Problems with site/making posts?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Maximus, 8 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Has anyone else had problems with the site, or specifically posting to the site?

For the past few days I was unable to, whenever I tried to reply to a post, start a post or even reply to a PM the whole thing timed out.

I even tried re-booting, and rebooting PC, modem and even router - all to no avail. I knew it was this site as I could contimnue to post on other forums and boards etc.

I thought for one moment I'd been banned:eek:

Has anyone else had similar issues and anyone know whether it is worth reporting and to who etc?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ruthiebusybee

ruthiebusybee Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    114st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    -100st0lb(-691.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Try deleting all your cookies (tools/internet options) and temporary files, then restart explorer and see if that helps.

4. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Theres the technical section, I haven't really browsed it, posted once but no one posted back :(

I have had a couple of logging in, timing out issues in the last couple of weeks and could browse other sites no problem, so assumed technical difficulties and tried later and it was fine

I quite often get timed out from a pc when doing a long reply, so have learnt to copy text before I reply just in case.

Normally on iPad which has a lot less functions and doesn't seem to time out, but that's because I can't check previous posts to say hi to all in one post and memories far too bad to remember everything I need to resond to lol

5. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    I use Firefox (Mozilla) - not used IE for years

Aha, I do indeed! - many thanks, that'll be it!

Another Virgin Media user per-chance?

6. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Ha ha very funny since posting here I have had to switch minimins off and been timed out lol and on my iPad. Will have to see how it goes

7. shenzi

shenzi Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.18%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red/EE/Green
    I havent been able to use it properly for a few days on the main computer but its been fine on my phone blinking virgin media ;)

8. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've had a problem for ages replying to posts on my mobile phone, it just either does a blank message or lets me type only in capitals & when I hit reply it says your post is too short. I just thought this was a problem with my mobbie but I can reply to FB & other sites. Should I contact Pierce about this or will it just be my phone?

9. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I had to switch iPad off and go do exciting stuff like putting laundry away etc
    Seems to be working alright now, but kept timing me out earlier

10. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Hi Kron

Am I right in thinking Ipad2 uses Safari? - I'm meant to be getting one next week. Still can't make my mind up - also looking at a fancy laptop too:eek:

11. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If you have any problems could you highlight them in the Tech support forum. That guarantees pierce will see them :)

12. Kron

Kron Target Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(35.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi Maximus, yes it uses safari is that good? Lol
    I am not technically minded so got it so I could surf, books etc, and on the whole does the job.I have since had a play with a tablet and liked the familiar pc feel.
    I find the iPad a little restricted in comparison to the functionlities on a pc -expected but annoying
    I struggle (slightly) on minimins as when replying I cannot review the thread I am responding to just one huge blank reply screen but there again it could be that I don't know how to set it correctly. This is my first forum, I don't do Facebook and the rest, so unsure if this is normal.

I do like my little toy, just flick straight on, no loading etc so excellent in that aspect, and always plenty to read :)

13. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    I've been in touch with Pierce - it seems it was a Virgin Media issue after all.

The reason I asked as to whether you used Safari as a browser is because i wanted to clarify it was provider-dependent (in this case Virgin Media) as opposed to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera etc.

Anyhow, I seem to be working ok at present:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.