Professional working diet required

Joman

Hi!

My name is Jon and I have been over weight for a while now.

I need and want to loose weight but have limited success. Motivation is not my problem and I am very good at sticking to a diet. My major probems are both working and my disability.

I have Ankylosing sponduitus and it causes me allot of pain so gym trips and exorcises can be hard work. I do keep an active lifestyle however as best as possibe.

I think my major problem is simply my working hours. I work 7am to 3pm Monday to friday. While on paper this isnt much diffrent to a 9-5 monday to friday it makes my day longer.

I am up at 5am each morning bed for 10pm.

Brekkie usually consist of Belvita busicuts (1to2 packs eaten through out the morning) Lunch is at 1130am usually and is a brown roll with some kind of filling. dinner consist of whatever falls out of freezer (usually some chicken etc) Drinks are usual tea with no sugar or diet fizzy drinks/water.

I normally eat my evening meal around 4pm that means I have to go from 4pm to 5am without eating and I find that very hard.

I also struggle with long hour days usually tuesdays and thursdays because i travel to other sites can be 7am starts and home for 7pm lunch in the middle but of course after that I dont want to cook just want to grab somthing.

Especally after these long days and due to my disability I become very very tired and I am unable to really function when I get home.

I need to plan my meals better but I am unsure how to space them.

I have tried hard core calorie counting, weight watches, slimming world etc but with limited sucess. I even tried a soup diet which worked for a while (this was around 600 to 800 calories per day) which worked well but I got very fed up of soups.

I am looking for some kind of plan that I can stick to that allows for either easy transportable, low oder(If i need to eat in the office i dont want to create a smell) that can be eaten by hand for lunch. but also either easy to prepair meals or meals I can make on the weekend that will be microwave or heatable through out the week evening.

How do you suggest I deal with my very long days?

I find any diet plans I look at are simply not workable around working life.

Thanks

Jon

The easiest way is to just daily increase the fruits and veggies each day, and use a little junk food as a treat instead of a staple.

Why do you think you had limited sucess with other 'diets'? Planning is the key to sucessful weight loss & as you say your working days are different to most peoples, but with planning you can fit in weight loss.

I'd take a look a the many diaries on here & take a look what people are eating & see if you think that would fit in with you. I take pasta/rice/potato salads to work for lunch & snack on fruit during the day, I find this fills me up enough until I get home for tea. With winter coming up you could invest in a slow cooker & have a yummy filling meal ready for when you get home, you could put chicken & veggies in which are both healthy & filling. You could prepare your meals when you get home from work.

Back