Problemo

KatKit

Silver Member
Help

I booked to go to the thtre with a friend couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday she advised me that the payment had come off her CC, meaning for me to give her my half but I'm sure I gave her the money on the same day that she booked it as I had the money in my bag. She can't remember that and I'm 98% certain I did.

I did tell her that I am sure I've given her the money and she said don't worry then its probably her forgetting...

My problem is that I have been dwelling on this and really can't remember wether I did now - I'm sure I did otherwise I would remember that I owed her..

But I dont want her to think I haven't paid, but if I pay again I could be paying twice.

Should I just leave it and not say anymore....

Kats
x

This would bother me. I'd go online & check my online banking. Round about the day in question, had you taken cash out of the bank, got cash back? Try & think about your spendings that day & the day after. If you did give her the money, where had it come from? What did you do the days before & days after? Questioning yourself this way may help you remember.

I don't often have a lot of cash in my purse as I always pay by debit card.

How did your friend react when you said you'd paid?

If you really can't remember whether or not you've already paid its up to you if you pay again.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

I had cash in my bag - was going to pay it into the bank but I had been using it for shopping etc... and I am postive I took money out to pay her with it. When I add up all the things it does work out.

My friend is ok about it. - But I worry that I'm short changing her.

But I am now 99.9% sure I've paid. As where did that go otherwise...

Kats

xx

Sounds like you did pay her. If you friends genuinely Ok about it then I wouldn't worry. Life's too short!!

If it makes you feel better, why not make a point of getting her something really nice for her birthday/Easter/Xmas.
Dont let money come between you - its your friendship that matters.

Back