Professor loses weight on snack-food diet

Wish I'd not read that! I'm at work and went for coffee and the conversation turned to unhealthy food, all we spoke about for 15 minutes was fast food and deep fried mars bars. Anyway, great to know I'm off to the gym at 730pm tonight and eaten healthy food all day

Don't understand why he needed to do a demo of what we all know already, has this not been proven a million times already. Just the reason we eat healthier is we can have more food for our calorie count to keep us satisfied for longer! Surely this doctor must have some will power, that should have been his test....to see how little rubbish he could eat and control the craving lol. Less calories in, more calories out = weight loss x

I have a friend who eats like this, she's on medication that gives her no appetite and so she just picks at junk food. She's lost weight because of it (but she didn't intend to) but I bet you'd feel horrible subsiding on sugar D:

Its like all those people you see on supersize vs superskinny... The skinnies nearly ALL snack on chocolate bars/coke/crisps, but they eat nothing else.

You can lose weight on a chocolate only diet, but you'd only be eating 3-4 mars bars a day.. maybe? Thats not a lot of food compared to a conventional diet!! I dread to think how he felt after a week of that... and his insides were probably screaming, and sending him on a very fast track to diabetes!

I suppose the point is that you need to eat LESS to lose weight. Even diets with "free" foods have to be taken in moderation. Thats the theory - even if its pointed out in a somewhat obnoxious/patronising way.

Back