Problems with first week of refeeding

nikkernakker

Hi all

I started refeeding on Friday. After most meals I feel terribly full (even though I'm eating the correct quantities) and bloated.

I've also put on just under 2lbs overnight, since yesterday. I'm a bit concerned about all of this.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this kind of thing.

I still have about a stone to lose but TFR was driving me nuts after 12 weeks so thought I'd start refeeding early, but now I'm not sure if I should just LT it until I've lost that pesky extra stone :confused:

Any advice would be great...

Its quite natural to feel a little bloated after being on a TFR diet and not eating for how wver many weeks. Id say refrain from weighing yourself as weight fluctuates all the time - if you are sticking to the quantities set out and only the things that are allowed im sure you are doing fine :)

Hi Nikker

I echo what Tanya says....we are all different to be honest and some are ok once food is introduced and others feel a little bloated. Your glycogen levels are now filling as they have not had any carbs for a good few weeks, so to be expected.

Try not to weigh yourself as like Tanya says your weight will fluctate this week..just hang fire till your official WI day.

Dont worry either if you do put on weight..I did...most people dont, but you cant compare yourself with others as we are so individual. I lost the weight gained from Wk 1 refeed and also lost a bit more in wk2 refeed..so it does even itself out.

Thanks for the responses you guys.

I'm actually thinking I might go back on TFR and give it one last push to reach my goal weight.

Before I started refeeding I was starting to go crazy with no food and my motivation levels were at zero, but now that I've had some nosh, I think I'm up for doing it for another few weeks to try and get to goal.

Hey hun welcome back to tfr. its prob best you coming back you prob just werent ready to refeed you wil have that weight off in no time and you will enjoy eating again next time refeed comes.

Yeah, I don't think I was ready to refeed either, just getting a bit desperate for some solid food! :)
But I'm so over solids at the moment! ha ha ha I'm really looking forward to going back on the shakes and finally getting to my goal weight.
And it won't be for that long - I reckon somewhere between 4 - 6 weeks - so I should be able to nail it second time round.

Back