Products for Extremely Dry Hands...

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by kelly1977, 30 April 2010 Social URL.

1. kelly1977

kelly1977 Back On CD.......

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(16.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Do any of you suffer with really dry hands?

My Partner has this problem but certain times they are so dry they crack, bleed & have keens in his fingers, went to the doctors & he prescribed aqueous cream which did help but it never shifted! It comes & goes..

Maybe he needs a strong steriod cream, I will drag him to the doctors (he hates going) but 1st wanted to see if anyone has any decent creams they have tried?!?

Thanks

;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    Maybe trying just natural creams/oils: cocoa butter and almond oil are very good

4. Going2be*fab*at40

Going2be*fab*at40 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    8st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st1lb(-0.8%)
    Diet:
    Fabulous Slimming World
    Hi,
    I had extremely dry skin on my hands last year - tried every sort of cream imaginable!
    Then found Flexitol Hand Balm (for very dry skin), from Boots.
    Within a couple of weeks, the dryness had gone.
    I'd completely forgotton about it - your post just reminded me, so had to rush upstairs to find the cream!
    I got it from Boots, think it was about £6 (ish), but worth it for me.
    Hope this helps.

5. bryony

bryony Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(8.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i use Vaseline and aqueous cream from the chemist both help sooth my hands, im a dog groomer and really suffer and after a few days after using Vaseline they usally improve a great deal

6. Lady_in_London

Lady_in_London Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I use Flexitol on my feet and it works so I am sure it is good for hands. I have used Neutrogena hand cream and Atrixo in the past.

Does he have a job where his hands are in contact with detergents, chemicals etc. Does he do the washing up without rubber gloves?

7. PinkyCharl

PinkyCharl Member

Start Weight:
    9st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.99%)
    slathering on aqueous cream, then putting on some cotton gloves before bed really helps - My partner had severe eczema on his feet & it was religious application of aqueous that fixed it in the end

8. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    Body shop do a fab hand cream with Hemp-I work outside and with horses and my hands get stupidly dry and cracked but this cream is fab, and a little goes a very long way :)

9. leighleigh

leighleigh Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    22st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -1st4.5lb(-6.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have dry skin on my elbows and knees, and also, I used to work in a fast food chain and the soap they made us use, dried out my hands to the point of cracking and bleeding. My hands have only just gotten back to the way they used to be (after 3 years!!) after applying vitamin E cream to my hands and wearing cotten gloves while i was asleep and then using palmers olive butter throughout the day. Now I don't have to apply so much cream.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.