Pretika's Diary

Hello lovely, sorry I've been MIA, have had a crazy day. Only just stopped!

I'm doing well, going through the motions trying to keep my eye on the prize!

How are u doing? The first few days really are the worst, hang in there. When I did the diet before and really struggled in the early days I would crumble half a stock cube in hot water and drink. It's like soup and it really helps take the edge off.

Are you on 4 packs a day?..

I'm doing 3+meal so really look forward to my evening protein and veg.

Good luck for tomorrow!

X

Day 3 . Ok up and about don't feel too bad. I have an all day conference today so it will be tough today ! There will be a buffet !! So I will have to look myself in the loos at lunchtime :) very tempted to get on the scales to see if I have lost anything .

Hopefully today will be easier then yesterday ..

Good luck all

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck Pretika.

I too am at an all day conference and will be surrounded by food... (how random would it be if we were at the same one).

Stay strong. I'm just going to overlook the buffet and remember that I am not going to let a room full of strangers ruin my Cambridge journey. No way. No how.

X

Day 3 - Hey, the conference went well and I avoided the food.

Good news is that I am in ketosis - i tested at lunchtime and I am def in the pink... I have the weird metal taste in my mouth as well!!

So everything is bright now and the hungry horse has gone...

Hope you are all having a great day x

Morning girls. I'm on day 3 today and am hoping ketosis is coming soon (no sticks to test - just the knowledge it will happen). Found yesturday really tough but got through it and I didn't have buffets to deal with. Am quite determined again today so we will see.
Just wanted to wish you a good day without struggles.

Day 4 - Morning all - so I was up bright and brezzy at 6am - did 1/2 hour on the wii fit. Ketosis is def here so feeling good.

Hope you all have a great day!

Flowey - I know exactly how you feel - Day 2 was really hard for me as well - but you are nearly there - once you hit day4/5 you will feel much better and it will be worth it.

Keep up with the water and if you have to eat have some protein, thats what I did - just to get me through... good luck hun and keep me posted!

Day 4 was not too bad .... I am I am having some weird pains in my stomach? But apart from that All is well !

Day 5 - first weekend, this is going to be tough - I have some family over tonight so I will be cooking a load ... I don't mind that - I think I can deal with the temptation because I am not hungry ... The difficult thing is going to be avoiding others saying why you not eating ??? You on a diet , you don't need to diet etc etc etc ... I have not told anyone except my OH that I am on cambridge .... Ohh how to deal with this ???

Hey luv,

Good luck today. I totally get what you mean, it's not so much about temptation it's just the questions and answering to other people. I try to avoid telling people I'm on Cambridge, it starts conversations I don't want to have. I would say something like, I'm on a diet and ate something different 'make up the meal you ate' before you all arrived.

Hope that helps! I'm gonna go bikini shopping today to keep my focus! X

Thanks Hun - being Asian all our social life revolves around food !! Good idea though I will use it tonight... Ta enjoy the shopping !!!

Ok day 5 over and I survived !!! Phew ... It was not too tough after all ... Good night !

Well done for making it through day 5!

Totally know what you mean about social events being about food, I'm Greek and we do the same. Luckily for me I don't have a lot of family in the UK so they're easier to avoid!

Good luck today, a week almost done! X

Yay Pretika, well done for day 5! go you! 1st week nearly done and the hardest bit over with , good luck for today!

x

Day 6 - ok I was curious and I stepped on the scales and one scale an analogue said I lost 6 lbs but my digital scales said I lost 9 lbs.... Don't know which to believe ... Will have to wait and see at WI tomorrow..

Today will be a quiet day - I am signed up to do the race for life so I really need to get out and start running - now ketosis is here I might give it a go!

I hope you all have a great day ..

Ahh thanks Lelly - I did forget how tough the first few days are .... But first week nearly over phew.... Hope you are well hun xx

Day 6 was ok - I have had some chicken just to keep sane .. Struggling to get all 3 packs in now as I am just not hungry ....

One more thing I am feeling really cold my hands and feet are freezing ... Is this normal ...

Glad your still going strong. Are you just doing 3 packs? I was told it wasn't an option anymore and am therefore on ss+ and having a meal.

As for being cold, I have been absolutely freezing, it's probably got something to do with ketosis...?

I'm doing ok, not hungry, but starting to get the cravings for absolutely everything! Just had my last pack. Only water till bedtime now. Weigh in tomorrow! Yaay! When do you weigh in? X

Back