Prezzo- newbie please help!

Hi all,
I am new to slimming world (started on Monday) having moved across from Weight Watchers where I hit plateau! I am still getting used to the idea of not having to weigh every morsel of food that enters my mouth so I was wanting some help.

It is my sister's birthday on Saturday so we are going to Prezzo. Now I am a bit confused as there doesn't appear to be a list of syned menu choices. I want to have the Arrosto salad which has goats cheese and plum tomatoes on baked focaccia bread with roasted peppers, caramelised onions, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and salad leaves with a balsamic dressing. (It also has olives which i will ask to be removed.)

How many syns should I estimate for this? Can I save syns over previous days to count towards it? Or should I have something else completely different?

Thank you!!
Lau xxx

Hi Lau.

Mmmmm that salad sounds yummy. To be honest, I think when you're going for Italian, the best thing you can go for is pasta in a tomato based sauce.

I'd go for the following...
PENNE CON BUFALA buffalo milk mozzarella, sliced cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil in a tomato sauce 7.50
SPAGHETTI WITH MEATBALLS, field mushrooms, fresh rosemary and garlic in a tomato sauce 9.25
SPAGHETTI WITH TIGER PRAWNS, baby spinach, red onion and red chilli in a tomato and garlic sauce 10.50
PENNE ARRABBIATA crushed chillies and chopped parsley in a tomato and garlic sauce 6.95
SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE traditional meat sauce 7.95

Obviously not all of them! And would then just allow syns for the oil that food is cooked in.

If you don't like/fancy pasta, you could just have a flexi syn day. For the meal you mentioned, you'd have to syn the cheese (or maybe use it as your HEX A), the bread, the dressing and the onions. And probably allow some for oil that the peppers would have been roasted in.

If you wanted to have wine too, that will probably add up to a lot of syns, so you'd deffo have to flexi it.

Kirsty

Hey....I just wrote this on another post...but i love prezzo...and everytime i go i have spaghetti with tiger prawns...Its amazing and im sure it cant be too high in syns as has never done me any damage! Enjoy yourself whatever you pick though!! xx

Hi guys,
thanks so so much for replying and helping me! I am still really struggling to change my mindset from WW to SW! I will go for the pasta and tomato sauce!! Thank you!! Oh and i absolutely love Prezzo too amy!

I am most sad that I cannot have the goats cheese but as it is my first week I better try to be good!!
Lau xxxx

Back