Problems with site/making posts?

Maximus

Gold Member
Has anyone else had problems with the site, or specifically posting to the site?

For the past few days I was unable to, whenever I tried to reply to a post, start a post or even reply to a PM the whole thing timed out.

I even tried re-booting, and rebooting PC, modem and even router - all to no avail. I knew it was this site as I could contimnue to post on other forums and boards etc.

I thought for one moment I'd been banned:eek:

Has anyone else had similar issues and anyone know whether it is worth reporting and to who etc?

Theres the technical section, I haven't really browsed it, posted once but no one posted back :(

I have had a couple of logging in, timing out issues in the last couple of weeks and could browse other sites no problem, so assumed technical difficulties and tried later and it was fine

I quite often get timed out from a pc when doing a long reply, so have learnt to copy text before I reply just in case.

Normally on iPad which has a lot less functions and doesn't seem to time out, but that's because I can't check previous posts to say hi to all in one post and memories far too bad to remember everything I need to resond to lol

Try deleting all your cookies (tools/internet options) and temporary files, then restart explorer and see if that helps.

I use Firefox (Mozilla) - not used IE for years

Are you on Virgin as Pierce has posted on there?

Re: new routing issue to EU - Page 8 - Help & Support Forum

PM Pierce he will help you.

Aha, I do indeed! - many thanks, that'll be it!

Theres the technical section, I haven't really browsed it, posted once but no one posted back :(

I have had a couple of logging in, timing out issues in the last couple of weeks and could browse other sites no problem, so assumed technical difficulties and tried later and it was fine

I quite often get timed out from a pc when doing a long reply, so have learnt to copy text before I reply just in case.

Normally on iPad which has a lot less functions and doesn't seem to time out, but that's because I can't check previous posts to say hi to all in one post and memories far too bad to remember everything I need to resond to lol

Another Virgin Media user per-chance?

Ha ha very funny since posting here I have had to switch minimins off and been timed out lol and on my iPad. Will have to see how it goes

I havent been able to use it properly for a few days on the main computer but its been fine on my phone blinking virgin media ;)

I've had a problem for ages replying to posts on my mobile phone, it just either does a blank message or lets me type only in capitals & when I hit reply it says your post is too short. I just thought this was a problem with my mobbie but I can reply to FB & other sites. Should I contact Pierce about this or will it just be my phone?

I had to switch iPad off and go do exciting stuff like putting laundry away etc
Seems to be working alright now, but kept timing me out earlier

Hi Kron

Am I right in thinking Ipad2 uses Safari? - I'm meant to be getting one next week. Still can't make my mind up - also looking at a fancy laptop too:eek:

Hi Maximus, yes it uses safari is that good? Lol
I am not technically minded so got it so I could surf, books etc, and on the whole does the job.I have since had a play with a tablet and liked the familiar pc feel.
I find the iPad a little restricted in comparison to the functionlities on a pc -expected but annoying
I struggle (slightly) on minimins as when replying I cannot review the thread I am responding to just one huge blank reply screen but there again it could be that I don't know how to set it correctly. This is my first forum, I don't do Facebook and the rest, so unsure if this is normal.

I do like my little toy, just flick straight on, no loading etc so excellent in that aspect, and always plenty to read :)

I've been in touch with Pierce - it seems it was a Virgin Media issue after all.

The reason I asked as to whether you used Safari as a browser is because i wanted to clarify it was provider-dependent (in this case Virgin Media) as opposed to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Opera etc.

Anyhow, I seem to be working ok at present:)

Back