Probably not the only one

A muffin top is the fat that spills out over the top of your jeans and looks gross! :eek: And bingo wings are the floppy bits at the tops of your arms! Yuk!

As for the last 33lb, my ticker has been there for a long time:eek: !

As for Card Toss, its just another game in the very addictive arcade!! Spending far too much time in there! Give it a try, its a great distraction from food!

Hey Mindless mate how's it going.

Firstly, that is a great opening post. Print that out bud and keep it close to remind you why you will complete the journey.

I know at the moment it feels like a lifetime away, but believe me, your life will drastically change in a blink of an eye.

I started CD on the 23rd of January this year and lost 8 stone. I could not have imagined the change it would make to my life. I wanted to do all those things you want to do. I am now a total clothes tart and have definitely made up for having to wear what fits for all of my adult life, apart from the last five months. I enjoy my kids more and more importantly, they enjoy me more. My relationship with my wife which was always good, is now even better. I realise that these changes are because of the way I feel inside about myself.

I had a list like yours mate and it really won't be long before you will start ticking them off.

Focus and believe and it will happen and you will get to where you want to be.

Oh I just knew I was gonna like you ;)

D_Q,

Steady on - no one gets to first base until at least the second set of photos - my mum might be watching :D

decided to start with a new morality - no skin until I am well on my way

Oh mindless!
You sound like I feel :(
I hate the fact that people dont recognise me anymore.
I saw 2 people today who were friends from school, they didnt even know me.
I havent seen them for 5 years since I put on 5 st.
I feel like a giant pig.
I want to look beautiful on my wedding day which is only about 30 weeks away now (EEK!)
And I wanna look good in my bikini on our honeymoon!
My little cousin Katie saw an old glam pic of me at my grans this xmas and asked who it was!
My gran explained it was me when I used to be a model (10 years ago and very anorexic!)
Katie just looked really confused and said 'But models are skinny not fat Granny" bless her, she doesnt understnad how hurtful that is shes only 6!
Im fed up Ive fell off the wagon over xmas and I have no doubt put on every pound I lost.
Im p*ssed off with myself and sad.:(:mad:

Pixie,

Join the journey - get back on that wagon and do something to get your head straight - thats why I am doing LL.

Clearly, if you were a 'glamour model' - forgive the quotes but not sure the exact meaning of that - and were effectively anorexic, then the opposite which you have been going through is just a different facet of the same thing - the grey mushy stuff between your ears isn't right. I am intelligent (although I am sure my ex- thinks I am an ignorant, spiteful, low life bag of ****) and yet I have tried and failed almost every diet out there - 'cos my head wasn't right.

Put the past behind you (christ I am piggin on everything before I start LL in early Jan) and start anew - if you want help on how to find something like LL or CD then myself and many others are more than happy to point you in right direction and then support you, so you are not alone in your journey - I hate travelling on my own, so this place is a godsend really!!!!.

cheers and bon courage

Mindless

I'd just like to say, thanks for the compliment Mindless ... I missed it earlier and like to acknowledge any positive comments I receive.

Getting to University was a big deal for me ... a very big deal. One day, I'll tell you why but I won't hijack your thread to do it. :)

Thanks again.

Hey what do you mean hijack?

It was hardly 'Snakes on a Plane' was it - so what the heck, you never know when a post will give you the chance to drop a pearl out.

So keep dropping the pearls - besides, I have landlord rights at 50% of value (LOL)

besides, you might post in a thread that I am not subscribed to and thats me jiggered

Cheers

Mindless

Pixie,

Join the journey - get back on that wagon and do something to get your head straight - thats why I am doing LL.

Clearly, if you were a 'glamour model' - forgive the quotes but not sure the exact meaning of that - and were effectively anorexic, then the opposite which you have been going through is just a different facet of the same thing - the grey mushy stuff between your ears isn't right. I am intelligent (although I am sure my ex- thinks I am an ignorant, spiteful, low life bag of ****) and yet I have tried and failed almost every diet out there - 'cos my head wasn't right.

Put the past behind you (christ I am piggin on everything before I start LL in early Jan) and start anew - if you want help on how to find something like LL or CD then myself and many others are more than happy to point you in right direction and then support you, so you are not alone in your journey - I hate travelling on my own, so this place is a godsend really!!!!.

cheers and bon courage

Mindless

OMG!!!
I just read what I wrote yesterday and it does appear that I used to be a glamour model! :eek:
No I was not a 'Page 3 stunna'!
lol.
I just meant my cousin saw a pic of me looking glam!
(May I add that I was fully clothed)
Oops!
I was just a 'normal' model (whatever that is!)
I too consider myself to be intelligent (well um I hope i am cos Im studying to be a Doctor at the min so I better know what I'm on about when it comes to my patients!)
Im just crap at taking my own advice,
I think we all know what we need to do to lose weight, Our brains just wont let us do it!
Anyway, I'm back on the wagon today and I feel rough.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

OMG!!!
..........I think we all know what we need to do to lose weight, Our brains just wont let us do it!

Pixie,

LOL about the glamour model bit - just re-read my post and it was far too blunt/inelegant so sorry.

Sorting the grey mushy bit is the trick - this place seems to be a good weapon in doing that -although this last 2 weeks has been interesting as there have been more people falling off wagons than you could shake a stick at (and yet some have continued, by sticking to the program - with support, to lose near half a stone over Xmas)

For me LL hopefull will give the trained counselling to nail it down

Heres to hope and 2007 for all of us

Mindless

finally I read your list.. lol.. wow.. it's a good 'un and deffo do what Brad said.. print it out (perhaps not stick on fridge at the mo as ex may not appreciate one of two of your goals..).. refer back.. it will keep you motivated for sure! and also - photos are a mega must.. you blokes are so flaming lucky - the losses are way more than us gals so the pics will have to be done regularly as you will see a difference very quickly.. it isn't nice having pics done at the start.. but once you start to see a difference you won't mind so much. :D cool thread though.. great targets.. you'll reach them all, without a doubt. 2007 is gonna be the year that changes your life (and mine and everyone elses too!).. it's gonna be a belter! (that will be a small belt with lots of buckle holes by the end of the year!) :D

finally I read your list.. lol.. wow.. it's a good 'un ............................................................ :D cool thread though.. great targets.. you'll reach them all, without a doubt. 2007 is gonna be the year that changes your life (and mine and everyone elses too!).. it's gonna be a belter! (that will be a small belt with lots of buckle holes by the end of the year!) :D

finally, finally - what do you mean finally !!!!!!!:D

agree 2007 will be a belter (gotta start positive) - got so many of those things to achieve and apart from the more exotic ones (I just don't have that much holiday in one year - mind you, winning the lottery would help), many should be possible (although I've gone off the op idea - done way loads research and yuk - best be satisfied with what I got)

:D

finally, finally - what do you mean finally !!!!!!!:D

well... ya know... umm... heard about it on the grapevine.. kept meaning to have a look-see and so.. have finally done so! lol

agree 2007 will be a belter (gotta start positive) - got so many of those things to achieve and apart from the more exotic ones (I just don't have that much holiday in one year - mind you, winning the lottery would help), many should be possible (although I've gone off the op idea - done way loads research and yuk - best be satisfied with what I got) :D

definitely a wise thing to do (being satisfied with what you got)..... in so many different aspects of life in general... the op thing sounded rank anyway! :( :eek: yuurrrkkk... (but then, not being a blokey I wouldn't really know how important it was to a fella to have... :eek: umm.. well.. oh crap.. whatever... glad you made the decision anyway!!

Back