Processed Food

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by lauryloo, 31 March 2009 Social URL.

1. lauryloo

lauryloo Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Since starting the diet has anyone else found processed food, stuff like bachelors rice and supernoodles, heinz ravioli, horrible to eat.

I don't know if its because i've been making a lot food from scratch now but everything thats not homemade just tastes really artificial to me!

I am guessing this can only be a good thing and will help me steer clear of dodgy food!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Indieflower

Indieflower I have my mojo

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(39.27%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Red
    I'm exactly the same, Lauryloo. I always cook from scratch now and just feel lazy if I ever use processed foods. I'm actually quite obsessive about it when I'm doing my shopping! lol

My shopping bill has gone through the roof as a consequence but feel much healthier for it :D

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I guess they are a good 'stand-by' if you are in a rush, but agree that homemade food is the future!

I think that SW in general almost forces us to eat less processed food- otherwise we would get very bored very quickly.

Due to EE I don't even follow SW recipes any more- I have dug out all my favourite cook books and just adapt the 'normal' recipes.

I had a beautiful fish ragu with spaghetti for tea out of a recipe book about Venice- who need super noodles, eh?

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.