Prodigal S&S-er Returns

LucySera

Well I'm back, about 6 months later! I'm so surprised and thrilled that Slim&Save has taken off like this - when I started there was only a few of us and we only had a tiny sub-forum ;) I see a few of the oldies are still around and doing great - fantastic achievements guys! Anyway, after some unrelated medical issues and a few GI bleeds I had to stop S&S in December/January time (although I was on a far less appealing enteral liquid diet for a few months blergh) - but I've finally got a full medical permission to continue on with S&S.

Despite being off S&S and making no particular effort to restrict any foods, I'm at about the same weight that I was on my last S&S weigh -in all that time ago, which surely is a good sign for future maintaining. I'm at 10st/140lbs exactly, which officially puts me in the healthy range for 5ft 6.5 but not my very slight frame. There's definately still a few fatty layers to go ;) Traditionally I look my best about 8st 10 so I'm planning to keep on S&S until I hit a little below that so as to compensate for a little glycogen gain when I refeed so I'll probably stop 8st 6. However, if I find myself happy with my figure before that then I'll stop since the number isn't really the issue. I'm also aware that some toning up will be needed so I need to keep that in mind. I might start off with a little Callanetics and some walking/horse riding, but not planning on anything intense until I start to refeed.

Ooh gosh, this has turned into a bit of an essay hasn't it? Anyway I'm going to low carb for a week starting Monday before beginning the VLCD just to help ease myself into ketosis. Since I'm within the healthy range and don't have too much to lose now, I imagine my loss will be relatively slow - I foresee many STS threads in my future. However, I'm quite content to see a slow but consistant loss for a month or two in order to reach my goal :) Looking forward to starting!

Welcome back Lucy, and I'm glad that you're better now. The S&S forum has gone mad since you were last here hasn't it!

I'm still here plugging away having stepped up to 800 weekdays / 1000 weekends now. I have 10lbs to go as of this morning, but to be honest I feel so much better now I don't really care how long it takes me now. Good luck for the restart. I know you know the drill so won't bore you about any of the newbie stuff other than to say that there are some new flavours about that you might enjoy and some new flavours that are due to be available very soon.

Wow you're so close sweetie! I think it's a good idea moving on to a slightly higher plan to lose the last few pounds - it makes the refeed a more gradual transition, plus it's a bit more 'normal' so you can test the waters and figure out what your long term maintenance plan will be.

The diet has changed a little - I'm surprised to see that it's now 4 packs/3 packs + protein as a minimum, but I'm certainly not complaining!

Oh yes, I forgot you were around in the days when 3 packs were ok. Yes, it's 3 plus protein or 4 now. Protein levels are much better on that regime to be honest, and it makes it much easier to stick to :)

I'm having fun trying out lots of low carb / calorie foods now that I've stepped up. My current favourites are plain soya yoghurt and stewed rhubarb (sweetened with sweetener, not sugar). I have never had soya yoghurt before, and I'm quite enjoying soya milk now too now that I've got used to it being different. I'm not going to come out of ketosis for good until I've got to goal I think. Once at goal I'll take the scary step of introducing some 'good' carbs but that won't be for a while yet.

Hi Hun!!!

Im back too, not a lot to lose but given i never really got to target and I have put about 3/4 of a stone on, Im back at it. Good to have you back, I couldnt believe it when I saw how big S&S had become, its crazy!! Rob must be well happy!!!!!

Hels, I can't tell if the last little bit will come off quickly for us since we're re-revving the diet as such (and we should get a nice glycogen drop at first)... or reaaaaaaally slowly because we're near goal. I'm hoping for the former! It's actually quite nice not to have too much to lose now isn't it? It makes the goal weight seem that much more attainable and also I know that even if I struggle, the finish line is in sight :)

Borders, I've been thinking I might switch to either soya milk or coconut milk (not the canned stuff, the Kara stuff) after reaching goal - I've read so much about how cows milk isn't a good choice for many reasons, but I found switching directly to an alternative difficult. I'm hoping that since I don't plan to use my milk allowance on S&S, the break from cows milk means I won't miss it when I replace it.

Probably best to stay in ketosis until you finish - limits the chances of a binge ;) I can't see myself going super low carb after finishing dieting, but I plan to limit my intake significantly and also cut out refined sugars. I'll probably go 'Mediterranean style' whilst not going overboard on the fats - lots of vegetables and fruit, plus several portions of oily fish as well as seafood. I imagine it'll be a case of experimenting and finding what suits me and the scales. I was pleased to see there's some activity in the Refeed subforum - I'll definately be monitoring those threads and taking tips.

Ooooh I hope its quickly!!!!!!!

Back