... !!! Help!!!

Porridge done then cooked dinner.. Not really feeling hungry still motivated to keep going ... Hot bath now and apprentice at 9.

Ordered some books to keep me busy in the evenings and hopefully keep my mind off of food... Hope you all are having a good day !!!

Hey pretika. Well done for avoiding the sandwiches! I did the same today, it's amazing how appealing something in bread looks when you're on this diet! Just think, when we've hit our goal we can have a sandwich!.... I'll bet when we get there and can eat again we certainly won't want that sandwich! I go through my 'd-day' meal about 50 times on this diet!

Stay strong!!! X

Day 2 - Late our if bed this morning I am feeling really tired :-( and a little light headed and yes my stomach is hungry .. I am going to have shake 1 straight away !!

I can sense already that today is going to be tough .

Quick and Painful - how you doing ??? I forgot how tough the first few days are ... Hopefully I may be in the purple Tom!! Have a good day x

Hey Pretika, lovely to 'see' you again, you've done really well over the last few years good on you for tackling the gain now!
Hope day 2 is still going well hun, lots of water!!

xx

hiya Lelly - how are you ....

I am back but determind to get the excess off and more!

How are you doing... have you managed to maintain? I did up until 6 months ago.. life took over a little bit.

Day 2 update - feeling rough but getting my water in - I nearly caved in, but I had a salad with some turkey breast, lettuce and cucumber.. feel a little guilty but I knew that I needed something or I would have caved in.... hopefully I will be in the purple tomorrow and things will get easier!

hope you are all having a good day

its been a tough day today - i have nearly caved a few times today... my book has arrived so a long hot bath and a read to keep my mind off things...

hope your days has been good!

on the topic of books - has anyone read The Beck solution(diet) i was reading some reviews on it and i thought that it was interested... its really about training yourself to think like a thin person...
just wondered if anyone else has come accross it

have a great evening.... praying to be in the purple tomorrow

hiya Lelly - how are you ....

I am back but determind to get the excess off and more!

How are you doing... have you managed to maintain? I did up until 6 months ago.. life took over a little bit.

Good for you getting it sorted, great work on maintaining up until then though you must have been really paying attention and now you know you can do it again after this too!

Yes i am mostly maintaining but do go up n down a few lbs here n there and which i then try to sort out pretty quickly working on a few lbs at the moment!

Good luck for your first week!

ETA - Yes! the BEck book is fantastic, lots of people using it and finding it does help with head stuff! enjoy!
xx

Ahh thanks Lelly - I read your page ... Wow ! You are superhuman !! Well done you !! Ok I'm gonna get the beck book !! Will keep you posted ! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Day 2 nearly over did 1/2 hour on my wii fit which was fun ... Planning on going spinning tomorrow - a little concerned as it is quite intense - but I have been doing it a while so my body should be ok ??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back