Problem with Porridge

jannyT

I so sad :tear_drop: I tried the porridge two weeks ago and loved it - had it every day for breakfast - yum! It was so lovely that I had it for breakfast and evening meal - with a soup for lunch - all last week. Just got weighed in today and I've only lost 1lb - same last week too :( So now my CDC has said that the porridge must not suit me and taken me off it...... I'm so sad - I loved my porridge. Has anyone else had problems with porridge slowing their weight loss down?

Aww thats gutting, id be lost without my porridge! what are you going to have instead hun, was you drinking enough water?

How can that be if you could have 3 a day on SS?? I wonder if any CDC's are about so that they could shed some light? Worried now, I have ordered loads of porridge this week and I need to lose some weight fast.

Theresa x

I don't know what went wrong. I did everything right. It appears they just dont suit me. My CDC said that people with blood group O shouldn't have porridge but I have group A so I should be ok. Either way 2lb in 2 weeks just isn't right and it's the only thing I've changed so back to soups and shakes for me :(

Jan

Sounds like some water retention to me. See how you go without the porridge by all means. Although it is formulated to be just another Sole Source portion. It is slightly higher in carbs than a sachet I think, but for the average person, it shouldn't present a problem. Keep the water going in.

maybe try just one porridge pack a day.. thatway you stil having some porridge

i havent seen the packs yet but like the bars, do you have to drink more water when you have it?

I'm blood group o and i ate as much porridge as poss last week and lost 6 pounds.

xx

i have had a porridge everyday this week and if i don't lose 4lbs this week i am going to be narked!!!

i'm hating the porridge this week, but i liked it last week. it's making me gag!!! only two more sachets to go and i doubt i will be having it again! x

I don't know what went wrong. I did everything right. It appears they just dont suit me. My CDC said that people with blood group O shouldn't have porridge but I have group A so I should be ok. Either way 2lb in 2 weeks just isn't right and it's the only thing I've changed so back to soups and shakes for me :(

Jan

Just to say that Cambridge Diet is perfectly suitable for all blood groups - by which I mean that your counsellor may believe what she's told you, but it isn't official advice.

The differences between CD Porridge and the other sachets are as follows:

Porridge has 35% protein, 45% carbs, 20% fat.

Soups and drinks average: 42% protein, 41% carbs, 17% fat.

So if anyone is carb-sensitive and/or below average height, Porridge every day might cause a problem. And don't forget to drink the extra water (227 ml minus 140 ml = 87 mls per portion).

So, Janny, give up your Porridge for a week, and see what happens. Do let us know.

I had porridge every day and lost 5lbs.
And I'm O neg.

What is this blood group thing???
Surely cambridge don't advocate certain blood groups not eating the porridge??
x

Sorry this crossed with the post above regarding cambridge official advice!

Absolute rubbish, please do not think that your blood group makes ANY DIFFERENCE AT ALL to any of the Cambridge products, I'm sorry to say that your CDC is talking a load of claptrap (to put it politely). It makes me very cross that your CDC is telling you this, you're a paying client and she is totally misguiding you.

IMO I can't see how the porridge will slow your weight loss down, it's only slightly higher in cals than the normal shakes and you're still on less than 600 cals even if you had 3 porridge a day, therefore you will lose weight. I think the only reason the porridge is slowing you down is that it's causing you to retain water, and therefore I'd drink more. Please also bear in mind that at anytime during SS you can plateau, for no obvious reason at all - I had a client not lose weight for 3 weeks and she was SSing 100%. There is no way you can't lose weight on SS and luckily she kept the faith and sure enough had an excellent loss in her 4th week. Your weight loss will fluctuate even if you had exactly the same CD every single day, you would not lose the same amount every week, and it could just be a coincidence that you had a smaller loss this week and nothing to do with the porridge. Keep looking at the bigger picture and how much you have lost in the last 4 weeks, and as long as you're averaging 10-14lbs per month, then you're bang on track.

Please don't let this put you off porridge, if you like it, have it and make sure you keep up your water intake.

The whole blood group thing is a, well, another section of the diet industry (not at all related to CD in any way.)

It seems that some people believe that people with certain blood groups should eat certain foods to be able to lose weight. I know nothing about this, but I have heard that you can go along and get your blood analysed by someone and they will then come up with an eating plan to help you lose weight.

It's got nothing to do with official CD advice at all.

Not even sure what blood group I am, what the most common? I'm bound to be that one.

Back