Prices increased a lot?

Lovelyjoolz

Loving Life!
Hi All

I was planning to go back to CD, but because I'm having real trouble getting my Dr to sign my form (BMI 42.9) I've been looking at alternatives. It wasn't until I realised how much cheaper some alternatives are that I started to question how expensive CD is.

I'm tall so would have to have 4 packs a day and this would cost just under £60 per week. I did CD about 3 years ago and don't remember it being that expensive - have prices gone up so dramatically in the last couple of years?

worth phoning around different CDCs, because they're all allowed to charge what they like. That said, i think most charge an average of £2 a pack (more if you like bars and tetras, less if you like sachets).

exante is much cheaper if you buy the bumper pack (not least because they don't recommend 4 per day for tall women/men), but then you can't exclude any flavours. It's just as good for weight loss, and certainly has fewer chemical preservatives etc. However, i tried the exante bars, and where the CD ones are the highlight of my day, the exante bars smelled really chemically to me, and were really not v pleasant (all IMO, obv). The other thing i tried was their thai chicken soup - which is really different to CD's oriental chilli. The exante one has no noticeable tang or spiciness at all, and is much milkier. Not nasty, just really very different.

in the end, the deal-breaker for me is the tetras. sometimes i just need, or in fact want, to be out of the house across two mealtimes. i couldn't do that without tetras, and cd are the only ones that make them.

Thanks for that Spangles. Although I'm now thinking Oh No!!!! No tetras!! :( I used to love using them as milk in coffee. I could make one tetra last all day by doing that and it really helped during the first 3-4 days before ketosis kicked in. I shall REALLY miss them!!

Unfortunately, I don't have a choice because Dr just will not sign the form!

Have you tried seeing a different doctor in your practice? Thats what I did when I started LL years ago. I would also agree with spangles that you shop around for CDC. mine changes 1.60 for sachets and 2.10 for tetras and bars. much cheaper!

just seen that your BMI is only just over 40. two or three weeks on a different vlcd and then you'll be able to come back to cd if the lack of tetras is getting you down.

try an atkins approach for a few weeks to drop the bmi. it will also get you into ketosis and then it should be easy going from there on in.

Im really lucky my cdc hasnt put her prices up for ages,i moved house and tried another cdc as it was closer but it was loads more expensive.The expense was a big factor towards me starting cd again,now i just make sure I can afford it,if i have a bit more money one week than another I buy extra packs so that when i have a short week(Im self employed) i dont have to worry,hope you find a way to start its so worth it xx

Back